PDA

View Full Version : Former Hog QB arrested for doing the "white lines"

AllAboutThe'O'
7/10/2008, 01:34 PM
If I'm not mistaken, he chose Arkansas over OU.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3481361

rainiersooner
7/10/2008, 01:57 PM
Nice timing on this story...I did make sure to check whether or not there were numbers preceding the URL on the link!

sooner94
7/10/2008, 04:02 PM
What a shame. The guy is a phenomenal physical talent. Just has never seemed to be completely focused on football, either at Arkansas or in the pros.

Hopefully he gets his life back on track.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/10/2008, 04:05 PM
What a shame. The guy is a phenomenal physical talent. Just has never seemed to be completely focused on football, either at Arkansas or in the pros.

Hopefully he gets his life back on track.
He played basketball for a brief time at Arkansas as well. In fact, there are some (when he was in high school) that said he could've been just as good a basketball player in college as he was in football.

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2008, 04:08 PM
So does this give Arkie any Fulmer cup points? :)

Mad Dog Madsen
7/10/2008, 04:35 PM
He played basketball for a brief time at Arkansas as well. In fact, there are some (when he was in high school) that said he could've been just as good a basketball player in college as he was in football.

For some reason that made me laugh.

yermom
7/10/2008, 04:57 PM
his highlight reel from Arkansas was pretty awesome

heh i said "high"

we shut him down like nobody's business though :D

Frozen Sooner
7/10/2008, 05:10 PM
If I'm not mistaken, he chose Arkansas over OU.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3481361

He did, though I believe we did not offer him as a QB.

boomersooner28
7/10/2008, 05:31 PM
Wonder what took him so long to get busted? He was the biggest college football player druggie west of the Mississippi while he was at Arky.

soonersn20xx
7/10/2008, 05:36 PM
Wonder what took him so long to get busted? He was the biggest college football player druggie west of the Mississippi while he was at Arky.

Broyle's covered up for him, while it was known on the grapevine, it was never allowed to get in the media.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/10/2008, 08:20 PM

heh i said "high"

Arkansas could've had a combination of Brett Favre, Dan Marino and Joe Montana against the Sooners in that frigid Cotton Bowl, and it still wouldn't have made much of a difference against the Sooner defense.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/10/2008, 08:22 PM
Broyle's covered up for him, while it was known on the grapevine, it was never allowed to get in the media.

He was also Nutt's meal ticket, too; as long as he pulled a few games out (like the "Miracle on Markham" against LSU that sent the Hogs to the '02 SEC title game), that allowed Nutt to keep his job a little longer. Too long, as it turned out.

sooneron
7/10/2008, 08:23 PM
Pupils

Dilated

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0710/nfl_a_jones2_300.jpg

olevetonahill
7/10/2008, 08:25 PM
I bet he Bot that stuff from that Gooner QB .

bluedogok
7/10/2008, 09:35 PM

heh i said "high"

He had a great game against the Whorns here in Austin...pretty much trying to beat them by himself :D

It's amazing how people so gifted physically can have a bag of marbles for brains.

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2008, 09:42 PM

heh i said "high"

Best defense Stoops has ever put on the field IMO

OU-HSV
7/10/2008, 09:48 PM
He had a great game against the Whorns here in Austin...pretty much trying to beat them by himself :D

It's amazing how people so gifted physically can have a bag of marbles for brains.

He pretty much did beat them by himself.
I remember he had a huge run against them for I think a td. That one where he looked like a large cheetah-giraffe hybrid sprinting all the damn way down field.

Anyways, I'm actually surprised this happened. I never heard his name mixed up in anything bad or drug related...even when I (unfortunately) lived in Arkiesaw for a couple of years. Of course, they thought he was a football god, so maybe there was a lot of cover up while he was in college.

And not that it means anything, but I thought he was known as pretty religious when he was in college as well. But there's plenty of "religious" people who get mixed up in the wrong stuff as well.

soonerfan28
7/10/2008, 10:26 PM
This dude is as dumb as they come. You have all the talent in the world and you throw it all away, but I guess this isn't the first time and it sure won't be the last we hear that.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/10/2008, 11:52 PM
He pretty much did beat them by himself.
I remember he had a huge run against them for I think a td. That one where he looked like a large cheetah-giraffe hybrid sprinting all the damn way down field.

Anyways, I'm actually surprised this happened. I never heard his name mixed up in anything bad or drug related...even when I (unfortunately) lived in Arkiesaw for a couple of years. Of course, they thought he was a football god, so maybe there was a lot of cover up while he was in college.

And not that it means anything, but I thought he was known as pretty religious when he was in college as well. But there's plenty of "religious" people who get mixed up in the wrong stuff as well.
The play you were talking about vs. Texas; actually, he went out of bounds just a half-yard short of the goal line and the Hogs scored soon thereafter. But that was definitely the defining moment of that game.
I'm also very surprised about his arrest, too. I've met his family - nice folks, and his twin sisters were also good athletes (they went on to play basketball at Southwestern Oklahoma State in Weatherford). This eerily reminds me of Josh Hamilton; hopefully, Matt can have the kind of comeback that Josh is having now. It's also scary that Matt Jones and Josh Hamilton look like they were separated at birth.

Big Red Ron
7/11/2008, 12:15 AM
:rolleyes:
Police said 6 grams of cocaine was found. The threshold for potential charges of possession with intent to deliver is 1 gram. However, prosecutor John Threet said there is no evidence that Jones intended to deal the drug.

Anyone think you'd get this kind of leniency for that much coke, you're kidding yourself.

OU-HSV
7/11/2008, 02:55 AM
The play you were talking about vs. Texas; actually, he went out of bounds just a half-yard short of the goal line and the Hogs scored soon thereafter. But that was definitely the defining moment of that game....
That's right

soonerfan28
7/12/2008, 07:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken he wasn't the only guy in the SUV and yes I know he was cutting it, but if one of the other guys take the fall then he's good to go which is ****ed up.