PDA

View Full Version : Best Comedy Albums for Road Trips

soonerhubs
7/5/2008, 08:25 PM
Okay folks, help me out so I can load my Ipod for the 8 hour drive. Many thanks in advance.

I've already listened Dane Cook's Vicious Circle and Retaliation and everything the Blue Color Comedy Tour has put out. Are there any hidden gems I'm missing that you've personally found yourself crying from laughter while listening?

Frozen Sooner
7/5/2008, 08:32 PM
Anything from Mitch Hedberg.

Daniel Tosh is good stuff. "You know how to make your life better in every way? Lie. About everything."

Brian Posehn.

Lott's Bandana
7/5/2008, 08:44 PM
The soundtrack to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

It is the movie word for word and everyone gets to "sing" along.

sooner2b09
7/5/2008, 09:31 PM
Dave Chappelle's stand up is amazing, I can listen to it over and over.

bri
7/5/2008, 10:00 PM
Patton Oswalt's stuff is tits. Try and get 222 and Werewolves and Lollipops.

We're science! We're all about 'coulda', not 'shoulda'!

Frozen Sooner
7/5/2008, 10:01 PM
What? You made cancer airborne?

soonerinabilene
7/5/2008, 10:29 PM
Dave Chappelle, "For what its worth"
Brian Regan Live and Brian Regan I Walked on the Moon.
Mike Birbiglia
Daniel Tosh

Soonrboy
7/6/2008, 12:01 AM
Brian Regan and Jim Gaffigan

soonerboomer93
7/6/2008, 12:35 AM
xm channel 150

soonerboomer93
7/6/2008, 12:36 AM
oh, the George Carlin stand up sit down is available free on itunes, it's 2 parts

it was really ****in good interview, almost 2 hours

the_ouskull
7/6/2008, 11:46 AM
Nice to see all of the Tosh love. He's awesome. I saw him in March at the House of Blues down in Dallas.

Any of the old Rodney Dangerfield stuff... Carlin too... It's old enough that you won't remember most of the gags, but they're both great enough that, even if you do, it won't matter.

the_ouskull

SCOUT
7/6/2008, 12:56 PM
Bill Cosby:
Himself
Why is the Air?
To My Brother Russell, Whom I slept with
Wonderfulness
I Started Out as a Child

soonerscuba
7/6/2008, 03:42 PM
Patton Oswalt. Trust me.

Hey Patton, did you hear Paris Hilton was in the news again?

SoonerInKCMO
7/6/2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks a lot everyone. :mad:

Now that I've watched half a dozen Patton Oswalt clips on youtube, I feel the need to go to KFC for a failure pile in a sadness bowl! :mad:

soonerscuba
7/6/2008, 06:50 PM
Also, Dane Cook, he is so funny. Relation**** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

def_lazer_fc
7/6/2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks a lot everyone. :mad:

Now that I've watched half a dozen Patton Oswalt clips on youtube, I feel the need to go to KFC for a failure pile in a sadness bowl! :mad:

"i will now demonstrate the birth by pushing this uncooked cornish game hen through these grey drapes."

bri
7/6/2008, 07:58 PM
I'm sorry, Dad, could you repeat all that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my D*CK SCREAMING!

Best. Thread-jack. EVAR. :D

tulsaoilerfan
7/6/2008, 08:46 PM
What about early Eddie Murphy? I listed to his first album so many times i had it memorized :)

the_ouskull
7/6/2008, 09:50 PM
And the best part...

If you take all of the really good, older bits from some well-known comedians, and some bits from unknown comedians from the club circuit, and put them all on one CD, you can say that you brought along a Carlos Mencia CD too...

the_ouskull

Partial Qualifier
7/6/2008, 09:54 PM
Jerky Boys 1 & 2 were good driving comedy.

setem
7/6/2008, 11:02 PM
Nick Swardson and Dimitri Martin are both funny guys.

