PDA

View Full Version : What game are we most likely too lose?

Dan Thompson
7/14/2008, 09:46 PM
I think we will be up for the Nebraska game, but we play A&M at College Station the next week. Is this a real problem game?

Then there is the Cinn game at home followed by the Washingtion game in Seattle.

SoonerInLubbock
7/14/2008, 09:51 PM
I can't wait to get revenge on Texas Tech......but I will say it won't be easy. They are really out to prove something this year. The only comfort is knowing they have to come to Norman. Not saying we WILL lose this one but it won't be easy.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/14/2008, 10:13 PM
NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pop:

OU-HSV
7/14/2008, 10:20 PM
I'm not gonna say we're gonna lose any games.
But I'm also not going to make the bold statement that we'll go undefeated either.
I'll leave it at this....I see no reason we shouldn't find ourselves capable of winning all our games.
But I'll tell you a couple that I'm hesitant of.
TCU, Texas Tech, and KU.....
But I think we should win all of those, they're in Norman and we've got some major revenge to take out on TCU and Tech.
I was at the most recent game vs. TCU of which we don't speak of, and I'm gonna be at this one to watch us take the revenge out on them.

Tech is looking a little more scary than the normal high power offensive team we've seen...I mean they've actually pieced together a quality defense the last couple years...and coming into this year, I think it may be the best defense Tech has had in quite a while, if not ever.
Considering that and the offensive weapons they'll have, we need to be careful. But again, it's in Norman and we seem to have a trend of taking care of Tech (among many other teams) in Norman.

SoonerInLubbock
7/14/2008, 10:35 PM
Agreed.....Adding to that, Crabtree just plain scares me. That kids a stud, he should've played for OU!!!!!

JLEW1818
7/14/2008, 10:35 PM
If we lose a game this year it will be @ A&M. Luckily they are starting with a new coach. We will be favored to win every game obviously.

JLEW1818
7/14/2008, 10:36 PM
Agreed.....Adding to that, Crabtree just plain scares me. That kids a stud, he should've played for OU!!!!!

Crabtree had an awesome season last year. LAST YEAR. Not saying he will be a fluke but lets just see what happens now that teams know what he's made off, I'm just saying. I'm sure people can say that about Sammy too.

StormySooner-IN
7/14/2008, 11:00 PM
Whatever game John Bible is reffing.....

olevetonahill
7/14/2008, 11:05 PM
Whatever game John Bible is reffing.....

you Smarter than you look .:P

tulsaoilerfan
7/14/2008, 11:09 PM
I don't see a game we shouldn't win, but if the pattern of the last few years holds true, there will be at least 1 that we give away

OU-HSV
7/14/2008, 11:12 PM
Crabtree had an awesome season last year. LAST YEAR. Not saying he will be a fluke but lets just see what happens now that teams know what he's made off, I'm just saying. I'm sure people can say that about Sammy too.

It's no fluke. Crabtree is a phenominal, athletic, freakish weapon. Now, maybe more teams will be able to double team him this year more often/or find a more effective scheme to keep him well covered...but that would mean what??....only 5000 yards receiving for him this year ;)

yermom
7/15/2008, 12:01 AM
i don't see us losing at home. KU and to a lesser extent Tech could be rough games.

both Aggie teams always play us tough at home, but i think i'm the most worried about Washington and Texas

silverwheels
7/15/2008, 12:13 AM
I'd love to say "none" but that's not the case. All road games should be tough (especially @A&M and @OSU) except for Baylor and maybe Washington; I think we should have that game wrapped up before the 4th quarter. Texas, Kansas, and Texas Tech will give us at least a good fight while Nebraska has potential to do the same.

This is all assuming that our preparations and general attitudes haven't changed since last year.

tommieharris91
7/15/2008, 12:16 AM
@ATM and @osu look like the worst to me.

mikeb
7/15/2008, 12:16 AM
Our BCS game.

goingoneight
7/15/2008, 12:29 AM
Howsaboot I make a list of games I know we'll win.

UT-C
TCU
Bellar
OUr 6th BIG 12 Championship

The rest is going to be fun to say the least. :D

StormySooner-IN
7/15/2008, 12:52 AM
you Smarter than you look .:P

And everytime I post you are there to quote it......

:gary:.....

