PDA

View Full Version : A child kidnapping story with a happy ending

Jerk
7/13/2008, 06:54 AM
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700242236,00.html

A jail booking photo of a South Salt Lake man charged this week with child kidnapping shows he has two black eyes and numerous cuts and bruises to his face. Now, investigators have submitted an assault case to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office to determine if any charges against the kidnapped children's father should be filed.
Early on the morning of July 4, David James Bell allegedly grabbed his neighbor's 2-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son while they were sleeping in their home and took them into his house, according to court documents.
The children's mother could hear them screaming and burst into Bell's house to get them.
While in the process of retrieving his children, the father allegedly attacked Bell, delivering a severe beating, according to police. Bell's roommate, who police say had no part in the kidnapping, tried to step between the men. He was also beaten, suffering more injuries than the man accused of taking the siblings, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
"He got the worst of it," Keller said.
Bell was charged in 3rd District Court with two counts of child kidnapping. During his initial appearance in court Thursday, Bell was ordered to have no contact with the family, witnesses and the victims' lawyer.

http://deseretnews.com/photos/midres/5748466.jpg
David Bell

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/13/2008, 10:56 AM
Dude had it coming and more. He's lucky. Stole two babies? He's lucky he doesn't have teh ded.

yermom
7/13/2008, 11:18 AM
Dude had it coming and more. He's lucky. Stole two babies? He's lucky he doesn't have teh ded.

what a moron, and yeah he looks like he's in pretty good shape for being caught by the father of kids he kidnapped

StoopTroup
7/13/2008, 11:24 AM
I'm surprised he's still alive.

yermom
7/13/2008, 11:27 AM
seriously, i'd probably still be picking his teeth out of my knuckles or something

StoopTroup
7/13/2008, 11:47 AM
I would have dropped him and then asked his roommate if he wanted to go with him.

tulsaoilerfan
7/13/2008, 11:52 AM
Guy got exactly what he deserved; the father should get a damn medal

yermom
7/13/2008, 12:04 PM
probably got a little less than he deserved...

tulsaoilerfan
7/13/2008, 02:02 PM
probably got a little less than he deserved...

Yeah, that's true

PhilTLL
7/13/2008, 04:26 PM
Thread title is written as the setup for a very funny, very dark joke.

badger
7/13/2008, 04:42 PM

"He" looks like he doesn't have teh ded, but might have teh boobs and teh ovaries, hmm?

Glad to hear the kids are safe. I'm not sure if they'll say the punching was justified, but if the "He" tried to stop them from reclaiming the kids by force, I'm sure that the daddy will get off because of the kids' ages - they can't defend themselves.

tulsaoilerfan
7/13/2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think there's a jury in the world that would convict this father even if it went to a trial

yermom
7/13/2008, 07:55 PM
I don't think there's a jury in the world that would convict this father even if he killed the guy

fixed ;)