PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Questions

crimson monkey
7/9/2008, 11:02 AM
Hopefully this is the correct forum. If not, feel free to move this post.

My dad, father-in-law and I have made it to several Big XII championship games, but I have not been to a game in Norman since the Blake years. I used to get in for $5 before the game started.

We are interested in meeting up in Norman for the Kansas game this year. I have been looking online for tickets. They are priced anywhere from $100 - $500 a piece.

A few questions - what is the face value of a regular season ticket these days? Also, would it be smart to buy now online or wait and buy at the game? We will all be traveling (me from Omaha and the others from Dallas). I would hate to get there and not be able to get 3 tickets or have to pay a huge amount of money for them.

It looks like the ticket office will be selling single game tickets. However, they won't reveal the cost, seat locations or how many will be available.

What are everyone's suggestions?

Boomer Sooner.

cvsooner
7/9/2008, 11:34 AM
I went to the Missouri game last year thanks to a loyal soonerfans.com contributor, and paid face value (I think tickets were $67). I was glad to have the tickets in advance and knew I hadn't paid more than face. And the seat locations were not bad (about the three yard line, 50 rows up).

That said, there were a lot of folks with tickets for sale outside the stadium before the game and I could have paid less. What you give up is the certainty of a., having a ticket, b. knowing exactly where it is before you do it, and c., knowing the price.

If you decide to show up without tickets, you'll be able to get them. Only drawback I can see in your case is three tickets together is an odd number.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Sooner_Havok
7/9/2008, 11:40 AM
I went to the Missouri game last year thanks to a loyal soonerfans.com contributor, and paid face value (I think tickets were $67). I was glad to have the tickets in advance and knew I hadn't paid more than face. And the seat locations were not bad (about the three yard line, 50 rows up).

That said, there were a lot of folks with tickets for sale outside the stadium before the game and I could have paid less. What you give up is the certainty of a., having a ticket, b. knowing exactly where it is before you do it, and c., knowing the price.

If you decide to show up without tickets, you'll be able to get them. Only drawback I can see in your case is three tickets together is an odd number.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Unclaimed Student tickets go on sale the Thursday before the game. Gen. Adm. so you can usually get 3 seats together

trey
7/9/2008, 11:46 AM
buy them the day of the game. my dad and i bought 2 tix an hour before the a&m game last year. the seats were on the west side, about 20 rows up on the 40 yard line. we paid $60 each. cheap tix (good ones) are never a problem in norman.

nativesooner
7/9/2008, 12:53 PM
Face value for KU will be $72 each. You can buy them when they go on sale online but you'll more than likely be in the south endzone. You can wait until you show up but getting 3 together won't be as easy as getting two and two or two and one.

OUDoc
7/9/2008, 12:55 PM
If you are an alumni, I think Alumni Affairs will sell you tickets at face value. I believe they sell donor's tickets for the games when the donors can't make that particular game. They've hooked me up before. Can't remember who I talked with....Rich maybe?

crimson monkey
7/9/2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone. This has been helpful. I am still not certain the route we will take, but this gives me a few options to think about. I appreciate the feedback. I knew this place was good for something. ;)

Any other feedback is still welcome.

nativesooner
7/9/2008, 06:07 PM
Bring another person and do two and two and I guarantee you'll find some seats. Also if you wait until about 30 minutes before the game the prices will go down. See ya there!

47straight
7/9/2008, 06:20 PM
Craigslist during the week or two before the game is also a good option if you decide to wait to get tickets. Similar to just buying them outside the stadium but from regular joe people instead of scalpers.

sooner518
7/9/2008, 06:43 PM
waiting until gameday requires that you deal with some of the scummiest people you will ever run into- scalpers. I'd rather pay $20 more a ticket than waste my time hassling with those trailer-trash wastes of life.

yermom
7/9/2008, 07:01 PM
Bring another person and do two and two and I guarantee you'll find some seats. Also if you wait until about 30 minutes before the game the prices will go down. See ya there!

yeah, three is tough. 4 is easier, but two pairs is generally cake, if you aren't too picky on where you sit

yermom
7/9/2008, 07:09 PM
waiting until gameday requires that you deal with some of the scummiest people you will ever run into- scalpers. I'd rather pay $20 more a ticket than waste my time hassling with those trailer-trash wastes of life.

hold 2 fingers up and stay away from the people fanning out a handful of tickets, you can usually run into regular people with extra tickets.

if you are brave you can also camp out by the scalpers and pay better than they do :D

sooner518
7/9/2008, 08:09 PM
if you are brave you can also camp out by the scalpers and pay better than they do :D
LOL thats a fantastic idea. I might try that if I ever am in need of a ticket.

Funny story - Last year, my friend (huge KU bball fan) was in Denver visiting and wanted to go to the CU-KU game in Boulder. The scalpers were asking for $60 for a single ticket (Its CU basketball brother!). I laughed in a couple of their faces and got the obligatory "good luck finding cheaper tickets". Walked up to arena where some lady was apparently selling a surplus of KU tickets for $20 apiece. We bought one for each of us. Then wanting to kill some time before the doors opened, I walked back down by the scalpers and informed a few people not to mess with these low-lifes and get $20 tix like I did.

They didn't yell at me, just kind of walked quickly away. I went inside and watched a pretty good game too.

bakerjrb
7/10/2008, 07:57 AM
OU Doc mentions purchasing tickets at face value through Alumni Affairs.

The OU Athletics website also has a link to the "OU Ticket Marketplace"
http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/evenue/ev69/core/tmp.d2w/report?linkID=ou
It costs $25 to sign up each year (waived if you are a season ticket holder). Here you can buy tickets being offered by season ticket holders not going to a particular game - they are sold at face value.

I've bought tickets for conference games that ended up being great seats through this site in the past two years.

Boomer.

jrb

crimson monkey
7/10/2008, 08:54 AM
Good info guys (and gals?). Thank you very much. JRB - thanks for posting the link. I was not aware of that option. I will look into that. I did browse out there but nothing is available yet. Do you have any idea when people will start posting tickets for sale through that site?

Again - thanks.

arlington
7/11/2008, 03:43 AM
OU Ticket Marketplace is the way to go. The 25$ is a donation to the Athletic department i believe and they guarantee that you get the tix you purchase. They should be up and running in Mid August, this way you will get face value tix without having to deal with scalpers.

MichiganSooner
7/11/2008, 08:47 AM
You mentioned that single game tickets will soon be available. True, on August 1, but they may not be available. These tickets are visitor tickets with the seats at south end of the east lower side and in the south endzone. They are available Aug 1 if the visitor's ticket office has returned them to OU as unsold. KU may keep their tickets for this game to try to sell them to their fans.

The week of the game, usually Monday, tickets are sometimes returned to OU from the visitors. I have got them online at that time.

I usually go to 4 games per year and get the tickets from Ticket Marketplace. I have had 50 yardline seats on 2 occassions. Twice I have walked around the stadium and got tickets from sellers who are all over the place. Kind of scary going around doing that though; don't know if I will get one and at what price. I never paid more than face though.