PDA

View Full Version : OU Football helps other sports also

MissouriSooner
7/6/2008, 09:47 PM
AT&T winner Anthony Kim loves belt buckles and OU football

3 hours ago

WASHINGTON — There were all sorts of fun things to learn about Anthony Kim after he won the AT&T National. What's with the new flashy belt buckle? And what's the real story behind his decision to attend the University of Oklahoma?

The belt buckle was unmistakable. Already known for wearing garish belt attire adorned with his initials, Kim donned a buckle featuring what appeared to be diamonds embedded into the letters "AK" as he played Sunday's round at Congressional.

"It weighs a lot. It costs at lot," Kim said. "I'm glad I wore it today. I needed a big day."

Kim said the buckle arrived Wednesday from a clothing company that has him scheduled for a photo shoot on Monday. He wasn't even sure if the sparkling things were diamonds.

"It looks like diamonds, and they are pretty upscale," Kim said. "So I would be very surprised if it isn't."

As for his Oklahoma drill, Kim said he planned to go to a school closer to his California home and accepted a visit to OU just to get tickets to a football game.

But the Sooners atmosphere at kickoff won him over.

"It started pouring rain," Kim said. "And I thought everyone was going to leave because that's what I was used to back home. And everyone decided that they were going to take off their shirts and stay. There were people going wild, and I just loved the atmosphere. That's why I chose OU, because of OU football."

yermom
7/6/2008, 09:50 PM
i hope the NCAA isn't reading that :O

Paperclip
7/6/2008, 10:26 PM
Recruits aren't allowed football tickets on a visit?

yermom
7/6/2008, 10:50 PM
Kim said the buckle arrived Wednesday from a clothing company that has him scheduled for a photo shoot on Monday. He wasn't even sure if the sparkling things were diamonds.

that doesn't exactly sound kosher

setem
7/6/2008, 10:54 PM
Nothing about that story sounds good at all!

Paperclip
7/6/2008, 10:55 PM
Isn't he a former Sooner?

yermom
7/6/2008, 11:01 PM
heh, ok. he's a pro now, i was thinking he was a current recruit

who watches golf? ;)

Paperclip
7/6/2008, 11:03 PM
Since Tiger got hurt, nobody. :)

AlbqSooner
7/7/2008, 05:59 AM
Watching the golf match yesterday I heard the announcer make the statement that Anthony Kim was out of Ok State. DOH!

badger
7/7/2008, 02:00 PM
I bet it was the UTEP game in 2002. It fits the timeline, it was pouring rain, but still warm outside. I remember vividly all the shirtless guys in the stands after it started raining.

I can imagine that USC fans or UCLA fans would not stay through a rainy game... after all, they can't take off their t-shirts... they're t-shirt fans! In fact, the college football season starts there before the school year does, so the students didn't even bother showing up (except a few pep banders in Hawaiian shirts) for the game against us in 2005.

As for the Okie State comment, you have to admit that they have more golfing champeenships than us, so it would make sense that a PGA pro like AK would play there instead of here...

... but then again, they have no football :D

... or football fans :D:D

... especially no football fans that you would want to go shirtless in the rain :D:D:D

RedstickSooner
7/7/2008, 02:04 PM
Golf?

Golf.

yermom
7/7/2008, 02:26 PM
I bet it was the UTEP game in 2002. It fits the timeline, it was pouring rain, but still warm outside. I remember vividly all the shirtless guys in the stands after it started raining.

I can imagine that USC fans or UCLA fans would not stay through a rainy game... after all, they can't take off their t-shirts... they're t-shirt fans! In fact, the college football season starts there before the school year does, so the students didn't even bother showing up (except a few pep banders in Hawaiian shirts) for the game against us in 2005.

As for the Okie State comment, you have to admit that they have more golfing champeenships than us, so it would make sense that a PGA pro like AK would play there instead of here...

... but then again, they have no football :D

... or football fans :D:D

... especially no football fans that you would want to go shirtless in the rain :D:D:D

that game was a blast