PDA

View Full Version : Get out your tinfoil hats!

Ike
7/7/2008, 01:58 PM
http://magheap.com/article/14764/Crowd-Controlling_MEDUSA_Ray_Gun_Puts_Voices_Inside_Your _Head_Medusa.aspx

The Sierra Nevada Corporation claimed this week that it is ready to begin production on the MEDUSA, a damned scary ray gun that uses the "microwave audio effect" to implant sounds and perhaps even specific messages inside people's heads. Short for Mob Excess Deterrent Using Silent Audio, MEDUSA creates the audio effect with short microwave pulses. The pulses create a shockwave inside the skull that's detected by the ears, and basically makes you think you're going balls-to-the-wall bat**** insane. The MEDUSA can also "produce recognizable sounds" and is aimed primarily at military uses, but New Scientist revealed there are other uses in the works, too.

And if you're thinking ear plugs are this thing's Kryptonite, think again. Lee Sadovnik of Sierra Nevada Corp. said normal audio safety limits are off the table since the sound bypasses the eardrums and emanates from within the skull. "The repel effect is a combination of loudness and the irritation factor," he said. "You can’t block it out."

OUDoc
7/7/2008, 02:00 PM
"The repel effect is a combination of loudness and the irritation factor," he said. "You can’t block it out."

They've recorded my house?

BudSooner
7/7/2008, 02:02 PM
It's already been in use, mainly civillian though in the android form of Amy Winehouse.

Her repeated "problems" are actually scheduled repairs.

SoonerInKCMO
7/7/2008, 02:10 PM
I read about this (or similar) technology in some marketing or advertising industry rag a few months ago. People were pretty excited but scared because they could send advertisements directly into a person's head as he walked by the store or a billboard.

Okla-homey
7/7/2008, 04:26 PM
Personally, I want one of those aimable emitters that makes people lose control of their bowels.;)

Jerk
7/7/2008, 04:47 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1927/tinfoildoghb6.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
7/7/2008, 04:51 PM
Personally, I want one of those aimable emitters that makes people lose control of their bowels.;)
That's what happened to me last week. I thought it was just the jalapenos.

Okla-homey
7/7/2008, 05:27 PM
That's what happened to me last week. I thought it was just the jalapenos.

Can you imagine how much fun you could have with a poop ray gun at a game?

Colt McCoy, 3d and 8 on the OU 30. Just as the ball is snapped...Zappo!

after the fumbled snap, "Coach Brown, I don't know what happened. Can I go in the locker room and change my pants now?";)

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 05:36 PM
I think someone used that on one of my employees a couple of days ago.

As someone who has crapped their pants at work (back when I was delivering lumber in college -- think I ever heard the end of that from the other guys at the lumber yard?), I have to say, crapping your pants at work or in public is NOT funny. I repeat, NOT funny.

Now, SOMEBODY ELSE crapping his pants at work? That's pure comedy gold.

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 05:40 PM
What's even funnier is when the person who does it is a goofy old creaker who asks the nice, college-age girl he's working with to look and see if anything is showing through on his pants, like he's going to try to stick around and work the rest of the day.

:les: GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, POOPYPANTS!!! NO FURTHER EXPLANATION NECESSARY!!

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 05:41 PM
Sorry, Ike. I turned your perfectly good science/conspiracy thread into a poopypants thread.

BigRedJed
7/7/2008, 05:41 PM
Actually, I guess Homey did it.

:les: BLAME HOMEY!!!

Widescreen
7/7/2008, 05:47 PM
nevermind.

StoopTroup
7/7/2008, 05:48 PM
So you could tell Muslims..."Achmed...this is Jesus. Mohammed is my B*tch. There are NO VIRGINS! Don't blow yourself up...you'll live in Hell for eternity. Give all your Oil to the Americans...they are your friends."