PDA

View Full Version : I have been flying a lot lately and...

Soonerus
7/12/2008, 09:19 PM
..really have not seen much problems from the airlines...I probably experienced more problems in recent years that this year, has anybody had good or bad experiences lately ???

Curly Bill
7/12/2008, 09:22 PM
My last flight was years ago, and it was following my honorable discharge from the good ol' US Navy. It was the greatest flight ever.

olevetonahill
7/12/2008, 09:23 PM
..really have not seen much problems from the airlines...I probably experienced more problems in recent years that this year, has anybody had good or bad experiences lately ???

But are you a "Flying Dickwheel" ? Oh wait yer just a " Flying **** "
:P

SoonerStormchaser
7/12/2008, 09:23 PM
Yah...last Thursday (July 3rd) on United. Myself, the Mrs. and step-daughter were supposed to fly OKC-DEN-ABQ. The plane landed in OKC that was to take us to DEN...then the pilots decided that engine #1 needed a new fuel filter (it had apparently gone past due for replacement enroute from DEN) at OKC. The problem was that there was no replacement part here...sooooo, they had to fly in a replacement part in from DEN on another flight. We got to DEN about 3 hours late and missed our connection to ABQ. Soooo, United had to put us up at the Marriott in Denver for the night and flew us out to Durango the next morning (since we were driving to Moab, Utah anyways).

Other than that, no...not really, just a few delays here and there of 15-30 minutes.

olevetonahill
7/12/2008, 09:24 PM
My last flight was years ago, and it was following my honorable discharge from the good ol' US Navy. It was the greatest flight ever.

My Best Flight ?
That Freedom Bird In March Of 70 :D :cool:

Curly Bill
7/12/2008, 09:25 PM
My Best Flight ?
That Freedom Bird In March Of 70 :D :cool:

The good ol' Freedom Bird. :)

olevetonahill
7/12/2008, 09:32 PM

Bro this No **** !
My last nite there The Airbase got Mortar and Rockets come Flying *** in .
I was suckin air outa concrete I was that low to the ground . every now and then Id Look up to Make sure they hadnt hit My Bird :eek:
Cause see If My bird got hit I was moved to the back of the line and had to wait On a few more to come and go :eek: ****ers :mad:
we Finally take off , I just Know In my head that the Gooks done Hijacked the plain and are taking us to Hanoi :confused:
Dude we landed In Tokeo for fuel , get Off the plane and I see these little gook lookin wimmens will the straw hats and rice broom s and Dude I was about to make a run fer it
No Shat .
Another tru storey from the Archives of the Olevet.

Curly Bill
7/12/2008, 09:34 PM
Bro this No **** !
I was suckin air outa concrete I was that low to the ground . every now and then Id Look up to Make sure they hadnt hit My Bird :eek:
Cause see If My bird got hit I was moved to the back of the line and had to wait On a few more to come and go :eek: ****ers :mad:
we Finally take off , I just Know In my head that the Gooks done Hijacked the plain and are taking us to Hanoi :confused:
Dude we landed In Tokeo for fuel , get Off the plane and I see these little gook lookin wimmens will the straw hats and rice broom s and Dude I was about to make a run fer it
No Shat .
Another tru storey from the Archives of the Olevet.

Wow!

Sooner24
7/12/2008, 09:36 PM

I rode the Peace Train with Cat Stevens once.

Boy it looks like another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody. But I got some money cause I just got paid.

olevetonahill
7/12/2008, 09:36 PM
Wow!

Oh and we had already turned In our weapons , If them little bastages hada come in we woulda been fightin em with Rocks or somepun .:mad:

Sooner24
7/12/2008, 09:37 PM
Bro this No **** !
No Shat .
Another tru storey from the Drunkytown Archives of the Olevet.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Curly Bill
7/12/2008, 09:39 PM
Oh and we had already turned In our weapons , If them little bastages hada come in we woulda been fightin em with Rocks or somepun .:mad:

...which of course would have made you a flying rockwheel. :D

SoonerStormchaser
7/12/2008, 09:40 PM
No no....a flying fragwheel!

olevetonahill
7/12/2008, 09:40 PM
...which of course would have made you a flying rockwheel. :D

Trudat
Oh and 24
when I say True storey I aint making shat up .

Sooner24
7/12/2008, 09:44 PM
Trudat
Oh and 24
when I say True storey I aint making shat up .

I didn't think you were but since you are in Drunkytown I thought it added to the story. :D

olevetonahill
7/12/2008, 09:48 PM
I didn't think you were but since you are in Drunkytown I thought it added to the story. :D

Bro when I came Home I was an angry Young man
Felt like a cat with 9 lives and 8 of em Gone :eek:
spent the next 10 or so years trying to lose that last one ( dont even ask How )
Finally settled down some ( still angry ) Its just been the last 10 years or so that Ive been able to Keep from gettin POed and Snuffin the hell outta some maggot that ****s with me .
just sayin :cool:

SoonerStormchaser
7/12/2008, 09:49 PM
You should be a SERE instructor at the RT lab and work out all the frustration on folks like me!

Sooner24
7/12/2008, 09:58 PM
Bro when I came Home I was an angry Young man
Felt like a cat with 9 lives and 8 of em Gone :eek:
spent the next 10 or so years trying to lose that last one ( dont even ask How )
Finally settled down some ( still angry ) Its just been the last 10 years or so that Ive been able to Keep from gettin POed and Snuffin the hell outta some maggot that ****s with me .
just sayin :cool:

I just missed out on Nam. It was winding down about the time I got out of high school. I still get angry thinking about how you guys weren't treated like heros when you came home. I admire you and everyone that has served or is serving his country.

SoonerStormchaser
7/12/2008, 09:59 PM
yPudiBR15mk

47straight
7/12/2008, 10:41 PM
I've also flown a lot recently with no problems. However, all those flights have been on Southwest and none of those flights have been on the east coast.

olevetonahill
7/12/2008, 10:43 PM
I just missed out on Nam. It was winding down about the time I got out of high school. I still get angry thinking about how you guys weren't treated like heros when you came home. I admire you and everyone that has served or is serving his country.

Thanks Bro Like Ive said It took me about 2 weeks after gettin home to STFU about where I had been , Too Many *******s I couldnt Fight em all :D

en4cer
7/12/2008, 11:01 PM

If you're lookin' for a change of pace, try muttering to yourself while inline and then throwing yourself on the floor when authorities close in. Reach inside your clothing at every opportunity. You may hit the 10,000,000 lotto... lawyer fee's excluded. ;)

Sooner24
7/13/2008, 01:09 AM

I am sorry.

I meant to say everyone that has served or is serving his or HER country.