PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Chocolate Nuts

OULenexaman
7/11/2008, 03:29 PM
A lot of truth to some of this text...;)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1050794,CST-NWS-nuts11.article

Thank you, Jesse
Because of Jackson's crude comment, candy seller's site getting a lot more hits

July 11, 2008

BY ANDREW HERRMANN Staff reporter/[email protected]
The owner of "Obama's Chocolate Nuts" is feeling like "the luckiest person on Earth" in the wake of the Rev. Jesse Jackson's crude remarks about Sen. Barack Obama.

"Who would have thought anybody would use 'Obama' and 'nuts' in an actual news story?'' said David Feingold, a 30-year-old San Diego resident.
His site, Obamaschocolatenuts.com, occupied the top spot on Google Thursday when Web users typed in "Obama" and "nuts." Feingold said traffic on his site more than tripled over the usual count.

Feingold says he started selling packages of nuts, chocolate balls and T-shirts with Obama's name and likeness about a month and a half ago -- an idea sparked by his revulsion over sycophantic supporters of the Illinois senator and presumptive Democratic nominee.

(The nuts connection is related to vulgar slang that Feingold defines as "liking someone too much.")

Nothing against Obama, said Feingold, but "I think anytime somebody follows somebody blindly, it's not a good thing.''

"Nobody knows anything about this guy; everybody claims they do," he said.

Feingold says he's sold 650 bags of nuts and candy so far, led by the three-bag, $8.99 sampler pack. An equal opportunity offender, Feingold was peddling "McCain's dried papaya stick" --advertised on his racy Web site by a hungry girl in a bikini -- until the wholesale price got too high, he said.

Keying on Jackson's threat to castrate Obama for "talking down to black people,'' Feingold is planning his next stunt: "We're going to send Jesse Jackson his 'Obama's Nuts' so he doesn't have to be violent about it."

An Obama spokeswoman declined comment.

Harry Beanbag
7/11/2008, 07:35 PM
I prefer chocolate salty balls myself.

Curly Bill
7/11/2008, 07:43 PM
At least Jesse Jackson is talking about doing something useful for a change. ;)

Sooner_Havok
7/11/2008, 07:51 PM
Just an FYI to you "I hate Obama and the camel he rode in on" types, this Jesse Jackson crap is GREAT for Obama. Folks who were afraid of his ties to that idiot now see that Jackson himself doesn't like Obama. The enemy of my enemy is my friend...or something like that. I need a mother ******* beer!

Curly Bill
7/11/2008, 07:55 PM
Just an FYI to you "I hate Obama and the camel he rode in on" types,

So, you're admitting Obama is Muslim, cause we know they all ride camels...

...well either that or explosive laden cars. :D

Sooner_Havok
7/11/2008, 08:08 PM
So, you're admitting Obama is Muslim, cause we know they all ride camels...

...well either that or explosive laden cars. :D

I said somewhere else that I got the 'E' on my wall already, what other proof do you need? :P

yermom
7/11/2008, 08:22 PM
I prefer chocolate salty balls myself.

you just burned my balls!

OULenexaman
7/11/2008, 09:32 PM
This is the text I was talking about...very true IMO...

(The nuts connection is related to vulgar slang that Feingold defines as "liking someone too much.")

Nothing against Obama, said Feingold, but "I think anytime somebody follows somebody blindly, it's not a good thing.''

and this was funny....:D :D

Feingold was peddling "McCain's dried papaya stick" --advertised on his racy Web site by a hungry girl in a bikini -- until the wholesale price got too high, he said.:D :D :D

we have no choice in this election....but I will take a war veteran and POW who has served his time in this country who is married to a woman with great hooters who owns a beer distribution company over a lawyer who is married to a lawyer who is a bitch and a racist who hates white people...

Curly Bill
7/11/2008, 09:36 PM
I will take a war veteran and POW who has served his time in this country who is married to a woman with great hooters who owns a beer distribution company over a lawyer who is married to a lawyer who is a bitch and a racist who hates white people...

:pop:

...and here come the libs, in 3, 2, 1...

olevetonahill
7/11/2008, 09:38 PM
This is the text I was talking about...very true IMO...

and this was funny....:D :D

Feingold was peddling "McCain's dried papaya stick" --advertised on his racy Web site by a hungry girl in a bikini -- until the wholesale price got too high, he said.:D :D :D

we have no choice in this election....but I will take a war veteran and POW who has served his time in this country who is married to a woman with great hooters who owns a beer distribution company over a lawyer who is married to a lawyer who is a bitch and a racist who hates white people...

