PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Brown...soft verbal

BASSooner
7/8/2008, 09:45 PM
According to rivals.com, he is considered a soft verbal to miami at this time.

Obviously this means that he is keeping his options open, however, do we still have a chance if any at all?

birddog
7/8/2008, 10:32 PM
not at all. we are a racist university according to his "people".

Groovie_Mann
7/9/2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah I hope this young man doesn't go and do anything stupid like think for himself...nah...let your "handler" do all of that for you Bryce.

Doesn't matter anyway. Randy Shannon and Thug U will continue to suck. Bring on '09...I'm ready for us to head down there and hang another 50 or so on those pu$$ies.

BOOMER...............

soonerfan28
7/9/2008, 10:28 AM
He's a Hurricane no doubt. Maybe he's a new Burton Scott in the way you go to other universities to make sure that Miami recruits don't sign elsewhere.

starrca23
7/9/2008, 10:04 PM
He would have a rough time seeing the field here anyway.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/10/2008, 09:00 AM
He would have a rough time seeing the field here anyway.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure we still want him anywayz. But on the other hand, we could always use more d-backs. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
7/10/2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, he's only the #9 rated recruit in the nation. I can't imagine why we'd want him. :rolleyes:

Mad Dog Madsen
7/10/2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah, he's only the #9 rated recruit in the nation. I can't imagine why we'd want him. :rolleyes:

Thats not exactly what I meant but ok. We only have like 12 rb's. I guess its cuz I forgot this smilie tho. :rolleyes:

Cam
7/10/2008, 04:37 PM
My guess is that it all depends on how much playing time his brother gets this year. If he gets a ton of minutes, he'll be a solid Miami commit. If not, all bets are off.

Having said that, if he's using the same handler that his brother did, I say let him go somewhere else. That type of stuff only brings trouble and we don't need it.

Curly Bill
7/10/2008, 05:16 PM
Thats not exactly what I meant but ok. We only have like 12 rb's. I guess its cuz I forgot this smilie tho. :rolleyes:

My post was mainly directed at the one above yours. To say the #9 recruit in the nation would have a rough time seeing the field for us is an extreme case of homerism. Of course that's not to say he wouldn't be a bum as any recruit can turn out to be, but trust me OU would like very much to give him a shot.

Having said that I'm with Cam, that with the peeps the Browns associate with and look to for advice I'm not sure him not coming here is a bad thing.

starrca23
7/10/2008, 05:49 PM
Homerism or we are returing three running back that all saw major minutes and were major contributors....hmmmmmmm.

Curly Bill
7/10/2008, 05:53 PM
Homerism or we are returing three running back that all saw major minutes and were major contributors....hmmmmmmm.

Are we planning on keeping all three here forever, or will we not have to replace them at some point?

starrca23
7/10/2008, 06:00 PM
Just sayin' he could go other places and play right away or sit for two or three years at OU. See: T. Choice and C. Tenniel...

Curly Bill
7/10/2008, 06:03 PM
Just sayin' he could go other places and play right away or sit for two or three years at OU. See: T. Choice and C. Tenniel...

No doubt kids that come to OU have to work harder to see the field then they do at some places, and if that's why a kid chooses not to come here then we don't want them in the first place. That being said if Brown came here and lived up to his potential, and that's a big "if," he could play for us, maybe next year, maybe the year after that, but he's got the ability.

Rhino
7/10/2008, 10:28 PM
We've long moved past Bryce and vice versa.

And before you say things negative about the Browns' "handler", please know that one of our current commits is under his wing as well.

Salt City Sooner
7/10/2008, 10:36 PM
He was interviewed by the local ABC affiliate up here tonight. Sounds pretty solid to me:

http://www.kake.com/sports/headlines/24403469.html

Cam
7/11/2008, 02:14 PM
We've long moved past Bryce and vice versa.

And before you say things negative about the Browns' "handler", please know that one of our current commits is under his wing as well.

Then time will tell then. The whole handler business is out of control and causing issues at other places. Don't really want to see it happen here.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/14/2008, 08:21 PM
My guess is that it all depends on how much playing time his brother gets this year. If he gets a ton of minutes, he'll be a solid Miami commit. If not, all bets are off.

Having said that, if he's using the same handler that his brother did, I say let him go somewhere else. That type of stuff only brings trouble and we don't need it.I really can't blame a player for wanting to play at Thug-U. Miami is a super fun place to be, and they do have a few wimmens down there on the beach. The previous statements don't stop me from hoping we beat the holy snot outa those bastages in '09, though.