PDA

View Full Version : Taj Gray

Ton Loc
7/13/2008, 07:50 PM
FYI

Taj is playing for the Lakers in the summer league. On Cox channel 256 right now. He's #21 in case you forgot what he looks like. ;)

badger
7/13/2008, 09:10 PM
FYI

Taj is playing for the Lakers in the summer league. On Cox channel 256 right now. He's #21 in case you forgot what he looks like. ;)

Thanks. We missed it - it is now GS and Dallas. ah well, next time.

Rhino
7/14/2008, 12:48 PM
From The Oklahoman:

Mon July 14, 2008
Locals in Las Vegas NBA summer league (http://newsok.com/locals-in-las-vegas-nba-summer-league/article/3269751/?tm=1216009821)

While Oklahoma City's NBA team might not be playing in the Las Vegas NBA summer league, there are still plenty of locals in action.

Here's a look at some of the players with state ties trying to make a good impression in Sin City:

•Darnell Jackson, Cleveland Cavaliers (Midwest City): Jackson is teaming up in Vegas with fellow former Jayhawks Wayne Simien and Billy Thomas. Jackson has yet to play in Vegas.

•Gerald Green, Dallas Mavericks (OSU signee): Green, who opted to head to the NBA instead of Oklahoma State, is still trying to find his way in the league. The Mavs are his fourth NBA team.

•Taj Gray, Los Angeles Lakers (OU): Gray, who has spent most of his time since college playing overseas, is averaging 12 minutes in his first two summer league games.

•Ebi Ere, Memphis Grizzlies (OU): Ere has also spent most of his post-college career in Europe. Ere is averaging 10 minutes and three points in three games in Vegas.

•Marcus Dove, Memphis Grizzlies (OSU): Undrafted and unsigned, Dove is trying to make an impression in Vegas. He has yet to play in a game.

•Aaron Pettway, Memphis Grizzlies (OSU): Joining Ere and Dove on the Grizzlies roster, Pettway played five minutes on Sunday and scored two points against the Lakers.

•Longar Longar, Minnesota Timberwolves (OU): Undrafted and unsigned, Longar has yet to play in a game with the Timberwolves.

•Ivan McFarlin, Phoenix Suns (OSU): McFarlin, who spent parts of the 2006-07 season with Philadelphia and Denver, has yet to play with the Suns in Las Vegas.

•Shelden Williams, Sacramento Kings (Midwest City): Williams, who is about to begin his first full season with the Kings, fared quite well Saturday against Toronto. He had 16 points and 10 boards in 29 minutes.

•Joey Graham, Toronto Raptors (OSU): A veteran leader for the Raptors summer league team, Graham scored 24 points and grabbed eight rebounds in a loss to Sacramento on Saturday.

•John Lucas, Toronto Raptors (OSU): Teaming with Final Four teammate Joey Graham, Lucas scored 10 points with five rebounds and six assists in 31 minutes against Sacramento.

Boomer.....
7/14/2008, 01:04 PM
What happened with Longar? I thought his NBA stock was going up and he was projected in the 2nd round.

Collier11
7/14/2008, 01:23 PM
He is not that good basically...he could have a great career overseas but not good enough for the NBA IMHO

JLEW1818
7/14/2008, 01:47 PM
He is not that good basically...he could have a great career overseas but not good enough for the NBA IMHO

I agree.

Here's my favorite, Hollis Price. You can read updates about him there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollis_Price

Boomer.....
7/14/2008, 02:30 PM

I never pictured him as an NBA player either. I just heard his name being thrown around.

soonerfan28
7/14/2008, 04:03 PM
Wasn't Longar like 208 lbs.?

Collier11
7/14/2008, 04:18 PM
I never pictured him as an NBA player either. I just heard his name being thrown around.

I love the guy and he honestly made more improvement than almost any cbb player the past 2 yrs but he just isnt strong enough or quick enough for the NBA...the guy cant even make a layup and he is 6'10''

Boomer.....
7/14/2008, 04:24 PM
Wasn't Longar like 208 lbs.?

He was listed at 234.

JLEW1818
7/14/2008, 06:25 PM
Shoulda used him at DE

soonerfan28
7/14/2008, 08:25 PM
Longar showed up at the NBA pre-draft camp at 213 lbs.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/blogs/blogcomment.aspx?column_id=12&entry_id=2436

mzagurski
7/18/2008, 09:20 PM
Former Sooner Aaron McGhee is also in the Summer League, but I did not see him mentioned in the article. He is playing for the Milwaukee Bucks.

the_ouskull
7/21/2008, 11:03 PM
Longar Longar is an NBA lottery pick, and I don't care what you say to the contrary.

Sincerely,
Everybody that's gotten into an argument with me about Longar and his "skills" over the past five-ish years.

I said, from Day One, that he was NOT NBA-caliber, and that he would NOT get drafted, nor would he ever play in the NBA. And no, benchwarming for a Summer League team with a bunch of future grocery sackers does not count as "playing for an NBA team." I've been booted from another OU board for my opinions about Longar. Guess I was right after all, eh? I loved him for what he did as a Sooner, but "improve" and "make it to the next level" were not two of the things that he did; as a Sooner or since...

the_ouskull

Hella Sideburns
7/22/2008, 03:19 PM
Longar Longar is an NBA lottery pick, and I don't care what you say to the contrary.

Sincerely,
Everybody that's gotten into an argument with me about Longar and his "skills" over the past five-ish years.

I said, from Day One, that he was NOT NBA-caliber, and that he would NOT get drafted, nor would he ever play in the NBA. And no, benchwarming for a Summer League team with a bunch of future grocery sackers does not count as "playing for an NBA team." I've been booted from another OU board for my opinions about Longar. Guess I was right after all, eh? I loved him for what he did as a Sooner, but "improve" and "make it to the next level" were not two of the things that he did; as a Sooner or since...

the_ouskull

I can't imagine anyone thought that Longar was a lottery pick, or a first rounder or anything more than a fringe second-rounder. If they did, well, they're an idiot.

I don't mean to trash L2, he did some things and he became much more than I think anyone thought he would. But seriously.

semperfisooner
7/22/2008, 10:16 PM
Former Sooner Aaron McGhee is also in the Summer League, but I did not see him mentioned in the article. He is playing for the Milwaukee Bucks.

ya still ticks me off he didn't get drafted and given a chance in the NBA. he was definitely the best player in the nation his senior year and I know he could play in the NBA. I know if players like luke walton?! could play in the nba mcghee def could have. just something about ou i guess that scouts don't like. and i know hollis price was 10X the player as john lucas i'm sure i could name more. and he didn't get a chance either. nba is so overrated. defense is pathetic. price and mcghee would have no trouble scoring. people make too big a deal out of it.