:D

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 01:05 AM
I just feel if we play a thriller game against Washington, then we are not a National Championship team. However I don't think its going to be a thriller. Bob Stoops is so electrified right now to kill the next pac 10 team he plays. And I can guarantee you all, that he will put 100 points on the board if he can. I can promise you we will not stop scoring that game, if we end up being 35 points at half he will want more the second half.
My biggest question mark is as followed. WHAT WILL SAM BRADFORD DUE ON THE ROAD IN WASHINGTON? This is my big question mark, he's been below average on the road. I want Sammy to have a 330 yard game with 4 td's. I hope Sam shows all of us and ESPN what the boy can do on the road. If Sam can get a great game under his belt on the road, its all him from there.

OUstud
7/15/2008, 01:23 AM
Warshintun. If we get past that and shake bad Pac-10 memories, I think our schedule sets up favorably to go undefeated. Texas doesn't scare me too much this year. Cincy could scare us for a quarter or so, but without Ben Mauk they won't be where they were last year. TCU, not this year. Not overly worried about A&M, I think Sherman is basically Fran without a newsletter connection. KU is due for a few losses, and I think we'll be one of them, though they should be good. We haven't played Ron Prince yet, but I can't see KSU giving us that much trouble. Nebraska, new coach, on the road, not happening this year. Tech in Norman, yeah, whatever. At OSU will be closer than it should be, like always.

soonerfan28
7/15/2008, 07:41 AM
A&M

KantoSooner
7/15/2008, 09:35 AM
A&M sets up as the trap game, but I dunno. I believe the season will be pretty predictable after we see the pass rush in game 1. On paper, I see a defense that can reliably get to any qb in the world and make lots of plays in the backfield.....and cause the hurry-ups that result in picks. And if they do, then OU will be playing for No. 8 in January. On paper.
God, I hate this time of year. Six weeks to go.

schlanker
7/15/2008, 10:28 AM
Im going to go with whatever bowl game we are in. Seems to be a trend as of late.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/15/2008, 03:39 PM
A&M won't be trouble. They are running a pro system with a college QB and it's the first year with a new coach. That is always doom.

No question that Tech is going to be a bitch. They are alreadya huge pain in the *** every year and now they are looking really good. Lots of experience. Still not concerned about their D though.

RedstickSooner
7/15/2008, 03:56 PM
I'm kinda a fatalist. I think we go undefeated, then lose at the pokes. What surer way to make the season feel like an absolute, abysmal failure.

Maybe we'll drop the CCG after that, too.

I have a hard time being optimistic in the pre-season that past few years :mad:

yermom
7/15/2008, 04:07 PM
A&M won't be trouble. They are running a pro system with a college QB and it's the first year with a new coach. That is always doom.

No question that Tech is going to be a bitch. They are alreadya huge pain in the *** every year and now they are looking really good. Lots of experience. Still not concerned about their D though.

Tech can't even always win their crappy non-conference games on the road. we usually make them look stupid in Norman. plus, the revenge game in Norman doesn't usually go well for anyone

soonermix
7/15/2008, 04:16 PM
KU

kbsooner21
7/15/2008, 04:17 PM
Tech can't even always win their crappy non-conference games on the road. we usually make them look stupid in Norman. plus, the revenge game in Norman doesn't usually go well for anyone

Well said!

Lott's Bandana
7/15/2008, 04:26 PM
Something makes me think that the real "trap" game is in Manhattan.

I still can't relieve myself of the nausea I felt during our trip to Ames last year. We were significantly worse on the road, and I think A&M is a big enough historically significant game to not qualify as a trap. Kansas State could be this year's ISU or even Colorado, IF we don't shake the road shimmies.

We all know the drill. Instead of coming out and punching them in the nose, we play bad Juco ball and give the vastly inferior team the idea that they actually have a chance, while us fans sit there gaping all the while waiting for the steamroll that lately hasn't come. More evenly matched non-con games have been slow starts then catch-up (UCLA, Oregon, Fresno State). I hope I don't sit there by the lake in September and see that scenario repeat itself. I like Ty, I just don't want us to be the impetus for his return to the natl spotlight.

illinisooner
7/15/2008, 04:45 PM
In order of most likely to lose to least likely to lose:
1. Tech
2. Texas
3. OSU
4. A&M
5. K State
6. Washington
7. Kansas
8. Nebraska
9. Cincinnati
10. TCU
11. Baylor
12. UTC

All I can say is thankfully we get Tech at home...if this was in Lubbock I wouldn't predict a win. Bottom line is they've played us very well the last 3 years, and officially beaten us 2 out of 3 years. Texas has too many question marks to be favored in the RRS, but it's a rivalry, so that really doesn't matter. I know the various Aggies we play on the road aren't that amazing, but take a look at the past few games we've played in Stillwater, College Station, and Manhattan. All close ones, regardless of how good both teams were. Washington is up there because we have to prove we can play on the road, and they're our first road game. Kansas, Nebraska, and Cincy are all talented, but not in our class. TCU, Baylor, and UTC shouldn't be an issue.

