PDA

View Full Version : OKC this friday night 7/11/08

OKLA21FAN
7/7/2008, 01:59 PM
need some ideas for relatively inexpensiveness hotels near the BrickTown, and some ideas for something to do Friday evening. If we hang out in at the Bricktown, I really don't want to be driving.

TIA

Taxman71
7/7/2008, 02:20 PM
The cheapest is probably the Courtyard Marriott or Residence Inn....no car or taxi required. The nicest is probably the Skirvin or Renaissance. Sheraton is fine..Colcord is expensive, but fine.

Rhino
7/7/2008, 02:37 PM
Friday, July 11
http://www.oklahomarock.com/check.gif Oklahoma City - Junior Brown (http://www.juniorbrown.com/) @ Wormy Dog Saloon (http://www.wormydog.com/)

gQWPeCDTiUA
VRMNeoaosQw

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 03:47 PM
I'll second the motion that you should see Junior Brown live. Unbelievable.

Also, don't bother looking for a cheap hotel room downtown. They don't exist. The hotels down here are constantly at capacity, and price accordingly.

OKLA21FAN
7/7/2008, 03:50 PM
I'll second the motion that you should see Junior Brown live. Unbelievable.

Also, don't bother looking for a cheap hotel room downtown. They don't exist. The hotels down here are constantly at capacity, and price accordingly.

yep, looks like about $200 (give or take fiddy) is the going rate.

but free parking and no DUI charges will make it worth it for just one night.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2008, 04:02 PM
Pfft, cheap? In America's town? Not happening.

-----> ;) <-----

r5TPsooner
7/7/2008, 04:14 PM
I 2nd Courtyard by Mariott. I think they even give you a free breakfast and internet, at least they did when we were looking for homes in OKC but it was also set up by the company that I was going to be working for.

Sooner24
7/7/2008, 04:35 PM
Pfft, cheap? In America's town? Not happening.

-----> ;) <-----

That's right!

High class places like OKC have high class prices. ;)

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 04:36 PM
The new Hampton, Holiday Inn Express and recently announced Candlewood Suites will add a needed pricepoint below the $175-$225 that most places downtown are currently getting.

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 04:39 PM
The Colcord might be more willing to negotiate rate than the others, though. Since they aren't tied into a national reservation system like everybody else, they have had a more difficult time staying fully booked. They are definitely one of the most upscale places down here, but lack the booking mechanism they need, IMO.

Sooner24
7/7/2008, 04:41 PM
I 2nd Courtyard by Mariott. I think they even give you a free breakfast and internet, at least they did when we were looking for homes in OKC but it was also set up by the company that I was going to be working for.

The Courtyard does not have free breakfast. I stayed there for three nights a couple of weeks ago. It does have some of the friendliest staff I have encountered in a long time. The rooms are nice but if I were you I would stay here.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/okcbt-residence-inn-oklahoma-city-downtown-bricktown/

It is on the canal, right in the middle of Bricktown, and does have free breakfast. You can get off or on the canal boats right at the hotel. It almost shares a parking lot with Bass Pro Shop and is just across the canal from Toby Keiths. Also the Trolly stops at the hotel which is great if you want to go to the Art Museum to see the Roman Art from the Louvre or the bombing memorial. It is only $.25 to ride one way which is a great deal.

Taxman71
7/7/2008, 05:18 PM
PSA....do not stay at any place with the word "Bricktown" in the offical title....I can think of a place at Reno & MLK and one on I-35 & around SE 44th that do this.

StoopTroup
7/7/2008, 05:30 PM
Bass Pro...sleep in your car throw your keys in the trunk and put a trunk key in one of those hide-a-key boxes under the hood.

YWIA. :D ;)

Taxman71
7/8/2008, 08:50 AM
The IHOP in bricktown is open 24 hours. Get a large booth, hand the waitress a $20 bill and ask for extra napkins.

Collier11
7/8/2008, 09:47 AM
If you are looking for something to do you could hit up the live music like suggested, if you are more of a club goer try Rok Bar, gets crowded but really fun. I dont like Sky Bar anymore but some do. City Walk has 7 clubs in one including an 80's bar and a piano bar. I believe on Friday nights City Walk has coin beer til 9 or 10 so cheap drunk early

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/8/2008, 09:52 AM
Go to Mickey Mantle's Happy Hour from 5-7. They have $1.50 domestics and a good appetizer bar. They usually have entertainment too.

Taxman71
7/8/2008, 10:15 AM
Stop at Byron's Liquor Warehouse on NW 23rd and Broadway on your way to your hotel and stock up, then save some cash by nursing long necks the rest of the night. YWIA