PDA

View Full Version : I don't know whether I should be mad at OU email or Outlook

proud gonzo
7/6/2008, 04:25 PM
Outlook retrieves my OU email. It deletes it off the OU email server (for some reason) and sticks it in Outlook. It just retrieved all the mail I've gotten in the past two weeks (in NJ) except everything from July 1-4 disappeared. It's not in my Outlook, it's not on OU email. Ironically, I can still read all the emails I've DELETED on the OU email, but not the ones I wanted to actually save--like the email reply i got from the awesome Australian guy I met on the train last week.

:mad:

OUstudent4life
7/6/2008, 04:57 PM
turn off that "remove email from server" function.

SoonerInKCMO
7/6/2008, 04:58 PM
Outlook or Outlook Express?

If it's Express, go to Tools > Accounts (select the account you're working with if there's more than one) > Properties > Advanced. Then, check the box under Delivery that says 'Leave a copy of messages on server'. Then you'll have some redundancy and probably not have this problem again. I'm sure there's a similar option for regular Outlook; I just don't know where it is.

BigRedJed
7/6/2008, 05:11 PM
There is. Pretty much the same process in Outlook '07, except instead of "Properties" you hit a "more settings" button.

GottaHavePride
7/6/2008, 10:36 PM
Outlook or Outlook Express?

Side question:
Why in the seven hells would anyone use Outlook Express instead of Outlook? Talk about a bastard stepchild of a program. ;)

yermom
7/6/2008, 10:54 PM
once you've answered the previous questions, i'll ask about where you have your mail delivered, if you are using Outlook

the best way to check your mail on the road is with http://exchange.ou.edu anyway

if you have to worry about "leave messages on server" your doing it wrong, way wrong

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2008, 10:58 PM
The most important question is how long did you wait before emailing the Australian guy? Cause three days is kinda money.

proud gonzo
7/7/2008, 12:51 AM
once you've answered the previous questions, i'll ask about where you have your mail delivered, if you are using Outlook

the best way to check your mail on the road is with http://exchange.ou.edu anyway

if you have to worry about "leave messages on server" your doing it wrong, way wrongthat's how i WAS checking my email while I was in NJ. and i'm tired right now so i don't care about the other questions. I'm just mad about the disappeared email from the australian. :mad:

Frozen Sooner
7/7/2008, 12:58 AM
Maybe the dingos took it.

proud gonzo
7/7/2008, 01:00 AM
dingos better give it back--australian dude was hot.

soonerboomer93
7/7/2008, 01:05 AM
but apparently not hot enought that you wouldn't delete his e-mail