PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama more like CARTER or CLINTON?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/4/2008, 11:03 AM
He has attributes of both of these men. Which is he more like and why?:

"Clinton may have been the First Black President, but Obama is the First Black Clinton!"-Beau Snerdley circa 6-30-08

Okla-homey
7/4/2008, 11:14 AM
I'd say he's both. Idealistic and inexperienced like JEC. Smarmy and slippery like WJC. A "twofer" if you will.

tommieharris91
7/4/2008, 11:17 AM
Over/under on how long this thread stays open: 5 days

I'm taking the over.

King Crimson
7/4/2008, 11:19 AM
wait, i deserve the credit for raising this great piece of comparative presidential history.:D

you guys were stuck in an either/or mode until i brought the question to bear...

7/4/2008, 11:21 AM
wait, i deserve the credit for raising this great piece of comparative presidential history.:D

you guys were stuck in an either/or mode until i brought the question to bear...OK, you're a freakin' HERO of some kind.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/4/2008, 11:30 AM
Too soon to tell.

If he becomes a failed President but has some achievements as an ex-president, then he's more like Carter.

If he becomes a successful President but an undistinguished ex-President, then he more like Clinton.

King Crimson
7/4/2008, 11:34 AM
what this is called: "is either BHO more like Clinton or Carter...." is what Cicero calls a "false dilemma" strategy in his writings on rhetoric. out of all contingencies, the orator (Bill Favor) present s two courses of action that are framed as the only possibilities as responses to a single exigence. thereby, the orator closes off any and all other possibilities.

for instance, i could start a thread that went: is John McCain four more years of Bush or not a real Conservative? thereby i exclude the possibility that he might be his own (2000 McCain) guy.

7/4/2008, 11:38 AM
what this is called: "is either BHO more like Clinton or Carter...." is what Cicero calls a "false dilemma" strategy in his writings on rhetoric. out of all contingencies, the orator (Bill Favor) present s two courses of action that are framed as the only possibilities as responses to a single exigence. thereby, the orator closes off any and all other possibilities.

for instance, i could start a thread that went: is John McCain four more years of Bush or not a real Conservative? thereby i exclude the possibility that he might be his own (2000 McCain) guy.You go right ahead with that.[hairGel]

JohnnyMack
7/4/2008, 12:26 PM
Is John McCain more like W or a corpse?

Hard to tell.

Flagstaffsooner
7/4/2008, 12:48 PM
More like John Kerry.

StoopTroup
7/4/2008, 12:49 PM
Carter with a Tan.

Okla-homey
7/4/2008, 02:12 PM
Carter with a Tan.

that's funny right there. i don't care who ya are.

they are both USNA grads.

Flagstaffsooner
7/4/2008, 02:19 PM
Carter with a Tan.Me wonders if he gets whiter through the campaign like Jacko?

7/4/2008, 02:43 PM
Me wonders if he gets whiter through the campaign like Jacko?It will at least happen on magazine covers, such as Time(to Bend Over).

King Crimson
7/4/2008, 03:35 PM
Time is hardly a liberal rag. you people amaze me.

Sooner24
7/4/2008, 04:00 PM
Time is hardly a liberal rag. you people amaze me.

You're right.

It's just a rag.

King Crimson
7/4/2008, 04:16 PM
You're right.

It's just a rag.

tru dat. but, since it's on the mag stand in every grocery checkout in America when the cover is "President Obama surrenders to Al Qaeda and abolishes the First Amendment on First Day of Office" with a pic of BHO staring abstractly off-camera, into the Golden Future....it'll mean something, apparently.

def_lazer_fc
7/4/2008, 04:59 PM
this is just like that questionnaire that colbert asks some of the congress member he talks to. George W Bush: great president? or greatest president?
:D