PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever bought ESPN Gameplan??

OU-HSV
7/8/2008, 09:46 PM
Just curious...I got an email from ESPN talking about the ESPN Game Plan.
Have any of you ever bought it...and if so is it worth the $109??

My thought is games like Tenn Chat. may not be on regular cable...so I'd either be looking at spending at least $40 just to get that one game on PPV...but what if it's available through ESPN Game Plan.

Anyways, please let me know if yall have heard anything about the Game Plan or if you've bought it before.
TIA

olevetonahill
7/8/2008, 09:56 PM
We had a thread about this a Month or so ago .
The Game plan AINT worth it In MHO,
You can Buy single Game days for 20 bucks or so.
I think last year I had to But 1 .
That Plus the Fox sports Net thingy had me covered.

r5TPsooner
7/8/2008, 10:34 PM
If you love college football and really like to watch the games... then yes. If you're only real desire is OU and the BIG XII then I say no. Personally, I love college football and like getting games out of the area like USC, Ohio State, LSU just to name a few.

I didn't get it last year and I kinda missed it. BTW, it used to be $99 so I guess its gone up in price.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/8/2008, 11:21 PM
If you love college football and really like to watch the games... then yes. If you're only real desire is OU and the BIG XII then I say no. Personally, I love college football and like getting games out of the area like USC, Ohio State, LSU just to name a few.

I didn't get it last year and I kinda missed it. BTW, it used to be $99 so I guess its gone up in price.

I totally agree, HSV. Though I note you are in Broken Arrow, so in your case everything r5TP says is right on.

For me, here in the frozen tundra of MN, I don't know if I could do without it.

I do not have access to most of the OU games (even outside of your OU-UT Chat matchups) otherwise. And... I HATE Big 10/ND football. I do love college football across the board (as r5TP notes as being a condition). But my order of preference is OU first and always, Big XII, SEC, Pac-10, ACC...and then *maybe* Big 10.

So, again... ESPN Gameplan (in combo with the FoxSports pack)???... Hell yeah!

OU-HSV
7/8/2008, 11:57 PM
We had a thread about this a Month or so ago .
The Game plan AINT worth it In MHO,
You can Buy single Game days for 20 bucks or so.
I think last year I had to But 1 .
That Plus the Fox sports Net thingy had me covered.

Yeah, I thought I remembered a thread about it, but I tried a search and it wouldn't work for me.
Thanks for your help though

OU-HSV
7/8/2008, 11:59 PM
Interesting, thanks guys

soonerloyal
7/9/2008, 06:43 PM
Not that I'm in your situation, but down here in America's Johnson aka 'Gator-'Nole'-'Cane-Knight-Bull Country - without Gameplan, I'd be damn-near on suicide watch during football season.

OU Football. Necessary as oxygen. So my needy little diehard Sooner self shells out the $120. Every. Damn. August. I'd pay more, if they demanded it.

May ESPN and Brighthouse burn in hell for their greed.

Gawd, I miss Norman. *sob*

OULenexaman
7/10/2008, 10:16 AM
Living in Chicago it is a must have....without it you will only see BIG 10 crap up here....and Big East and ACC and some SEC occasionally....