Soonersince57
7/22/2008, 02:40 PM
@ATM and @osu look like the worst to me.

Agree. We'll need to make that shiny new stadium half red.

okcusooner
7/22/2008, 06:01 PM
Easy Question.

Texas game. No explanation needed.

at KSU. Good quarterback. Historically streaky team. Certainly capable of the home upset (ask the horns)

olevetonahill
7/22/2008, 06:03 PM
Easy Question.

Texas game. No explanation needed.

at KSU. Good quarterback. Historically streaky team. Certainly capable of the home upset (ask the horns)

No wonder your Red :rolleyes:
WE aint gonna Lose
just sayin

okcusooner
7/22/2008, 06:12 PM
No wonder your Red :rolleyes:
WE aint gonna Lose
just sayin

I don't think we'll lose the Texas game either.

But I interpreted the question as, "If OU loses, to what team(s) would that loss most likely be". If you agree with my interpretation, but don't think a loss to Texas is more likely than a loss to any other team on the schedule, I'm afraid you've changed from fan to fanatic.

StoopTroup
7/22/2008, 06:45 PM
The tough games are again Road games.

I glad there is a Home game with TTech between the TAMU and Pokes.

That would be teh suc if they were all road games.

Texas and Tamu have to be the tough ones but given we sometimes start off slow...the huskie game worries me a little.

If I'm picking one...I guess I'll say that game in Manhatten against the Mildcats is always a weird game.

I hate it there.

The fans are teh suc and the atmosphere is teh suc.

Going into College Station and the Cotton Bowl you know the crowd is going to affect the game.

The Manhatten Transfer is just awful.

I'll pick it as the one we almost lose.

olevetonahill
7/22/2008, 06:52 PM
I don't think we'll lose the Texas game either.

But I interpreted the question as, "If OU loses, to what team(s) would that loss most likely be". If you agree with my interpretation, but don't think a loss to Texas is more likely than a loss to any other team on the schedule, I'm afraid you've changed from fan to fanatic.

Ive ALWAYS been a Fanatic
I have Crimson Glasses and all
Just sayin :D

NormanPride
7/23/2008, 10:04 AM
The KSU game will depend on how we perform against KU at home. The KU game will be big, as they'll most likely be undefeated and ready to take it to the next level. We'll be coming off of a Texas game where, if we win, we're in it to win it all. So if we play KU hard and win with a fairly good margin, look for us to steamroll KSU with a lot of confidence. If it's close, KSU may get a tired team. If it's a blowout, KSU may get an unfocused team. I think we'll be fine, though. The coaching and talent level is so vast that we should be able to make it even if we're not that good that day.

I'm actually happy with our schedule. The hard part on these even years is the end, where we deal with A&M, Tech, and OSU. A&M on the road will be tough, but we're coming off of an easier game against Nebbish at home (who thought we'd EVER say that?). Coming home against Tech will be hard again, but we're out for revenge and it's a home game.

OSU looks to be the hardest game from talent, focus, energy, and playing conditions. Texas is always a rivalry, but we're on even ground, and it's early in the season. OSU is the last test, on the road, against a team that hates us a whole hell of a lot more than we care about them. If they're any good, it will be really hard to win. Stoops has NEVER performed well there.

OUMallen
7/23/2008, 10:52 AM
Warshintun. If we get past that and shake bad Pac-10 memories, I think our schedule sets up favorably to go undefeated. Texas doesn't scare me too much this year. Cincy could scare us for a quarter or so, but without Ben Mauk they won't be where they were last year. TCU, not this year. Not overly worried about A&M, I think Sherman is basically Fran without a newsletter connection. KU is due for a few losses, and I think we'll be one of them, though they should be good. We haven't played Ron Prince yet, but I can't see KSU giving us that much trouble. Nebraska, new coach, on the road, not happening this year. Tech in Norman, yeah, whatever. At OSU will be closer than it should be, like always.

This.

rainiersooner
7/23/2008, 11:05 AM
I don't think we'll lose any home games.

I don't think Washington's that good - their QB is good; but their defense, especially their secondary, will get picked apart by Bradford. I'm not afraid of that one.

I pick Kansas State and Texas as the two games we COULD lose; although, I don't think it's likely. So, to answer your question directly: NONE!!

