PDA

View Full Version : Home Run Derby

JLEW1818
7/14/2008, 01:51 PM
Very simple who you got winning tonight?

Berkman
Braun
Hamilton
Longoria
Morneau
Sizemore
Uggla
Utley

I got Berkman vs Hamilton in the finals, Berk squeezing it out.

r5TPsooner
7/14/2008, 01:53 PM
This would make a good pole.

r5TPsooner
7/14/2008, 01:55 PM
I'm going with Morneau since he's my fav. Canb't believe no Yankee is in the homer derby.

A-Rod... U SUCKETH and will never be considered a TRUE YANKEE.

tommieharris91
7/14/2008, 02:11 PM
Darkhorse = Grady Sizemore.

kbsooner21
7/14/2008, 02:25 PM
Berkman over Hamilton

r5TPsooner
7/14/2008, 08:55 PM
Hamilton is a monster. I'm gonna start following the Rangers more closely. 28 homers in the 1st round!

Wowzers

Scott D
7/14/2008, 10:24 PM
I'm going with Morneau since he's my fav. Canb't believe no Yankee is in the homer derby.

A-Rod... U SUCKETH and will never be considered a TRUE YANKEE.

we have a winner.

JLEW1818
7/14/2008, 10:32 PM
Another great choke for the greater Dallas area- Hamilton.

Romo twice
Mav's 1 seed vs 8
Hamilton

Sorry if you like dallas

GrapevineSooner
7/14/2008, 10:38 PM
Uhh, you're comparing an exhibition with three playoff defeats?

PS, let me know when the Rockets finally win another playoff series. ;)

tulsaoilerfan
7/14/2008, 11:02 PM
Stupid format IMO; the 3 rounds is fine, but it should go to the guy that hits the most homers overall; btw, didn't Erin Andrews look giggidy giggidy, giggidy tonight? :)

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 01:39 AM
Uhh, you're comparing an exhibition with three playoff defeats?

PS, let me know when the Rockets finally win another playoff series. ;)

Okay let me know when the Cowgirls, mavs's or rangers every win another series. Dallas has been the biggest choke city this decade with out doubt. Please prove me wrong. Its' funny how the entire universe (including cowboy fans) hate T. Owens. OHHH but as soon as dallas gets him he's a saint. Pac man jones? How many criminals/horrible people does dallas need to have?

sooner2b09
7/15/2008, 02:25 AM
Stupid format IMO; the 3 rounds is fine, but it should go to the guy that hits the most homers overall; btw, didn't Erin Andrews look giggidy giggidy, giggidy tonight? :)

When does she not

Scott D
7/15/2008, 05:44 AM
Another great choke for the greater Dallas area- Hamilton.

Romo twice
Mav's 1 seed vs 8
Hamilton

Sorry if you like dallas

wow...um. the Home Run Derby is no more meaningful than the 3 point shootout at the NBA All-Star Break. Which ironically has been won by a Dallas player in the recent past.

I think the only person who has won the thing after having a "monster" round is Bobby Abreu, and his hitting has suffered ever since he participated in and won in 2005. I can only hope that it affects Morneau and Mauer's seasons enough that the damn Twins can go away. :)

Harry Beanbag
7/15/2008, 07:33 AM
wow...um. the Home Run Derby is no more meaningful than the 3 point shootout at the NBA All-Star Break.

Someone should tell Chris Berman, he thought it was the Super Bowl or something.

Beef
7/15/2008, 08:32 AM
Okay let me know when the Cowgirls, mavs's or rangers every win another series. Dallas has been the biggest choke city this decade with out doubt. Please prove me wrong. Its' funny how the entire universe (including cowboy fans) hate T. Owens. OHHH but as soon as dallas gets him he's a saint. Pac man jones? How many criminals/horrible people does dallas need to have?

