PDA

View Full Version : SEC Stealing the Fulmer Cup from the Big XII

Flagstaffsooner
7/8/2008, 02:33 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/07/08/fulmer-cupdate-arkansas-scoots-closer/

Come on Missou , CU and NU..... f-up and put us back in there,

JLEW1818
7/8/2008, 02:43 PM
hahaha

badger
7/8/2008, 05:12 PM
You know, based on Fulmer's record, the "Fulmer Cup" could refer to many things, not just the obvious jail head count.

1- The obvious "Fat coach" award. Mangino wins! Fulmer loses, which according to Tennessee fans, is nothing new (despite the fact that they usually go bowling) :D:D:D

2- Steal-your-state's-recruit award. Bob Stoops wins for taking all of Texas' top prospects as always... ok, not all of them, but enough to make ut'ers squirm.

3- Turn-in-to-NCAA-for-stealing-my-state's-recruit award. Um... who's responsible for turning in USC? Well, Mayo's from West Virginia, so let's give that award to them, but I'm sure everyone in the Big 12 would want to take credit for USC's downfall :D

4- Ugliest-coach-in-university-gear award. If he wasn't fired, Fran would win! Unfortunately, Fran is out, so Big 12 cannot claim this Fulmer Cup, either, as hated Notre Dame's Charlie Weis wins.

5- You're-getting-fired-unless-you-win-this-year award. Fulmer hears this every year from irate Rocky Toppers, but then he just got a raise?!?! Mack Brown could be in line for this, seeing how he's bound to another Holiday Bowl trip this year, but I think the clock is finally going to run out on quite a few other coaches not in the Big 12. Call it a push between Warshington's Tyrone Willingham, Auburn's Tommy Tuberville, and Clemson's Tommy Bowden... wait, scratch that. TOMMY BOWDEN it is. Win with your talent for once, junior, or you're so incredibly OUT.

6- Most-hated-coach-by-opponents-fanbases award. Drat, no more Billy Cally in Nebbish. Who are we supposed to hate now? Argh... Big 12 defers to UCLA's newly hired Rick Neuheisel.

The "Fulmer Cup" has so many more possibilities... why not re-name it the "Mack Brown Cup" for the player off-field problems and give the 'Fulmer Cup' a new meaning?

goingoneight
7/9/2008, 10:13 PM
You'd think with all that SEC speed they'd have one or two get away every now and then...
... maybe the SEC cops are super fast, too.

tulsaoilerfan
7/11/2008, 09:11 AM
I still think Arkie should get points for the Matt Jones incident. :)