Soonermagik
7/23/2008, 12:10 PM
A&M is terrible!!! I'm sorry, but they will struggle for several years with their new coach.

I would have to say the game we are most likely to lose is the Texas game. However, if we can stay healthy we should go undefeated. I'm willing to bet we are favored in every game we play in.

OUMallen
7/23/2008, 12:19 PM
Washington is tough not because they're good, but because it's a hyped game on the road early in the season. Plus, I am quietly worried Bradford will pull a Colt and not have as good of a year, esp without MK (even though he was underutilized at times).

soonersn20xx
7/23/2008, 12:23 PM
The best team we will face is Texas, that doesn't necessarily translate to the game we will lose. Don't neg me for this cause it pains me to say this, I think we will lose to Mizzou in the big 12 Championship game.

soonerinabilene
7/23/2008, 12:29 PM
Plus, I am quietly worried Bradford will pull a Colt and not have as good of a year, esp without MK (even though he was underutilized at times).

Peyton Manning couldnt have done much better with the Oline that Colt had last year. Sam wont have that problem.

Sooner_09
7/23/2008, 12:43 PM
Losing to misery eh? are you booger eater himself?

stoopified
7/23/2008, 01:38 PM
NONE,but that is what I said last year too.

JohnnyMack
7/23/2008, 02:06 PM
Texas

@OSU

Those two games present the largest hurdles.

Followed by:

Sand Aggie

@Aggie

olevetonahill
7/23/2008, 02:51 PM
The best team we will face is Texas, that doesn't necessarily translate to the game we will lose. Don't neg me for this cause it pains me to say this, I think we will lose to Mizzou in the big 12 Championship game.

Looks Like you done been Negged to Bolivia :P

BillyBall
7/23/2008, 03:06 PM
Texas

@OSU

Those two games present the largest hurdles.

Followed by:

Sand Aggie

@Aggie

Agreed.

AZSOONER
7/24/2008, 01:48 PM
I think we have the same odds of losing any game. The tough games we'll be up for, the easy ones we wont. See CU last year. Not mentioning injury. See TT last year. Right now, 5 weeks before the season starts. I think we're better than any team we'll play in the reg. season and should finish undefeated. I also thought we would last year, didn't see losses to CU, TT or WV comin at all.

Zing
7/24/2008, 02:10 PM
The most likely place I see us losing a game is in Stillwater, and it's for a reason that we've stated over and over again: Their season hinges on whether or not they beat us. When a team waits all year and puts so much emotion on one game, crazy things are bound to happen.

Even in Lubbock, Tech wouldn't beat us this year. We were a better team than they were last year (just showed up at the end of that game), and I think that we will have improved more than they have by the time our game with them rolls around. The one unique challenge Tech presents is that they're one of the few teams capable of keeping pace with us on the scoreboard if we don't play good defense. Just about every other team we play, I think, we'll outscore even if the defense doesn't show up 100%.

Either you've got insane fans or reason to be optimistic when people are predicting the most likely loss as an accident to a little brother school. I choose optimism.

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:31 PM
OU's going all the way BABY!!!!!!!!

IronHorseSooner
7/26/2008, 07:14 AM
KSTATE just seems like a trap. Its right square in the middle of a stretch that include UTerus and KU on one side and Neb and the 3 Aggie Schools on the other. We don't know a lot about them (heck, with all of those JUCOs, they don't know a lot about themselves). We should win, but I don't like where it is on the schedule. If it were at home, I would say a comfortable win (like Neb). Goodness, this team needs to play like it's them against the world on the road.

OU-HSV
7/26/2008, 07:52 AM

I don't get your logic behind the big 12 Championship prediction. We proved last year we could beat this "quality" Mizzou squad twice. I know it's a different squad this year. But I don't see Mizzou making quite as much noise this year as they did last year. I mean look at Mizzou's schedule.
They open up against the Illini, which is no easy win...
3 weeks in a row in October, they play AT Nebraska (yeah, Nebraska sucks, but this could be tougher than people expect for them to win...new coach and rowdy enthusiastic fans), followed by a possibly improved osu sheephumper squad, followed by playing AT Texas (who will likely also be improved from last year as well IMO)
And I don't think KU is a pushover team the last week of Mizzou's regular season schedule either. I say Mizzou has a pretty dang tough schedule and they'll be lucky to get through the season without a couple losses. Which at that point would mean they'd have to get pretty lucky to make it into the Big 12 CG. Just my thoughts anyways.

Flagstaffsooner
7/26/2008, 08:56 AM
THE SOONERS WILL BE UNDEFEATED IN 2008