PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Knowledge Havers

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:12 PM
You guys have any info on the Inn at Woodward Park? Looks like a nice little B&B, but I have no idea about the neighborhood. It is on 1521 E 21st Street, is this a nice part of town, or is it one of the rougher parts of T-town?

yermom
7/7/2008, 04:19 PM
i always thought that was a pretty nice part of town

Hamhock
7/7/2008, 04:20 PM
You guys have any info on the Inn at Woodward Park? Looks like a nice little B&B, but I have no idea about the neighborhood. It is on 1521 E 21st Street, is this a nice part of town, or is it one of the rougher parts of T-town?

it's not bad. you can walk down the street and get a decent steak at mcgill's. utica square is also nearby. it's sorta an outdoor mall with some upscale shops.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 04:23 PM
I drive by that just about every day and didn't know it was a B&B. Yeah, it's fine. Pretty nice actually.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 04:24 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/516366364_94ffc915ca.jpg?v=0

yermom
7/7/2008, 04:26 PM
i grew up right up 21st from there, but who knows the way they keep changing Tulsa on me :eek:

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:28 PM
Good to hear it is a nice area. I am going to a concert at Cain's on the 29th and am going to try and swing an interview up in T-town on the 30th and this place in in between both. Plus, I thought it would be nice to stay somewhere a little more unconventional ;)

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:29 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/516366364_94ffc915ca.jpg?v=0

Where was that taken?

Mjcpr
7/7/2008, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure how close, but it's near the really old, rich folk homes. Like the Mayor's house and the Bama Pie owner lady's house. Not Mongo rich, but close.

I'm not real familiar with the 'hood but if Utica Square, Woodward Park and Philbrook are close by, it's probably pretty nice. It's an old part of town.

Check it out on Google Maps, click the street view option and you can walk down the middle of the street. :D

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:31 PM
it's not bad. you can walk down the street and get a decent steak at mcgill's. utica square is also nearby. it's sorta an outdoor mall with some upscale shops.

What kind of prices does McGill's have?

JohnnyMack
Where was that taken?

Across the street from the brothel...errr...B&B you're looking at.

yermom
the Toadies are still around?

i love Cain's

Mjcpr
Where was that taken?

Probably Woodward Park.

http://www.dinemcgills.com/#Scene_1

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 04:32 PM

http://www.dinemcgills.com/

Get the prime rib quesadillas.

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure how close, but it's near the really old, rich folk homes. Like the Mayor's house and the Bama Pie owner lady's house. Not Mongo rich, but close.

I'm not real familiar with the 'hood but if Utica Square, Woodward Park and Philbrook are close by, it's probably pretty nice. It's an old part of town.

Check it out on Google Maps, click the street view option and you can walk down the middle of the street. :D

Yeah, the place looks like it sits up on a hill compared to the houses around it.

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.dinemcgills.com/

Get the prime rib quesadillas.

Yarr, but there be no prices on their menu. Guess if I have to ask, I can't afford it though huh?

Hamhock
7/7/2008, 04:34 PM
Plus, I thought it would be nice to stay somewhere a little more unconventional ;)

the ambassador downtown is a nice place to stay. it's not your conventional hotel, plus, you can get a good meal on premises.

Hamhock
7/7/2008, 04:35 PM
Yarr, but there be no prices on their menu. Guess if I have to ask, I can't afford it though huh?

it ain't mcdonald's. there are more expensive places to eat in tulsa, but not many.

stroll on down to utica square. they'll have a wide variety of food.

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:37 PM
the ambassador downtown is a nice place to stay. it's not your conventional hotel, plus, you can get a good meal on premises.

:eek: way out of my price range! Nice looking though

Mjcpr
7/7/2008, 04:37 PM
it ain't mcdonald's. there are more expensive places to eat in tulsa, but not many.

Yeah, if you're looking for something on the cheap, they should have it at Utica Square.

:D

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:39 PM

Yeah, me and lady havok hit that area up last time we were up there. She liked the shopping, I liked the cool grocery store:D Twas my fist time to eat at a P.F. Changs...

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 04:39 PM

For dinner you'll spend $100 with no liquor. I think the Polo Grill, which you can also walk to is a better (if not the best) choice in town.

Stonehorse Cafe in Utica Square is awesome. And cheaper.

http://www.uticasquare.com/restaurants/restaurants_detail.asp?rID=9

Hamhock
7/7/2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah, if you're looking for something on the cheap, they should have it at Utica Square.

:D

there's a wendy's and a hospital cafeteria right across the street. :texan:

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:41 PM
For dinner you'll spend $100 with no liquor. I think the Polo Grill, which you can also walk to is a better (if not the best) choice in town.

