PDA

View Full Version : A homeless dude

SicEmBaylor
7/14/2008, 03:01 AM
A homeless dude on a corner in Waco was doing the robot dance for money. I was entertained enough that I gave him 5 bucks. He was actually REALLY good at it.

Boomer.....
7/14/2008, 07:27 AM
That will get him a nice bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.

shaun4411
7/14/2008, 07:40 AM
a homeless guy in new orleans did some funky stuff with his throat and sung some stupid song to which the lyrics ended with "now can i have some cash?" i told him i was broke and he called me a cracker.

StoopTroup
7/14/2008, 09:25 AM
Crackers and MD 20/20....

Breakfast of Champions!

Widescreen
7/14/2008, 09:56 AM
A homeless dude on a corner in Waco was doing the robot dance for money. I was entertained enough that I gave him 5 bucks. He was actually REALLY good at it.

Mike Singletary?

C&CDean
7/14/2008, 11:04 AM
I got no problem with street entertainers working for money. Throwing the guy a $5 is a good thing. Besides, I'd be willing to bet he a) works harder than you, and b) isn't homeless.

I talked to an old black dude in San Francisco a couple times who impersonates a potted bush on the corner then scares the **** out of people by shaking his the limbs he's holding and growling at passersby. This dude rakes in over $500 a night sitting on a street corner acting like a tree. Then he walks over to the parking lot and drives his Lexus up to his crib.

Cam
7/14/2008, 11:12 AM
I got no problem with street entertainers working for money. Throwing the guy a $5 is a good thing. Besides, I'd be willing to bet he a) works harder than you, and b) isn't homeless.

I talked to an old black dude in San Francisco a couple times who impersonates a potted bush on the corner then scares the **** out of people by shaking his the limbs he's holding and growling at passersby. This dude rakes in over $500 a night sitting on a street corner acting like a tree. Then he walks over to the parking lot and drives his Lexus up to his crib.

I've seen the "bush" dude in San Fran a number of times. He definately pulls in some cash, but he earns it. Sitting and watching him scare the chit out of people is a good time.

SoonerInFla
7/14/2008, 11:25 AM

Do the people pay him since he did such a good job scaring them or do others pitch in and watch him scare the next folks that walk by?

Cam
7/14/2008, 11:33 AM
Do the people pay him since he did such a good job scaring them or do others pitch in and watch him scare the next folks that walk by?

Both.

Frozen Sooner
7/14/2008, 11:33 AM
Panhandlers in San Francisco definitely take it to another level.

C&CDean
7/14/2008, 12:52 PM

Guys who actually do something are not panhandlers. Guys who write "Homeless Vet" or girls who write "Baby gotta eat" on the bottom of a cardboard box are.

In my mind, there's a HUGE difference. If the guy with the "will work for food" sign would actually do something entertaining/worthwhile then I'd drop him some cash.

StoopTroup
7/14/2008, 12:54 PM
What about this Dean...

I just quit my job of twenty years to hang out and play guitar.

Werkin' really sucked.

I need some dough for pot and gas fer my bike.

Please help!!!

:D

BigRedJed
7/14/2008, 01:00 PM
There's a guy here in OKC that does a kickass living statue act, dressed as a Will Rogers type character and painted bronze from head to toe. He has been know to freak some folks the heck out.

Hot Rod
7/14/2008, 01:00 PM

Do the ones here in Oklahoma know about this? They could raking in the dough! :D

Cam
7/14/2008, 01:16 PM
There's a guy here in OKC that does a kickass living statue act, dressed as a Will Rogers type character and painted bronze from head to toe. He has been know to freak some folks the heck out.

We hired him for an open house a couple of years ago. Freaked our kids out.

Sooner_Havok
7/14/2008, 01:39 PM
I like honesty in homeless people. I saw a guy at the off ramp of I-44 and Penn with a sign that said "Why lie, I need a beer." I though to myself, at least he is being honest, and when into the gas station right there and bought the guy a 6-pack. I thanked me, took his sign and beer and went up under the overpass. Came back by a few hours later and he was still up there drinking beer.

BigRedJed
7/14/2008, 01:46 PM
Why lie, I need a beer (http://images.google.com/images?q=why%20lie%20i%20need%20a%20beer&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7DMUS&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/14/2008, 02:57 PM
His name is Troy Scott. He was a mime at the picnic for my work last summer.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/14/2008, 02:58 PM
http://sixmeatbuffet.com/images/berserker-hobo.jpg

SicEmBaylor
7/14/2008, 03:18 PM

I was one such person. He scared the ever loving bejesus out of me.

BigRedJed
7/14/2008, 04:42 PM
Hell, WOMEN scare the everloving bejesus out of you. It must not be that difficult to do.

LoyalFan
7/15/2008, 12:41 AM
I like honesty in homeless people. I saw a guy at the off ramp of I-44 and Penn with a sign that said "Why lie, I need a beer." I though to myself, at least he is being honest, and when into the gas station right there and bought the guy a 6-pack. I thanked me, took his sign and beer and went up under the overpass. Came back by a few hours later and he was still up there drinking beer.

He made a sixie last HOURS! Rank amateur!
On the other hand, he'd be a cheap date for any of our members who bats for the other team.
All of a sudden, I'm hearing "One Night In...".....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

LF