PDA

View Full Version : The Boz to the Rescue!

Rhino
7/7/2008, 03:51 PM
Ex-NFL player aids woman in car crash (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/story/4195226p-4786569c.html)

A former NFL football star from Los Angeles assisted with the rescue of a woman who rolled her mini-SUV several times Saturday afternoon near Falcon Lake and ended up trapped and hidden in a ditch.

Brian Bosworth, known as "the Boz" from his linebacking days with the Seattle Seahawks in the 1980s, said he was on his way to the Winnipeg airport when he approached the accident scene on the Trans-Canada Highway near Whitemouth River.

"I happened to tail in on the backside and there were ambulances and a fire truck. It looked like she rolled at least two or three times because the car ended up facing the opposite direction of oncoming traffic, upside down in the ditch," Bosworth said.

RCMP Sgt. Line Karpish said a 39-year-old woman from Calgary was behind the wheel. Karpish said the woman was travelling eastbound on the Trans-Canada to Ontario. She hit the shoulder, the vehicle rolled and hit the ditch. Karpish said a 26-year-old man from Calgary was also in the vehicle, but he was not trapped.

Bosworth said the wreck couldn't be seen easily from the highway. He said the shoulder on that stretch of the road took a dramatic drop and the car landed in a swampy area.

"She could have stayed there for hours behind a bunch of weeds. Her car was hidden ... . She was very fortunate they got to her so quickly. Her car was crushed," he said.

The paramedics had to use the jaws of life to get the woman out. Bosworth said they dismantled the vehicle completely. He was asked to take a piece of equipment down to the paramedics and once he got down to the victim, he said it was clear they needed more manpower.

"She was in shock and in pain and we couldn't really move her. Her legs were pinned. We had to cut the steering wheel off. She was screaming every time we moved her," Bosworth said. "It took five or six guys to get her into the ambulance. "

Driver and passenger were taken to St. Anne's Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

"I see that a lot in the area, the highways aren't the greatest. They are not very forgiving highways. She's lucky. She just missed the guardrail to the river. This could have been really bad," Karpish said.

Bosworth was fishing in the area with his son. http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3360/boztotherescuedd8.jpg

yermom
7/7/2008, 03:54 PM
the media hates us :mad:

that's pretty awesome though, these are the kinda stories you like to see about our current and former players

r5TPsooner
7/7/2008, 04:01 PM
My hero when I played high school and later college football.

Great read!

OUster
7/7/2008, 04:25 PM
Did The Boz yank the entire car out of the ditch with one mighty jolt with his right arm? I wouldn't doubt it.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/7/2008, 04:31 PM
Yes, even while wearing flip flops.

KingDavid
7/7/2008, 04:36 PM
Brian Bosworth, known as "the Boz" from his linebacking days with the Seattle Seahawks in the 1980s . . .

:confused:

= Deion Sanders, known as "Prime-time" from his sportscaster days with ESPN.

or

= Frank Thomas, known as "The Big Hurt" from his rash of injuries during the latter part of his career.

. . . we could go on . . .

sooner94
7/7/2008, 04:39 PM
I love the Boz's intro to the story- "I happened to tail in on the backside." Sounds like a coach breaking down game film.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/7/2008, 04:41 PM
I love the Boz's intro to the story- "I happened to tail in on the backside." Sounds like a coach breaking down game film.

or pron speak.

Beano's Fourth Chin
7/7/2008, 04:44 PM
They didn't quote the story in its entirety.

On TV his interview began with:

"The road was angry that day my friends..."

Flagstaffsooner
7/7/2008, 04:44 PM
To the rescue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPsaGPzCHkQ)

swardboy
7/7/2008, 09:56 PM
To the rescue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPsaGPzCHkQ)

Not to thread-jack....but THAT'S the greatest southern band of all-time!

And God bless the Boz!

OK2LA
7/7/2008, 09:56 PM
To the rescue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPsaGPzCHkQ):confused: :eek: :confused:

OK2LA
7/7/2008, 09:57 PM

:eek: :confused: :eek:

tulsaoilerfan
7/7/2008, 10:24 PM
BOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/7/2008, 10:47 PM
They left out the part where he intentionally ran her off the road because she had a UTerus bumper sticker.

It may be in poor taste, but he would do it. Nobody hates saxeT more than that guy.

Side note, I happened to meet Brian's cousin while in Houston a few weeks ago...what a great guy, very down to earth, and had some great stories about the differences between "The Boz" and Brian.

sooner59
7/8/2008, 12:34 AM
They left out the part where he intentionally ran her off the road because she had a UTerus bumper sticker.

It may be in poor taste, but he would do it. Nobody hates saxeT more than that guy.

Side note, I happened to meet Brian's cousin while in Houston a few weeks ago...what a great guy, very down to earth, and had some great stories about the differences between "The Boz" and Brian.

Well I for one would like to know some of the things he had to say. If you remember much please share! It sounds like an interested subject. I know I want to know the difference between Brian and The Boz.

RacerX
7/8/2008, 06:39 AM
They lost me at "NFL football star"

stoopified
7/8/2008, 11:21 AM
Good job Boz

Jason White's Third Knee
7/8/2008, 11:38 AM

And God bless the Boz!

Huh. Who knew that I hated southern rock that bad?

Blue
7/8/2008, 11:41 AM
My favorite Sooner to ever don the Crimson and Cream. Good job, Bosworth!

Blue
7/10/2008, 07:49 PM
Bump. Not enough love for the Boz. Try again.