Stonehorse Cafe in Utica Square is awesome. And cheaper.

http://www.uticasquare.com/restaurants/restaurants_detail.asp?rID=9

That place seems more in line with my price range

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 04:41 PM
there's a wendy's and a hospital cafeteria right across the street. :texan:

I've eaten in that hospital cafeteria twice. Before the birth of each son.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 04:42 PM
That place seems more in line with my price range

They have pizzas that will blow you away. And the menu is constantly rotating, he keeps it fresh.

If you want other ideas, lemme know. I work right around the corner, you can buy me lunch. :D

Hamhock
7/7/2008, 04:42 PM
I've eaten in that hospital cafeteria twice. Before the birth of each son.

i've eaten there a brazillion times....one of the perils of physician clients.

Hamhock
7/7/2008, 04:43 PM
is that old sandwich place still there on lewis, just north of 21st?

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 04:44 PM
They have pizzas that will blow you away. And the menu is constantly rotating, he keeps it fresh.

If you want other ideas, lemme know. I work right around the corner, you can buy me lunch. :D

That's cool. I probably won't hit up a steak place, as we will probably be eating up there for lunch. I don't think I would want to head to a nice place wearing the same clothes I would for a Toadies concert :D

And on the pizzas, they better be better than the wedge!

Hamhock
7/7/2008, 04:49 PM
there's an olive garden there.

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 05:00 PM
there's an olive garden there.

**** off dip **** :D

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 05:06 PM
is that old sandwich place still there on lewis, just north of 21st?

Atlanta Bread Co.?

No. :mad: Thanks for bringing that up.

It's an abstract place now. Joy.

StoopTroup
7/7/2008, 05:26 PM
Queenies in Utica Square has good sammichs IMO.

Mjcpr
7/7/2008, 06:53 PM
Atlanta Bread Co.?

Sooo, it's not really there or what?

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 07:20 PM
I hate you.

mdklatt
7/7/2008, 09:34 PM
It's an abstract place now.

http://www.ilachinski.com/Sam%20Ilachinski%20Archive/abstract/Abstract%20New%2015.jpg

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 10:02 PM
:les:GUARANTY ABSTRACT COMPANY!!!

Hamhock
7/8/2008, 09:28 AM
Atlanta Bread Co.?

i don't remember the name of it. that doesn't sound familiar..it was on the east side of the road...sorta dark wood building...very busy during lunch? it's been prolly 10 years since i've been there..

JohnnyMack
7/8/2008, 09:33 AM
i don't remember the name of it. that doesn't sound familiar..it was on the east side of the road...sorta dark wood building...very busy during lunch? it's been prolly 10 years since i've been there..

The only thing ON Lewis north of 21st is a Sonic up at like 16th. The rest is just houses.

Atlanta Bread Co. was on the NW corner of 2 1 and Lewis.

Hamhock
7/8/2008, 09:52 AM
The only thing ON Lewis north of 21st is a Sonic up at like 16th. The rest is just houses.

Atlanta Bread Co. was on the NW corner of 2 1 and Lewis.

then where is the old sandwich shop i'm talking about, Mr. Smartypants?

JohnnyMack
7/8/2008, 09:55 AM
It seems to be as mythical as a bobcat...shot with an arrow. Neither seem to really exist.

mdklatt
7/8/2008, 10:08 AM
We have Atlanta Bread Company around here, except it's called Panera.

JohnnyMack
7/8/2008, 10:13 AM
They're a totally different chain. Like Burger King and McDonald's.

Hamhock
7/8/2008, 10:13 AM
It seems to be as mythical as a bobcat...shot with an arrow. Neither seem to really exist.

:mack: I was there!!!

mdklatt
7/8/2008, 10:28 AM
They're a totally different chain.

I know. The employees at Panera wear their name tags on the left side of their aprons, while ABC employees wear theirs on the right side.

Hamhock
7/8/2008, 10:28 AM
Impressions

15th & Lewis

It's now downtwon.

<insert the blow me t-shirt>

JohnnyMack
7/8/2008, 10:30 AM
That was a gay bar.

Hamhock
7/8/2008, 10:40 AM
That was a gay bar.

your momma was a gay bar.

JohnnyMack
7/8/2008, 10:49 AM
Ever go to The Bros. Houligan? That place has awesome chicken fried steak and fries with lots of cream gravy. Good times.

And my momma wouldn't touch your junk with SicEms dick*.

*Does that make sense?

Hamhock
7/8/2008, 10:57 AM
Ever go to The Bros. Houligan? That place has awesome chicken fried steak and fries with lots of cream gravy. Good times.

And my momma wouldn't touch your junk with SicEms dick*.

*Does that make sense?

haven't been there, but i do consider myself a CFS connoisseur.

i did try Copeland's in BA last week and was excellent.