PDA

View Full Version : Paul Thompson Sighting

sitzpinkler
7/7/2008, 10:34 AM
He was at Tenkiller this past Saturday at Party Cove on a nice boat. I called out his name and he waved at me. My friend called out a Boomer and he returned a Sooner. I wish I had thought to take a picture but I was a little buzzed.

swardboy
7/7/2008, 11:56 AM
Obligatory Lidag8tor response "How many recruits were with him?" in 3,2,1...

JLEW1818
7/7/2008, 12:02 PM
Dang thats pretty cool, who all was with him?

Bone
7/7/2008, 12:22 PM
Who's boat was it? That's what I'm wondering.

Jdog
7/7/2008, 12:58 PM

Cedric B's

sooner94
7/7/2008, 01:25 PM
Cedric B's

Was it weaving and having trouble staying within the buoys?

Collier11
7/7/2008, 02:09 PM
Dont understand the reason behind screaming out a players name or having them acknowledge you? Is it really that big of a deal...just wondering?

I could see if you want to introduce yourself or meet the guy but drunkenly shouting his name just so he will wave back...interesting! ;)

manida
7/7/2008, 03:06 PM
havent been to Party Cove in years...man that brings back mammories ....errrr, memories.

RedstickSooner
7/7/2008, 05:50 PM
Dont understand the reason behind screaming out a players name or having them acknowledge you? Is it really that big of a deal...just wondering?

I could see if you want to introduce yourself or meet the guy but drunkenly shouting his name just so he will wave back...interesting! ;)

Sure, it's an odd aspect of human nature, but no odder than, say, the jackarses that invariably show up in outdoor TV shots, leaning into frame, talking on a cell phone.

Probably saying something like, "Yeah, that's me! I'm on camera! Do you see me? Are you looking? Yeah, that's me! Check it out! Yeah, I'm the white retard with the cell phone! This is AWESOME!!"

I've always thought it'd be nice if they'd start making fun of those folks with some edited on-air graphics. Like dunce caps. That sort of thing. Maybe thought bubbles that say things like, "Wow! A camera! How amazing!"

But maybe I just annoy easy. It's possible ;)

RedstickSooner
7/7/2008, 05:57 PM
And, just to clarify, I'm not equating clowning for a TV camera with yelling hello at a beloved sports figure. For one thing, I don't think Paul gets recognized enough that he's gonna hate the attention. Also, I think that, y'know, yelling while everyone is out boating and having fun is probably okay. Where it's not appropriate, IMO, is when folks are, say, having dinner.

I've seen folks on here talk about seeing coaches or players at a restaurant and asking 'em for autographs. Usually, the coach or player has been accommodating -- but in my personal opinion, that's an inappropriate invasion of their own space and their own time. Let 'em eat in peace, yeah?

StoopTroup
7/7/2008, 06:36 PM
Nope...Stalk em down and get everything you have autographed. :D ;)

When they are alone or say at a place doing an interview...especially if it's sports related...I think they are fair game.

If they are having dinner with someone...wait in their car and sneak up on them in the dark.

sitzpinkler
7/8/2008, 09:06 AM
Dang thats pretty cool, who all was with him?

I only saw a couple of ladies on the boat with him. I didn't notice any other players.

To clarify to Collier, I didn't SCREAM out his name. We were passing right by his boat and as soon as I noticed who it was I said "that's Paul Thompson". He heard me and waved. He is my favorite Sooner sports figure, so forgive me for getting a little excited. :rolleyes:

Collier11
7/8/2008, 09:35 AM
I only saw a couple of ladies on the boat with him. I didn't notice any other players.

To clarify to Collier, I didn't SCREAM out his name. We were passing right by his boat and as soon as I noticed who it was I said "that's Paul Thompson". He heard me and waved. He is my favorite Sooner sports figure, so forgive me for getting a little excited. :rolleyes:

STALKER!

jdubb22bronco
7/8/2008, 11:33 AM

thats cool, i would have been stoaked to see my favorite OU player too, I met barry switzer at a 3A track meet that kevin bookout was at once...I quietly asked for his auto and shook his hand through the chainlink fence...after i walked away a bunch of people came so he bounced, I felt bad but i tried to be discret and he looked like he was used to it....

Jason White's Third Knee
7/8/2008, 11:43 AM

What? A black man can't take a ride on a boat anymore without the white man sickin' his nose in to his bidness?

Cracker assed cracker.

Of course, I am assuming that you are white.

WestAustinSooner
7/8/2008, 03:29 PM
I guess he was smart enough not to be driving the boat and eventually be arrested by the lake patrol for BWI (see El Ced)!

swardboy
7/8/2008, 07:50 PM
TPIWWP.....

85sooners
7/8/2008, 10:05 PM
:gary:

RedstickSooner
7/9/2008, 04:19 AM
I guess he was smart enough not to be driving the boat and eventually be arrested by the lake patrol for BWI (see El Ced)!

So, does it make me a bad person that I'm *totally* in support of sobriety checks for automobile drivers, yet think that checking your BAC while you're boating is ghey?

Funny thing is, I don't even boat. Haven't in about nine years.

I just remember the process being pretty lazy & laid back. Maybe they should have some kinda velocity standard... A powerboat you should get checked, a party barge or houseboat, not so much.

But maybe drunken boating is more of a problem than I'm aware.

Collier11
7/9/2008, 08:42 AM
last yr at Texhoma we got stopped by the Texas jerks, they checked all of our normal checks on a boat and we passed, they performed the standard tests on my friend whose boat we were on and he passed yet they still took him on their boat, did more tests, and gave the guy a DUI which he is fighting still to this day.

jdubb22bronco
7/11/2008, 02:52 PM
did he blow over the legal limit on board or what?

OK2LA
7/13/2008, 07:19 PM
When did P.T. sign with the Titans? ESPN.COM shows him 4th behind Vinny. . .