PDA

View Full Version : Keystone, Colorado

boomersooner28
7/11/2008, 12:02 AM
I will be there in about 9 hours. Never been before. Any restaurants/watering holes/sites that are a MUST? What would you do in Keystone this time of year? Golf, yes...a must.

olevetonahill
7/11/2008, 01:02 AM
I would Prolly drink some beer, But thats just me.:D

boomersooner28
7/11/2008, 04:05 AM
I would Prolly drink some beer, But thats just me.:D

vet, I will see what I can do bout that! :pop:

goodonya
7/11/2008, 08:55 AM
We have been there many times. It's a great place. If you're staying on or near the Snake River be sure and take some fishing poles. They stock it between hwy 6 and the lift at the end of town. Grab some salmon eggs and hooks and fish the eddy’s behind the rocks as well as the pools under the overhangs and downed trees.

The bike path runs from town along the lake all the way to Keystone. We always rent bikes for the kids. Go to the gondola with a picnic lunch and load the bikes on back. You can ride the cat trails on top and have an excellent lunch with great views.

The golf courses run along the river and some of the houses we stayed in were right on the east course. The kids love to go looking for golf balls along the river and by the greens in the evening. Last time we brought home over 400.

Cruise over to Breckenridge and check out the scooters that run down concrete courses from the top of the first lift. You can go incredibly fast. WARNING - Do not turn them over because even if you don't get rear-ended by the next rider you will leave at least 2-square feet of skin on the track.

There is also a set of giant trampolines that you jump on while tied to bungee cords that are awesome. There is also a very long zip line that is a hoot. Miniature golf too if you're interested.

My favorite is the fishing. The boys and I can catch up to 60-fish per day and the water is very peaceful (you will need to release them). You can also rent horses on the road up to the mountain golf course.

Enjoy.

Partial Qualifier
7/11/2008, 10:39 AM
Plan on eating in Breckenridge...

King Crimson
7/11/2008, 10:49 AM

yup.

as for golf, the old Keystone course blows. Copper Creek and Raven Wood are supposed to be pretty nifty. i'd check those out.

olevetonahill
7/11/2008, 10:52 AM
vet, I will see what I can do bout that! :pop:

I sure would hate for you to Miss the opportunity :D

Boarder
7/11/2008, 01:23 PM
Breckenridge Brewery has one of the best stouts I've had. Delicious. And strangely, they have one of the best salsas, too.

I've never been to Keystone but have been to Breckenridge many times and love it. It's always in the winter, though, so I don't know if I'd like it as much without snowboarding.

soonerbrat
7/11/2008, 02:19 PM
i went skiing in keystone when I was 14...I don't remember much.

Cam
7/11/2008, 02:23 PM

I would agree with that as well.

olevetonahill
7/11/2008, 08:51 PM
i went skiing in keystone when I was 14...I don't remember much.

You Skied in Beer ? whoa you are a party animal .:D