PDA

View Full Version : OCFD...

r5TPsooner
7/8/2008, 01:03 PM
Are a class act and a bunch of great guys. Just took my youngest son in for his two year MRI and decided to treat him and his siblings to some McDonalds. I saw this big fire truck next door, so I rolled the window down so the little ones could yell "Hello."

Not only did the group of firemen wave back and yell at the kids, the honked there horn for them twice and one of the firemen even came over to the truck to say hello and give the kiddos a roll of stickers.

They didn't have to do that and was a very classy gesture in my books.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/8/2008, 01:04 PM
Tulsa > OKC

:)

r5TPsooner
7/8/2008, 01:06 PM
Both are under appreciated and under paid in my books. You have to have testicles the size of melons to be a professional firefighter, unless you're a woman of course.:D

sooner_born_1960
7/8/2008, 01:07 PM
Tulsa > OKC

:)
Do you have a roll of stickers for the kid?

OUDoc
7/8/2008, 01:08 PM
The rookies used to come through Baptist's Burn Center when I was a tech there. Good guys every time. I felt bad for them having to do a turn in the burn center, kinda the last place a firefighter would ever want to see.

Okla-homey
7/8/2008, 01:17 PM
Fireman. Every man alive has at some point in his life wanted to be one.

I can't think of any other vocation about which that can be said. Except maybe SI swimsuit model photographer.;)

SoonerInKCMO
7/8/2008, 01:19 PM
Somehow, when all the other kids were wanting to be a fireman, I wanted to be a garbageman. :confused:

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/8/2008, 01:20 PM
One of my very good friends is a Lawton firefighter.

The stories...deer lord.

r5TPsooner
7/8/2008, 01:22 PM
I always wanted to be either a policeman or fireman when I was a kid. Then I grew up and found out how much $$$ they made while having to risk there butts on a daily basis.

I said no thanks after that.

yermom
7/8/2008, 01:24 PM
i'm kinda partial to the BA fire department now

mdklatt
7/8/2008, 01:25 PM
Question answered. NM

Flagstaffsooner
7/8/2008, 01:30 PM
Somehow, when all the other kids were wanting to be a fireman, I wanted to be a garbageman. :confused:You wanted to coach at oSu?:D

SoonerInKCMO
7/8/2008, 01:51 PM
:confused:

What, are they recommending preventive MRIs for toddlers now? Does insurance cover that? If so, I think I know why health costs are spiraling out of control....

Looks like it. (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/08/health/08well.html)

In addition, the academy recommended that children with a family history of heart disease be screened as early as the age of 2 and no later than the age of 10. And by the age of 12 months, if a doctor is concerned about future weight problems, low-fat milk may be recommended.

mdklatt
7/8/2008, 02:13 PM
NM

StoopTroup
7/8/2008, 02:18 PM
I always knew Fire Fighters were special folks but when I met Tom Huffy of the Tulsa Fire Fighting Clowns...I found out just how special all Fire Fighters are.

Tom is one extra special guy in my book.

Salute to you all!

ST

Fraggle145
7/8/2008, 02:26 PM
My grandpa was a volunteer fireman back in the day in Levittown, NY (Wantaugh), anyway his dept was pretty much all volunteer but they had cool fire engines etc... we used to hang out at the firehouse all the time during the summer when we were kids. Good times. :D