Preach On Brother , Preach On .

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2008, 10:05 PM
God forbid someone be nominated for the Presidency that people actually like. ;)

olevetonahill
7/11/2008, 10:16 PM
God forbid someone be nominated for the Presidency that people actually like. ;)

Cant remember the dudes Name
But I read an article today about a dude that spent the years with JM in the Hanoi Hilton. Dude was a MHO winner, Vet Of w2 Korea and Nam.
He said Hes all for JM
Now We all KNOW what JM has done for OUR country right ?
What has BHO done Now ?Besides talk purty and be groomed By that Chi bunch ?

Curly Bill
7/11/2008, 10:20 PM
CHANGE

Obama is gonna give us change, what else matters? :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2008, 10:21 PM
Here you go, Howard:

www.barackobama.com

olevetonahill
7/11/2008, 10:29 PM
Here you go, Howard:

www.barackobama.com

I dont want his web site bro
You tell me . In his 40 something years, What the hell has he done for the Country. when did he sacrifice anything ?
Folks talk about JM getting PO ed allot , Hell I do to and I didn't go thru anything like JM did .
Now Ill give ya one , If Kerry was running Now , I would have a hard time on making My decision .
My biggest thing against Kerry was his Anti war crap , Hanoi jane shat when he came home after 6 Months .

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2008, 10:32 PM
When did he sacrifice anything for the country?

Define sacrifice. I mean, he didn't serve in the military, if that's your definition of service. He did go into community activism and organization after graduating near the top of his Harvard Law class, spurning some pretty lucrative job offers. Obviously that's not the same as sitting in a POW camp, but it does show that he's been willing to eschew personal gain for the common good.

However, the simple fact of the matter is that no matter what John McCain has done for the country-and it's a lot-I don't agree with McCain's vision for how this country should be run. I do agree with Barack Obama's vision-or at least more than I do McCain's. The Presidency is not a sinecure to be handed to someone for long and faithful service, it's a job.

olevetonahill
7/11/2008, 10:35 PM
When did he sacrifice anything for the country?

Define sacrifice. I mean, he didn't serve in the military, if that's your definition of service. He did go into community activism and organization after graduating near the top of his Harvard Law class, spurning some pretty lucrative job offers. Obviously that's not the same as sitting in a POW camp, but it does show that he's been willing to eschew personal gain for the common good.

Thats why hes a Mutimillionare ?:confused:
I see
I think My original ? was what has he done for this Country in his 40 something years ?

Curly Bill
7/11/2008, 10:38 PM
I see
I think My original ? was what has he done for this Country in his 40 something years ?

CHANGE!!!!
CHANGE!!!!
CHANGE!!!!
he's gonna give us this...

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2008, 10:41 PM
I see

He's a multimillionaire because he's written two books that have sold rather well.

Why is John McCain a millionaire?

olevetonahill
7/11/2008, 10:44 PM
He's a multimillionaire because he's written two books that have sold rather well.

Why is John McCain a millionaire?

Cause he married a Hawt bitch that Owns a Beer company :D
Now what has BHO done for this country ?????????
Hes a Product of the Chi Pol Machine and you Know it.

OklaPony
7/11/2008, 11:38 PM
However, the simple fact of the matter is that no matter what John McCain has done for the country-and it's a lot-I don't agree with McCain's vision for how this country should be run. I do agree with Barack Obama's vision-or at least more than I do McCain's...
I guess this is where I'm struggling, on two points really.

1. What exactly is Obama's "vision" for how the country should be run?

2. What has he done in the past to convince me that he's ready for the job?

I realize, of course, that one could question the same points about JM, but he's amassed a long enough track record that I at least think I know what he's gonna be like.

Chuck Bao
7/11/2008, 11:44 PM
I've been listening to the daily debates on CNBC.

Even though the CNBC hosts try to slant it towards the McCain apologists, they fail miserably every time, in my opinion.

We do need change and re-negotiation of free trade agreements, not setting up new agreements with Colombia.

We need a responsible government, not one that spends uncontrollably and then irresponsibly promises to lower taxes.