Party by Nick Swardson

These are Jokes by Dimitri Martin

def_lazer_fc
7/6/2008, 11:06 PM
david cross is good unless you are easily offended.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/7/2008, 12:15 AM
I am now going to date myself, and I don't care, because it is one of the all-time greats:

Steve Martin: Wild and Crazy Guy

I'll admit to submitting to the poison of nostalgia, but Cat Handcuffs is still one of my favorites.

sooneron
7/7/2008, 09:07 AM
I'm still waiting for the moment when I find Dane Cook "funny".

I agree with S Martin, Cosby, Gaffigan, and any earlier Carlin stuff before he got too grumpy.

SoonerInKCMO
7/7/2008, 09:13 AM
Heh. Somehow I had never seen Patton Oswalt's "Death Bed" bit until last night. I'm happy that I finally know what Froze's avatar is. :D

yermom
7/7/2008, 09:18 AM
Jerky Boys 1 & 2 were good driving comedy.

i wake up, my teeth are cut, my pants unbuttoned

i can't believe they made a movie

okieslp
7/7/2008, 09:24 AM
Nice to see all of the Tosh love. He's awesome. I saw him in March at the House of Blues down in Dallas.

Any of the old Rodney Dangerfield stuff... Carlin too... It's old enough that you won't remember most of the gags, but they're both great enough that, even if you do, it won't matter.

the_ouskull

I agree with the old stuff: Carlin, Dangerfield, Cosby. If you like the old stuff, Bob Newhart is good, and obviously Pryor is great. If you don't mind topical references from the olden days, there was a duo out of California, Hudson & Landry, that I always found pretty funny!

bri
7/7/2008, 10:34 AM
Heh. Somehow I had never seen Patton Oswalt's "Death Bed" bit until last night. I'm happy that I finally know what Froze's avatar is. :D

fifty c*cks in his *ss, like the tail of a peacock!

Partial Qualifier
7/7/2008, 12:21 PM
i wake up, my teeth are cut, my pants unbuttoned

i can't believe they made a movie

Did they? yeah a Jerky Boys movie would have all the ingredients for fail. But the first few times I heard 1 and especially 2, my ribs hurt from laughing too much

SoonerInKCMO
7/7/2008, 01:14 PM
I just remembered something. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and the "Death Bed" bit was rattling around - so I came up with the storyline for the "Rape Stove" idea he had. I'd tell y'all what it is but you'd probably just steal it and make millions with your own movie. But I will tell you that I think it's important that it's an electric stove. Preferably a harvest gold model from the '70s.

silverwheels
7/7/2008, 01:16 PM
Also, Dane Cook, he is so funny. Relation**** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I hope this was sarcasm.

Taxman71
7/7/2008, 01:52 PM
I would get the entire Sam Kinison and Andrew Dice Clay catalog and listen in succession. Of course, you will probably be divorced by the end of the trip.

Frozen Sooner
7/7/2008, 01:56 PM

I'm just happy that someone finally picked up on the reference. You're the first.

soonerhubs
1/1/2010, 12:35 PM
Bump.
Any great new comedy albums for Traveling?

Veritas
1/1/2010, 12:47 PM
If I was the type, I'd neg everyone who mentioned Dane Cook. Doosh of dooshes. The grandmaster of ***-handles. ****ing loser can't even write his own lame jokes. Him and Mencia need to board a doomed helicopter.

Nick Swardson
Louie CK
Steven Lynch
Seinfeld "I'm Telling You For The Last Time" (oldie but goodie)
Bill Cosby (Is a Very Funny Guy)...another classic
Anything by Lenny Bruce. The roots of standup .

SoonerStud615
1/1/2010, 01:00 PM
If I was the type, I'd neg everyone who mentioned Dane Cook. Doosh of dooshes. The grandmaster of ***-handles. ****ing loser can't even write his own lame jokes. Him and Mencia need to board a doomed helicopter.

^THAT. Oh and a 2nd for Demetri Martin : These are Jokes.

the_ouskull
1/1/2010, 01:18 PM
Dane Cook has yet to be funny. College chicks like Dane Cook because of airbrushing, and because he's the kind of guy that they date until they learn differently.

