PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Sooners Day Fan Guide

Jay C. Upchurch
7/9/2008, 06:40 PM
NORMAN -- The annual Meet the Sooners Day presented by Alltel has been set for Aug. 6 at the rugby fields west of the Lloyd Noble Center.

The event, which is highlighted by Oklahoma football coaches and players signing autographs, draws thousands of fans to Norman each year.

More details pertaining to this year's event will be made available at a later date.

Members of the OG&E Sooner Kids Club are admitted to Meet the Sooners Day 30 minutes before the general public. Sooner Kids Club members will have exclusive access to autographs from 10:30-11 a.m., at which time the lines will open to all fans. One parent per Sooner Kids Club member is allowed in the early line and fans are allowed one item per person to be autographed.

Information on the OG&E Sooner Kids Club is available SoonerSports.com/kids.html. Members may register online or print an application to submit by fax or mail.

Sooner Kids Club applications must be received by Monday, August 4 at 5 p.m., for processing prior to Meet the Sooners Day. Members may also register on-site at Meet the Sooners Day. members may pick up their membership cards at this time.

OU Sports Info Report

goingoneight
7/9/2008, 10:07 PM
I hope Sam and Landry will be out of jail by then. ;)

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 04:32 PM
NORMAN -- The annual Meet the Sooners Day presented by Alltel has been set for Aug. 6 at the rugby fields west of the Lloyd Noble Center.

The event, which is highlighted by Oklahoma football coaches and players signing autographs, draws thousands of fans to Norman each year.

More details pertaining to this year's event will be made available at a later date.

Members of the OG&E Sooner Kids Club are admitted to Meet the Sooners Day 30 minutes before the general public. Sooner Kids Club members will have exclusive access to autographs from 10:30-11 a.m., at which time the lines will open to all fans. One parent per Sooner Kids Club member is allowed in the early line and fans are allowed one item per person to be autographed.

Information on the OG&E Sooner Kids Club is available SoonerSports.com/kids.html. Members may register online or print an application to submit by fax or mail.

Sooner Kids Club applications must be received by Monday, August 4 at 5 p.m., for processing prior to Meet the Sooners Day. Members may also register on-site at Meet the Sooners Day. members may pick up their membership cards at this time.

OU Sports Info Report

Thanks for the heads up. I just enrolled my two children in the OG&E Kids Club a few days ago and the T-shirts and football are really nice along with the little kiddie bag. The football is great for getting autographs and I hope that they enjoy there 1st "Meet The Sooners Day" as much as I will. Come to think of it, it will be my 1st one too.

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:38 PM
EXCELLENT!

StoopTroup
7/29/2008, 01:17 AM
I think I need a vacation day Aug 6th. :D

Also...

I wonder if the Switzer Center is open that day?

Hot Rod
7/30/2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I just enrolled my two children in the OG&E Kids Club a few days ago and the T-shirts and football are really nice along with the little kiddie bag. The football is great for getting autographs and I hope that they enjoy there 1st "Meet The Sooners Day" as much as I will. Come to think of it, it will be my 1st one too.

Dude, this is our first year as well! Yeah, I'm bringing my boys too. I was wondering if that football was adequate enough for autographs, or if I should look at maybe getting something else. Anyway, hope to see you out there!

r5TPsooner
8/1/2008, 07:41 PM
For those of you on the fence about registering your child for the OG&E Kids Club, here are a few of this years goodies.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/mizunogolfer44/2008-2009KidsClubItems.jpg

Jay C. Upchurch
8/4/2008, 10:40 AM
Meet the Sooners

Date: August 6, 2008 | Location: OU Rugby Fields

The annual Meet the Sooners Day presented by Alltel has been set for Aug. 6, 2008, at the rugby fields west of the Lloyd Noble Center. The event, which is highlighted by Oklahoma football coaches and players signing autographs, draws thousands of fans to Norman each year.

Members of the OG&E Sooner Kids Club are admitted to Meet the Sooners Day 30 minutes before the general public. Sooner Kids Club members will have exclusive access to autographs from 10:30-11 a.m., at which time the lines will open to all fans. One parent per Sooner Kids Club member is allowed in the early line and fans are allowed one item per person to be autographed. The autograph session will end at 12:30, no exceptions.

Members may register online at SoonerSports.com or print an application to submit by fax or mail.

Sooner Kids Club applications must be received by Monday, August 4 at 5 p.m., for processing prior to Meet the Sooners Day. Members may also register on-site at Meet the Sooners Day and pick up their membership cards at that time.

Due to the temporary entrance caused by construction in an adjacent area, the recommended ADA drop off point for this event will be the Chautauqua Ave., parking lot, although that lot is not available for parking.

2008 Meet the Sooners Day
• Wednesday, Aug. 6, at 11 a.m. (OG&E Kids Club only at 10:30 a.m.)
• OU Rugby Fields (west of Lloyd Noble Center)
• One item to be autographed per person
• Sooner Kids Club members enter 30 minutes early
• Autograph session ends promptly at 12:30 p.m.

r5TPsooner
8/5/2008, 12:24 PM
So, should parents park at the Lloyd Noble Center?

Hot Rod
8/6/2008, 07:18 AM
So, should parents park at the Lloyd Noble Center?

I think. We planned on parking on that west side of their parking lot.