PDA

View Full Version : Respect for Cale Gundy

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 02:20 AM
Named the number 1 Running Back Coach in the Nation by CBS.

CBSSports.com All-Coach Team
Pos. Dennis Dodd Community Users
Head Coach Pete Carroll, USC Pete Carroll
Defensive Coord. Jim Heacock, Ohio State Tom Bradley, Penn State
Offensive Coord. Norm Chow, UCLA Norm Chow
Linebackers Brian Cabral, Colorado Luke Fickell, Ohio St.
Offensive Line Pat Ruel, USC Hugh Nall, Auburn
Defensive Line Rodney Garner, Georgia John Blake, North Carolina
Defensive Backs Chuck Heater, Florida Bobby Jack Wright, Oklahoma
Running Backs Cale Gundy, Oklahoma
Wide Receivers Erik Campbell, Iowa
Tight Ends Bruce Walker, Missouri

That is a complete honor.

sooner n houston
7/15/2008, 07:34 AM
I have met Cale a few times and really admire him. He is a very genuine person. Congrats coach!

swardboy
7/15/2008, 07:37 AM
But is he a man yet?

Kudos to Cale on the recognition. I think it's particularly note-worthy because each of our runners has a unique "style" of running which doesn't get sacrificed to a cookie-cutter mold.

Boomer.....
7/15/2008, 07:47 AM
Congrats to both coaches for making the list.

C&CDean
7/15/2008, 08:37 AM
but Bobby Jack sucks and so does Venables-fire them both nao!!1!!11!!

Mad Dog Madsen
7/15/2008, 08:49 AM
John Blake made the list as well. heh

badger
7/15/2008, 02:19 PM
Cale can recruit, Cale can coach - two things he has over his man brother.

poke4christ
7/15/2008, 02:29 PM

Considering we've had 3 top 25 recruiting classes in the last 3 years with no better than 7-6 records I'd say at least one of your statements is incorrect.

NYC Poke
7/15/2008, 02:33 PM
Considering we've had 3 top 25 recruiting classes in the last 3 years with no better than 7-6 records I'd say at least one of your statements is incorrect.

Well, I'm pretty sure his brother is a man . . .

kbsooner21
7/15/2008, 02:33 PM

I sure do hate losing out on all those top notch recruits to you all every year :D

Lott's Bandana
7/15/2008, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2337279#post2337279)

Daggum NYC, you beat me to it.

poke4christ
7/15/2008, 02:46 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure his brother is a man . . .

Yes, yes he is :D. He'll never live that down and I don't know if I'd want him to.

I sure do hate losing out on all those top notch recruits to you all every year :D

Didn't say we recruited better than OU, just that we recruit pretty dang well for the success level we've had. Also, we have been taking more recruits from OU than usual recently. It's much easier to recruit at a program that is in the national title mix more often then not. Anyway, much of this stuff is hard to measure and is often just opinion.

Sherpa
7/15/2008, 02:48 PM
We'll see how good Norm Chow is...

Widescreen
7/15/2008, 02:54 PM
Pos. Dennis Dodd
There's something I think we can all agree on.

badger
7/15/2008, 03:34 PM
Yes, Other-Gundy had some levels of success. However, for a school nicknaming itself Tailback U (USC patent pending) or the most powerful offense in the universe (Florida patent pending), there are a few holes in your argument for man brother:

1- If he can recruit, why can't he have a decent defense?

2- If he can coach, why did he lose that big lead versus Texas? Why did he try to hide the awful gameplay of Texas Tech-OSU with a rant? Why hasn't he beaten OU once in his first three years? Why are you settling for a winning record which comes via I-AA opponents?

Jason White's Third Knee
7/15/2008, 03:43 PM
Yes, Other-Gundy had some levels of success. However, for a school nicknaming itself Tailback U (USC patent pending) or the most powerful offense in the universe (Florida patent pending), there are a few holes in your argument for man brother:

2- If he can coach, why did he lose that big lead versus Texas? Why did he try to hide the awful gameplay of Texas Tech-OSU with a rant? Why hasn't he beaten OU once in his first three years? Why are you settling for a winning record which comes via I-AA opponents?

Dude, harsh.

C&CDean
7/15/2008, 04:15 PM
Chica, harsh.

Fixed.

NYC Poke
7/15/2008, 04:41 PM

Um, because we're a basketball school?

TexasIsOUsBtch
7/15/2008, 10:50 PM

and when we start winning in basketball and these type of questions are asked of u'r b-ball coach, i can already see u'r response....

"uh, because we're a wrestling school?"

OU_Sooners75
7/16/2008, 02:41 AM
Yes, yes he is :D. He'll never live that down and I don't know if I'd want him to.

