PDA

View Full Version : How often do you misplace personal items?

royalfan5
7/7/2008, 02:39 PM
Like car keys, wallet, etc? I very rarely misplace stuff like that, and when it has happened it usually involves some weird extenuating circumstance. I credit this to me being very OCD about those things. I always take off/out watches, wallet, etc in the exact same order, and place them in the exact same place every time. Due to this compulsion, I can dive into my piles of stuff and find them with ease. Other people I know are very clean and lose **** all the time because they don't have a routine. Is my way more common, or is the losing **** more common?

sooner_born_1960
7/7/2008, 02:52 PM
Yes.

Curly Bill
7/7/2008, 03:59 PM
Is my way more common, or is the losing **** more common?

Very individual thing I would imagine. I'm like you, but know people that are always putting things were they can't find them.

StoopTroup
7/7/2008, 05:41 PM
BTW....the more stuff you have...the more stuff you have to lose.

Also...stuff can hide stuff.

Never pile stuff on other stuff.

I'm sure I'll think of some more stuff...

Be back later. :D

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 05:52 PM
I usually forget to take my watch off, so I wake up knowing right where it is. Wallet is always in the pants I wore the day before along with keys.

Cellphone however...Thank god I lose it when it is charged. The day it dies, and I can't call it to find it, I am screwed!

Curly Bill
7/7/2008, 05:55 PM
I usually forget to take my watch off, so I wake up knowing right where it is. Wallet is always in the pants I wore the day before along with keys.

Cellphone however...Thank god I lose it when it is charged. The day it dies, and I can't call it to find it, I am screwed!

OMG, how do you forget to take the watch off? Soon as I come in the door it's got to come off.

...but yeah, I'm with ya on the phone thing.

Sooner_Havok
7/7/2008, 05:59 PM
OMG, how do you forget to take the watch off? Soon as I come in the door it's got to come off.

...but yeah, I'm with ya on the phone thing.

I don't know, I have a low profile titanium watch that I forget I have on sometimes. Hell, I've woken up and jumped in the shower sometimes before I realized the damn thing was still on my wrist.

OU-HSV
7/7/2008, 06:00 PM
Like car keys, wallet, etc? I very rarely misplace stuff like that, and when it has happened it usually involves some weird extenuating circumstance. I credit this to me being very OCD about those things. I always take off/out watches, wallet, etc in the exact same order, and place them in the exact same place every time. Due to this compulsion, I can dive into my piles of stuff and find them with ease. Other people I know are very clean and lose **** all the time because they don't have a routine. Is my way more common, or is the losing **** more common?

I certainly prefer your method over a less specific/unorganized method.
For the most part, I don't wear watches. But my wallet, keys, cell phone, etc. all come out at the same time and 99% of the time are placed in the same vicinity of a 1 foot square area on my counter. However, I have good friends that simply lay their sh*t anywhere when they get in their house.
And my wife has been known to leave her keys in the car in the garage before....I've broke her from that stupid habit.

So to answer your question, you're not wierd....well at least not for this :D

Curly Bill
7/7/2008, 06:02 PM
I don't know, I have a low profile titanium watch that I forget I have on sometimes. Hell, I've woken up and jumped in the shower sometimes before I realized the damn thing was still on my wrist.

Weird how peeps are different. Me, soon as I come in the door watch comes off and anything in my pockets gets set on the bar.

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 06:07 PM
BTW....the more stuff you have...the more stuff you have to lose.

Also...stuff can hide stuff.

Never pile stuff on other stuff.

I'm sure I'll think of some more stuff...

Be back later. :D
JLoge6QzcGY

StoopTroup
7/7/2008, 06:38 PM
Exactly....lol

Okla-homey
7/7/2008, 06:51 PM
All I know is this. The amount of time Mrs. Homey retains a pair of sunglasses is inversely proportional to their cost.

LoyalFan
7/7/2008, 10:07 PM
Like car keys, wallet, etc?

I'll respond so soon as I find my glasses.

LF