PDA

View Full Version : You can learn stuff if you just pay attention

Okla-homey
7/5/2008, 06:36 PM
We went to a 4th party last evening. Fine folks. At said collation was the young daughter of the family and her husband of just shy of a year. These kids are in their early twenties and both OU grads.

Husband commenced to drinking pretty early. By 6pm, he was headed towards a full-on sousing.

After the fireworks, which were impressive because these folks live in the country and our host buys a bunch of bigguns every year, husband was plowed. Then, it got interesting.

Wife wanted to go home because she was tired. He wanted to stay and party. They had one car there, and, well...you can imagine.

Anyway, wife sez to her mother, Mom, will you tell him to get in that car so I can drive us home NOW!

Mom, to her great credit, because this ain't her first rodeo having married off two other daughters previously says, and I quote: "Absolutely not. I'm not getting involved. You and he will get home eventually. Or he'll pass out in the yard and you'll drive home alone. Tomorrow, this will all be over, but if I intervene now, he'll never forget I took your side. Therefore, deal with it daughter."

Great wisdom IMHO.

Curly Bill
7/5/2008, 06:40 PM
Was the young daughter hawt? I would have come and got her, then he could have been mad at me. ;) :D

...and yes, the MIL was indeed wise.

Okla-homey
7/5/2008, 06:43 PM
Was the young daughter hawt? I would have come and got her, then he could have been mad at me. ;) :D

...and yes, the MIL was indeed wise.

hotter than a two dollar pistol. srsly.

Curly Bill
7/5/2008, 06:46 PM
hotter than a two dollar pistol. srsly.

Ah yes, the ol' two dollar pistol. :D

soonerbrat
7/5/2008, 06:47 PM
men are pigs.

StoopTroup
7/5/2008, 06:50 PM
To bad most folks don't stay uninvolved.

Why some folks ask others to do their dirty work for them is beyond me.

I always enjoy the ones that ask me to do it and then b*tch about how I did it. They never ask me to help again though eva...:D

Sooner24
7/5/2008, 06:55 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.