Didn't say we recruited better than OU, just that we recruit pretty dang well for the success level we've had. Also, we have been taking more recruits from OU than usual recently. It's much easier to recruit at a program that is in the national title mix more often then not. Anyway, much of this stuff is hard to measure and is often just opinion.

Name the recruits that have had both OSU and OU in their top three and they ended up at OSU over OU?

OSU has not been pulling recruits away from OU. You are completely delusional if you think this is actually true.

OSU has been getting more in-state recruits than OU, but since Stoops arrival this has always been the case. OU is still landing more top Oklahoma recruits than OSU.

Gerald McCoy, Austin Box, Stacy McGee, Jameel Owens, Sam Bradford, Dominque Franks, Ryan Broyles, Jermaine Gresham, Mossis Madu, Quentin Chaney, Jonte Bumpus, and more....

These ones are just of the bigger names coming out of Oklahoma the last few years.

OU_Sooners75
7/16/2008, 02:50 AM

You are?

Since when?

OU is a better overall basketball school than OSU, historically and presently speaking. The only thing OSU has is a couple of titles from the mid 1940s. congrads.

Also, if you think you better OU in the series, think again.....

OU vs. OSU in basketball.

OU winning series by 34 games, or 123-89.
Meaning OU has won 58% of the time.

OU also ranks #30 when it comes to winningest teams. OSU ranks 37th.
http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/all_time_wins/2004_all_time_wins.pdf

OU has an overall record of 1,385-890 or 0.609 winning percentage.
OSU has an overall record of 1370-966 or 0.586 winning percentage.

Care to retract your statement?

OU_Sooners75
7/16/2008, 03:15 AM
and when we start winning in basketball and these type of questions are asked of u'r b-ball coach, i can already see u'r response....

"uh, because we're a wrestling school?"

Dude, are you a fairweather OU fan or what?

OU leads OSU in the following sports series....

Men's Basketball 123-89
Football 76-17-7
Women's Basketball 46-35

They do have the lead in baseball and wrestling.

KingDavid
7/16/2008, 03:24 AM

What a glorious retreat!

The next fox-hole is a hundred yards back with a sign above it saying,

"Um. because we're an athletic facilities school."

The sign above the next trench (on your journey backwards) reads:

"Um. because we're a well-funded-by-t.boone pickens school."

And you won't need to back-peddle any further when you reach that trench. Because that will, at last, be a title to which OSU can lay hold of, without dispute.

OU_Sooners75
7/16/2008, 03:30 AM
http://forums.talkncaasports.com/images/smilies/osu.gif http://forums.talkncaasports.com/images/smilies/sucks.gif

badger
7/16/2008, 08:21 AM
NYC Poke, I just wanted to say that I got the humor in your "basketball post," even if everyone else will take it seriously :D

Widescreen
7/16/2008, 09:32 AM
Also, we have been taking more recruits from OU than usual recently.

Yes. Yes you have.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/4483/xlkrt8.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
7/16/2008, 01:33 PM
Fixed.

I know she's a chick. That's what makes it fun. I never thought she was gay for Norman Pride.

NYC Poke
7/16/2008, 01:39 PM
What a glorious retreat!

The next fox-hole is a hundred yards back with a sign above it saying,

"Um. because we're an athletic facilities school."

The sign above the next trench (on your journey backwards) reads:

"Um. because we're a well-funded-by-t.boone pickens school."

And you won't need to back-peddle any further when you reach that trench. Because that will, at last, be a title to which OSU can lay hold of, without dispute.

"If there's anything we've learned in the last thousand miles of retreat, it's that Soviet agriculture is in dire need of mechanization."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s_90aSXkP5Q&mode=related&search=

Jason White's Third Knee
7/16/2008, 01:54 PM
"If there's anything we've learned in the last thousand miles of retreat, it's that Soviet agriculture is in dire need of mechanization."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s_90aSXkP5Q&mode=related&search=

Marching under the flag of a rat's anus? Genius.

goingoneight
7/16/2008, 10:37 PM
Name the recruits that have had both OSU and OU in their top three and they ended up at OSU over OU?

OSU has not been pulling recruits away from OU. You are completely delusional if you think this is actually true.

OSU has been getting more in-state recruits than OU, but since Stoops arrival this has always been the case. OU is still landing more top Oklahoma recruits than OSU.

Gerald McCoy, Austin Box, Stacy McGee, Jameel Owens, Sam Bradford, Dominque Franks, Ryan Broyles, Jermaine Gresham, Mossis Madu, Quentin Chaney, Jonte Bumpus, and more....

These ones are just of the bigger names coming out of Oklahoma the last few years.

Markelle Martin, Kye Staley and XLK? :D