PDA

View Full Version : Our A/C just went out....

StoopTroup
7/9/2008, 10:10 PM
Rain babay rain! :D

:gary:

Hopefully our HACV guy will have us back online by tomorrow evening. :O

Curly Bill
7/9/2008, 10:11 PM
Losing the AC this time of year is the definite suc...

...well wishes sent your way. :D

StoopTroup
7/9/2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks Curly!

We have an attic fan in this house and ceiling fans and osillating fans and I work outside in this...so I think I can weather the storm tonight...

Once this cool weather is gone though...is would really be teh suckage...

BudSooner
7/10/2008, 09:59 AM
Who is your HVAC guy?
My uncle had to replace his AC unit last year, they had to upgrade from a 10 seer to a 13 and other than installing the new evap unit outside..the d00d came in, made a small change on the coil in the closet, 3hrs later ice cold ac.
It's a Trane unit, doesn't use the traditional piston compressor, it's similar to a supercharger in that it's a worm drive...very very very very quiet, you can stand next to it and barely notice it running other than noticing the air movement from the top of it.

Very nice.

stoopified
7/10/2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks Curly!

We have an attic fan in this house and ceiling fans and osillating fans and I work outside in this...so I think I can weather the storm tonight...

Once this cool weather is gone though...is would really be teh suckage...I feel ya brother.It happened to us last summer,we bounght a chaeap window unit to help us create a cool zone.According to the thermostat it got up to 97 degrees in the uncooled part of the house.

StoopTroup
7/10/2008, 02:14 PM
Well...the house is cooling off awaiting the return of it's King. :D

Roland Joe Smith is my HVAC guy and he found that there was a relay in the evaporator that was heating up and causing another in the upstairs unit to shut everything down. At least that's how the Wife relayed it to me.

She says it's gonna be very comfy when I get Home.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... :D

dolemitesooner
7/10/2008, 03:14 PM
I was without ac july 4th weekend it BLEW

BillyBall
7/10/2008, 03:24 PM
My car A/C went out 2 days ago. It's great to constantly have your sack stuck to your legs, really great.

StoopTroup
7/10/2008, 03:33 PM
My car A/C went out 2 days ago. It's great to constantly have your sack stuck to your legs, really great.

Thanks for that visual...:eek:

dolemitesooner
7/10/2008, 03:44 PM
I love when my sack is stuck to my legs.

That means I got a quicky:?

BudSooner
7/10/2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for that visual...:eek:

New keyboard installed....CHECK!

StoopTroup
7/10/2008, 08:35 PM
I am very comfortable now.

http://www.freshtrend.com/uploaded_images/110-716388.JPG