Trust me, I know... 'cause I'm the same kind of guy... only funny, and not a d*ucher.

- Daniel Tosh: True Stories I Made Up, and Completely Serious
- anything with Louis CK
- Patton Oswalt
- Mitch Hedberg
- Bill Hicks

You're set. You'll spend the rest of the eight hours pulling over to try to avoid p*ssing yourself. :D

the_ouskull

soonerboomer93
1/1/2010, 02:06 PM
George Lopez
Louis Black is good ****
Gabriel Iglesias

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/1/2010, 02:39 PM
I have to agree with Mitch Hedberg, he's flippin classic. He had some unreleased stuff come out last year that was pretty good. Now I'm def not a Chris Rock fan normally but his OLD HBO special when he talks about Marion Berry, OJ, and a few other old issues is really good. Depending how old school you want to get, my dad got me into Pryor and Red Foxx and I really like it. Dave Chappelle's DC stand up is also a good listen

KC//CRIMSON
1/1/2010, 02:59 PM
Patton Oswalt - My Weakness Is Strong

http://www.lala.com/#album/360569445171035671

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2010, 03:03 PM
Hedberg, Hicks, and Stephen Lynch.

MR2-Sooner86
1/1/2010, 04:18 PM
Steven Wright
Rodney Carrington
Bill Cosby
Rodney Dangerfield
Jeff Foxworthy (his earlier stuff)
Larry the Cable Guy

soonerinabilene
1/1/2010, 09:03 PM
Patton Oswalt - My Weakness Is Strong

http://www.lala.com/#album/360569445171035671

would you like to know how to use the new selfcheckout? okay, first, i got pregnant in high school. then my babys daddy decided not to leave his wife, but he didnt stop being my guidance counselor, so none of my transcripts made it to college. now heres the last 8 years in 10 seconds. meth,meth,biker boyfriend, dead cop, technicality, rehab, pharmacy assistant, MMMEEETTTTHHH!!!! then you scan your item and place it in the bag. do you have any meth? no? then we are done.

Hot Rod
1/1/2010, 10:39 PM
I still crack up at Roy D Mercer.

btk108
1/1/2010, 11:18 PM
Rodney Carrington....hands down. Careful, you might wreck while you're laffing your *** off.

SoonerStud615
1/1/2010, 11:46 PM
I still crack up at Roy D Mercer.

Funny stuff. He got a friend of mine on volume three I think it was.

MR2-Sooner86
1/1/2010, 11:50 PM
Funny stuff. He got a friend of mine on volume three I think it was.

He got the guy who cuts my hair. It's all some good stuff!

pb4ou
1/4/2010, 05:01 AM
He got the guy who cuts my hair. It's all some good stuff!

Was that the one where the barber told RDM that he was windier than a sack full of farts? If so, good stuff

SoonerAtKU
1/4/2010, 02:34 PM
Lewis Black, David Cross, Patton Oswalt. Those are the three that keep me interested on trips. Seeing Louis CK live was probably the funniest thing I've ever been even peripherally involved in.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2010, 02:38 PM
Mercer
Hedberg
Gaffigan
Eddie Murphy
Jerky Boys...Stop that..Stop that

tidalmouse
1/4/2010, 02:57 PM
There's definately been some Great Stuff listed.Some of Chris Rocks earlier stuff is Really Funny but he's gotten a little too Political of late.

The Richard Pryor Album(yeh,I'm Old) that was my Favorite was "Bicentenial N*****).Of course I Smoked alot of Pot in High school when listening to it. :P

Post #900,Thank You. :D

Collier11
1/12/2010, 02:45 AM
Gaffigan is awesome, saw him in Vegas

SoonerAtKU
1/12/2010, 12:25 PM
I saw Eddie Izzard this last Saturday. Very, very funny.

OUmillenium
1/12/2010, 02:20 PM
Eddie Murphy - Delirious and the one he did before that

TAFBSooner
1/12/2010, 02:33 PM
Condescending Sooner will let you have some Cheech and Chong albums really cheap. :D