PDA

View Full Version : Only a few more weeks til...

Collier11
7/8/2008, 09:49 AM
...we get to see extremely annoyed Bob Stoops giving really short answers to endless questions about our bowl game failures. Im pumped for that :D

KantoSooner
7/8/2008, 10:05 AM
can we just go immediately to Bob trying to explain how DeMarco Murray made freakishly impossible cuts on his way to scoring every time he touched the ball?

Collier11
7/8/2008, 10:28 AM
Not possible

BoomerJack
7/8/2008, 10:39 AM
When does practice start?

Collier11
7/8/2008, 10:42 AM
1st of Aug I believe

The Maestro
7/8/2008, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I am in the camp of people about ready for Bob Stoops to become a little more personable and a little less arrogant. He is the face of the program and I prefer he come across as more likeable. Not everyone in the media is an idiot and that is just part of the job.

Collier11
7/8/2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I am in the camp of people about ready for Bob Stoops to become a little more personable and a little less arrogant. He is the face of the program and I prefer he come across as more likeable. Not everyone in the media is an idiot and that is just part of the job.

He is hard to understand, he admits that something is wrong after the game and everything I have heard since he is all defensive again. He needs to be more like Spurrier and less like Snyder when it comes to this

yermom
7/8/2008, 11:57 AM

i disagree :D

Collier11
7/8/2008, 11:59 AM
i disagree :D

Come on now, its like 98.7% which isnt 100%

Theskipster
7/9/2008, 09:30 AM
I think Bob is a saint for being as restrained as he is after being forced to talk to Dean Blevins and Jenni Carlson for almost a decade.

The Maestro
7/9/2008, 10:35 AM
Well, my lack of enjoying his attitude started at halftime of the Sugar Bowl against LSU. When he chastised Lynn Swann on the ranking of our defense nationally I was just sitting there thinking, "Coach, who cares right now? We are trailing in the title game...our defensive ranking is not important. That crystal trophy is and we are losing. Quit worrying about the technicality of our defensive ranking and let's win a title tonight."

And those were my thoughts. Verbatim. Well, that and, "I'm going to go puke now!"

yermom
7/9/2008, 10:54 AM
**** Lynn Swann

:mad:

goingoneight
7/9/2008, 10:03 PM
Wow... it really is the off-season when we start ****ting on a coach who's won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP for us and start defending the media.

soonerfan28
7/9/2008, 10:20 PM
I can't wait to see him bitch all he wants because that means we are closer to the first game.

Curly Bill
7/9/2008, 10:27 PM
Wow... it really is the off-season when we start ****ting on a coach who's won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP for us and start defending the media.

Yeah, but he's lost more of them then he's won. ;) ;) :D :D :D

Collier11
7/9/2008, 10:52 PM

not sure who you were referring to but the point of this thread wasnt to sh*t on Coach Stoops, it was out of sarcasm. I know that as soon as media day takes place he will be dealing with stupid arse questions day after day and that was what I was talking about

SoonerLB
7/9/2008, 11:58 PM
"he will be dealing with stupid arse questions day after day and that was what I was talking about"

True dat! Give 'em hell Bob! :hot:

toast
7/10/2008, 11:53 AM
I've always felt Coach Stoops has done a good job handling intelligent and relative questions from the media, it's when they get repetitive and non-relative that he gets short and stand-offish. If the media hasn't figured that out after 10 years, then you can't blame him.