If you're comparing what Hamilton did to T.O. and the Cowboys or the Mavericks, you just don't get it, do you? Life is about a lot more than the final score.

r5TPsooner
7/15/2008, 10:17 AM
I'm a Twins fan but Hamilton deserved to win the thing. You hit 28 homers in one round that should account for something.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/15/2008, 10:55 AM
Seriously in 10 years are you going to remember who won this....or all of the bombs that Hamilton hit and the Yankee crowd chanting his name. I know which one I will remember

soonermix
7/15/2008, 11:46 AM

yeah because the astros, rockets and texans are always in contention for a title??? :P

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 01:10 PM
yeah because the astros, rockets and texans are always in contention for a title??? :P

Texans would make the playoff too if they were in the crappy NFC. Texans went 8-8 last year and lost all 6 division games. We would have a better chance in the cowboys division. It just sucks because I don't see us beating out the patriots colts or chargers anytime soon.

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 01:14 PM
If you're comparing what Hamilton did to T.O. and the Cowboys or the Mavericks, you just don't get it, do you? Life is about a lot more than the final score.

No I like Hamilton a lot he thanks Jesus which is very rare for athletes. Any athlete can say I want to thank god. I give Hamilton props. However, any Dallas fan that can truly say they loved TO before he came to Dallas speak now. Because I doubt anybody liked him before. I just can't wait for the day that he makes Tony Romo cry and his career goes down the drain.

Scott D
7/15/2008, 06:04 PM
Someone should tell Chris Berman, he thought it was the Super Bowl or something.

Chris Berman's relevance is on par with that of Colin Cowherd...aka something that serves no more purpose as background noise than a bunch of mosquitos buzzing.

r5TPsooner
7/15/2008, 06:24 PM
Had a chance to meet Morneau at fans day in the Twin Citites a few years ago. The guy is a Canadian thru and thru and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

I'm glad that he won last nite.

r5TPsooner
7/15/2008, 06:26 PM
No I like Hamilton a lot he thanks Jesus which is very rare for athletes. Any athlete can say I want to thank god. I give Hamilton props. However, any Dallas fan that can truly say they loved TO before he came to Dallas speak now. Because I doubt anybody liked him before. I just can't wait for the day that he makes Tony Romo cry and his career goes down the drain.

What scares me about Hamilton is that he still has to take a "friend" out with him when he goes somewhere. I just have a bad feeling that he will slip up again and never come back.

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 07:44 PM
What scares me about Hamilton is that he still has to take a "friend" out with him when he goes somewhere. I just have a bad feeling that he will slip up again and never come back.

Ya you never know, cocaine and heroin are suppose to be more addicting then sex! muahahaa!!!

soonerboy
7/15/2008, 09:05 PM
Texans would make the playoff too if they were in the crappy NFC. Texans went 8-8 last year and lost all 6 division games. We would have a better chance in the cowboys division. It just sucks because I don't see us beating out the patriots colts or chargers anytime soon.

wait..... you guys have a football team?

GrapevineSooner
7/15/2008, 09:14 PM
I'm a Twins fan but Hamilton deserved to win the thing. You hit 28 homers in one round that should account for something.

Well, it accounted for a first round record. ;)

But as a certain college coach once said back in 2002, everybody knew what the rules were going in.

That having been said, I think Josh Hamilton's 28-homer binge (pardon the pun) is what everyone will remember from the HR derby. About three weeks from now, nobody will ever remember who actually won the thing. ;)

GrapevineSooner
7/15/2008, 09:21 PM
No I like Hamilton a lot he thanks Jesus which is very rare for athletes. Any athlete can say I want to thank god.

Actually, I think when most athletes get in trouble, they turn to the Jesus angle as a means to good PR.

I think what separates Hambone from the rest is he doesn't use it when he screws up. He's already past that point and uses his experiences to talk to church groups and youth groups about how he screwed up, dug himself a huge hole...but got out of it, thanks to his religious beliefs.

And I can personally attest to how nice a guy he is as evidenced by him coming over to the dugout during a workout to be a part of the group picture with my daughter's preschool last month.

However, any Dallas fan that can truly say they loved TO before he came to Dallas speak now. Because I doubt anybody liked him before.

Can't say I truly loved TO before he became a Cowboy.

But when one of my teams signs somebody with a questionable past, I'm going to at least give them the benefit of the doubt coming in. Thus far, TO's been a model citizen save for whatever that was back in September of 2006.

Ditto for Milton Bradley with the Rangers.

As for the Sean Avery experiment with the Stars...well, like I said, I'll always give somebody the benefit of the doubt going in. ;)

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 09:36 PM
We should hang out.