PDA

View Full Version : Just Had Knee Surgery Yesterday....

r5TPsooner
7/10/2008, 06:13 AM
and my surgeon is a freakin liar! There is nothing simple or minor about it and contrary to what he told me, I would not be up and walking the day of the surgery. I just had a major back surgery in February and the surgery I had on my knee is 10x more painful than that one. I have not slept all evening and not even taking eight Percocet since 5pm last night has even gotten me close to the sandman. I can't sleep on my stomach or anywhere for that matter and my restlessness in about an 11 on a 10 scale

I purchased one of those cryotherapy ice machines and it has been a savior. I don't know how much of my medial meniscus he cut out, but it feels like there's nothing left. This is by far one of the most painful surgeries that I've ever had and I was nowhere near prepared for the pain involved.

Also, using crutches is teh succ.

Thanks for letting me rant, have a great day everyone.

AlbqSooner
7/10/2008, 06:51 AM
Surgery is only "minor" when someone else has it.

tulsaoilerfan
7/10/2008, 06:53 AM
So you're Tiger Woods i take it? :)

OU4LIFE
7/10/2008, 07:06 AM
been there, done that, cost me my scholly.

rinse, repeat.

OUDoc
7/10/2008, 07:43 AM
Hope it gets better soon, r5.

Howzit
7/10/2008, 07:53 AM
Minor = relative to what it used to be. In the Chuck Fairbanks era. When OU4Life lost his scholly.

And it is, used tob e you would be on your back for 6 to 8 weeks.

Rub some dirt on it.

Taxman71
7/10/2008, 09:03 AM
Blake Griffin and Jason White are laughing right now...........

frankensooner
7/10/2008, 09:26 AM
You should've asked for Demerol and Phenergan like they gave me when I turned my foot around backwards, as long as I took my meds, I was in a coma. I just woke up every 6 hours to take two more pills. ;)

Oh, and get well soon.

r5TPsooner
7/10/2008, 11:20 AM
Blake Griffin and Jason White are laughing right now...........

Jason White really has my respect now.

Regarding pain pills. I absolutely despise doctors who under prescribe! Norco 5mg? Norco 5mg? For post surgery? You've gotta be kidding me! **** that! I went right to the r5 medicine cabinet and picked me out some Percocet.

Norco 5mg? Geez Doc, just send me home with some Tylenol ES or Darvocet N-100 next time.

Animal Mother
7/10/2008, 05:16 PM
They gave me that weak sauce Norco for both scope jobs I went through. Augment with my old buddy Al Key Haul.Only problem is you have to stand up to wizz it out or get a pony express bottle. Funny things is the first scoping hurt more the day of surgery. The 2nd I was walking on it in the recovery room. That's most likely the reason scope #2 has given me more long term grief. Duh!

StoopTroup
7/10/2008, 05:21 PM
TYLOX

Oxycodone

If your having that much pain...call him.

I also agree that they can give you demerol but I didn't think they worked as well as Tylox.

Rogue
7/10/2008, 06:30 PM
When I had foot surgery a couple years ago, Percocet was OK, but honestly I took the **** out of some Ibuprofen. Best for the bone pain after day 2.

Tip of the day: make yer crutches short so you aren't resting your armpits on 'em, but putting your weight on your hands. You'll thank me for this.

StoopTroup
7/10/2008, 08:45 PM
Rogues right about the crutches thing...having them to high might seem like the right thing to do....it's not.

r5TPsooner
7/11/2008, 09:56 AM
When I had foot surgery a couple years ago, Percocet was OK, but honestly I took the **** out of some Ibuprofen. Best for the bone pain after day 2.

Tip of the day: make yer crutches short so you aren't resting your armpits on 'em, but putting your weight on your hands. You'll thank me for this.

Thanks for the heads up on the crutches. Today all of the gauze comes off the incision and I finally get to take a shower.

Getting used to two Vicoprofin with my morning coffee will take some getting used to.

Still, this is a painful azz surgery and I was not prepared for the pain from the BS that I was fed by the surgeon.