McCain is a war hero, but he appears to be way in over his head in dealing with the economy. I would hope that the key issue is the economy, as it should be.

I trust Obama to do the right thing more than I would trust McCain. And, that probably has more to do with the legacy of the Bush administration.

If McCain would distance himself more from Bush, I'd feel more easy about him.

As it stands, I will vote for Obama and his chocolate nuts.

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2008, 11:51 PM
I guess this is where I'm struggling, on two points really.

1. What exactly is Obama's "vision" for how the country should be run?

2. What has he done in the past to convince me that he's ready for the job?

I realize, of course, that one could question the same points about JM, but he's amassed a long enough track record that I at least think I know what he's gonna be like.

1. That's a multi-part question, and one that's not going to be answered easily on a message board. I've already linked his web page, where he lays out his policy positions pretty succinctly. There's a bunch more, but it's not something that is going to be easily distillable into a message board post. Here's the big ones for me:

a. Restoration of checks and balances. This garbage with signing statements has got to stop.
b. Stopping the pro-corporation and anti-civil liberties tilting of the Supreme Court and the Federal judiciary as a whole. And yes, I consider the Second Amendment to be a civil liberty just as much as the others.
c. Letting the Bush tax cuts sunset to help pay down the national debt (or at least reduce the deficit.)
d. A commitment to international diplomacy instead of just saber-rattling.

2. That was my major concern as well, and why I was initially a Bill Richardson supporter. However, I'd rather put someone in who's inexperienced but wants to head in the right direction than someone who's experienced but wants to go in the wrong one.

OULenexaman
7/12/2008, 01:48 AM
Vote KTULU 2008! .......just curious...what does that mean??:confused:

and one other?? ..... are you Black/African American...50/50...or White/American Indian....I am the latter...1/4 Osage...3/4 white dude so to speak...not that it makes any difference....one of my best friends of all time who was black and was Joe Carters cousin died in the OKC bombing...and even he would not support Obama....because he always said...never trust a rookie in a big time game...:D

OklaPony
7/12/2008, 07:51 AM
1. That's a multi-part question, and one that's not going to be answered easily on a message board. I've already linked his web page, where he lays out his policy positions pretty succinctly. There's a bunch more, but it's not something that is going to be easily distillable into a message board post. Here's the big ones for me:

a. Restoration of checks and balances. This garbage with signing statements has got to stop.
b. Stopping the pro-corporation and anti-civil liberties tilting of the Supreme Court and the Federal judiciary as a whole. And yes, I consider the Second Amendment to be a civil liberty just as much as the others.
c. Letting the Bush tax cuts sunset to help pay down the national debt (or at least reduce the deficit.)
d. A commitment to international diplomacy instead of just saber-rattling.

2. That was my major concern as well, and why I was initially a Bill Richardson supporter. However, I'd rather put someone in who's inexperienced but wants to head in the right direction than someone who's experienced but wants to go in the wrong one.

A few comments...

1b. - I think the rash of 5-4's is interesting and in some cases disturbing particularly the ruling that overturned the death penalty of a convicted child rapist. I don't think I'm out of line in saying that *most* of us 'Mericans think that vermin such as this should be eligible to pay the ultimate price for their grossly heinous acts.

1c. - Raising the the tax rate isn't going to pay down the debt... never has and never will. It will definitely raise consumer prices and force those that it affects to seek monetary shelter elsewhere. It's worked this way since time immemorial (speaking tax-wise, of course). What will reduce the debt is to stop these bastards from spending everything they can get there hands on plus their kids' money and their kids' money and their kids' money...

1d. - I completely agree with your statement however I also believe that one's best diplomatic position is to negotiate from a position of strength and THAT is where I truly question BHO's ability and credibility.

batonrougesooner
7/12/2008, 08:07 AM
CHANGE

Obama is gonna give us change, what else matters? :rolleyes:

That's all we'll have left after he gets his tax plans passed.

sooner n houston
7/12/2008, 08:23 AM
Totally blows my mind that anyonw wants to pay more taxes!

Harry Beanbag
7/12/2008, 09:42 AM
http://www.notmytribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/obama-kool-aid-packet-koolaid-guyana.jpg

Curly Bill
7/12/2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.notmytribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/obama-kool-aid-packet-koolaid-guyana.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D