PDA

View Full Version : Second Hand Furniture

royalfan5
7/14/2008, 01:32 PM
Now that I have my own place lined up, I need to round-up some furnishings. What is the best strategy to cobble together a decent array of used furniture? Craigslist, Garage Sales, Classifieds, other?

OUDoc
7/14/2008, 01:35 PM
I stole from my parents for a while.
Hell, I still take their extras some times, but not like when I was a single man.

shaun4411
7/14/2008, 01:36 PM
hang around walker, adams, and couch towers on campus during finals week in may. kids leave all sorts of crap lying around. i once found a brand new microwave when i moved out of walker center. it was just sitting there on the ground, beckoning to me.

royalfan5
7/14/2008, 01:38 PM
I stole from my parents for a while.
Hell, I still take their extras some times, but not like when I was a single man.

That was kind of the idea at first because my Mom had told me they had a bunch of spare furniture they were going to give me. But they forgot about that and gave it all away because it was in the way one day a month ago. So now I have to find my own.

BillyBall
7/14/2008, 01:38 PM
CraigsList worked pretty well for me when I was looking for an entertainment center. Couple was getting married and his EC was nicer than hers.

Cam
7/14/2008, 01:42 PM
Craigslist, garage/estate sales, goodwill, or drive around some of the nicer neighbors and see what they're throwing out. Put a wanted add in craigslist and see what happens.

OUDoc
7/14/2008, 01:44 PM
Craigslist, garage/estate sales, goodwill, or drive around some of the nicer neighbors and see what they're throwing out. Put a wanted add in craigslist and see what happens.
Heh. We tossed out a bunk bed set several months ago the night before "big trash day". It was gone in under an hour.

Soonrboy
7/14/2008, 01:45 PM
we just bought my daughter a dresser off craigslist...lots of stuff in there.

soonerinabilene
7/14/2008, 01:58 PM
Its your first place on your own, so its pretty much required for you to have stuff from a garage sale, flea market, or side of the road. Srlsy, hit up the hispanic parts of your town on a saturday morning. Garage sales everywhere, and with a ton of used furniture.