PDA

View Full Version : Stupid preseason picks

IronHorseSooner
7/4/2008, 08:51 AM
Yesterday, I was listening to Sporting News Radio with Tim Brando. He had on the non-coaching Bowden who decided to pick UTerus as his surprise national champion pick:eek: He said that was because their new D coordinator was going to get it done versus us. He also had TTECH as a surprise. I guess he has us 3rd in our own division??? I am convinced that none of the Bowdens know what they are doing or saying from moment to moment...Brando went on to have his top 10. I nearly had drink spewing out of my nose. His top 10 was this:

10. Penn State:confused:
9. UGA :confused:
8. UTerus :eek:
7. WVU (I actually agreed with that one)
6. US:mad: He even tried to sing Boomer Sooner, and sang Boomer Schooner?:confused:
5. Clemson (they will be good, but not #5 good)
4. tOSU (I really have no argument here)
3. FLA (I hope they get a defense, and he said that they had the best offense at this level???)
2. SUC (No true argument, but I hope their WRs and TEs step up)
1. Mizzou :eek: That's right, my friends and fellow countrymen, Chase will win him one! He said that their defense is good, but underrated? You mean the one that we averaged 40 points against last year?

You know, this has been said before, but I don't think that I could be that stupid to be a sports commentator.

soonerfan28
7/4/2008, 09:04 AM
The only thing Chase will win is the booger eating championship. The other top 5 are good minus Clemson. Does Penn St even have a QB and Texas won't even be in the top 10 at the end of the season.

Charla
7/4/2008, 10:23 AM
If Mizzou is Nat. Champ caliber that would make us world class. Oh thats right we have been for ever.

SoonerinSouthlake
7/4/2008, 11:55 AM
I understand, sort of, the ebs and flows of media darlings and flavours of the month....Im just REALLY missing what people have seen in Mizzou. Why do they want them to wear the glass slipper so badly?

sooner94
7/4/2008, 12:46 PM
Mizzou lost one of their TE's and their RB from last year. They still have the other TE and Maclin, not not as many weapons as last year.

I don't think they will be as good next year as they were last year. I think they are Top 15, but not Top 5.

Just my 2 cents.

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 01:32 PM
Mizzou lost one of their TE's and their RB from last year. They still have the other TE and Maclin, not not as many weapons as last year.

I don't think they will be as good next year as they were last year. I think they are Top 15, but not Top 5.

Just my 2 cents.

I think Bradford has a better year then Chase, his size is a huge disadvantage for him. I honestly think teams are going to learn how to stop him (chase) since he can barley see over the offensive line.

SoonerinSouthlake
7/4/2008, 01:39 PM

Just my 2 cents.

I believe they will have a GOOD year....just not a top 5-10 year. The will ring up some nice wins....maybe even pull an upset. But if/when they play a big time team....its over.

The system they run is one kinda like TTech. They can keep plugging guys into it and yield the same GOOD results.

Sooner_09
7/4/2008, 01:51 PM
Just another reason for mizzou fans to be even more cocky this season

Seamus
7/4/2008, 02:32 PM
his size is a huge disadvantage for him. I honestly think teams are going to learn how to stop him (chase) since he can barley see over the offensive line.

I think the Missouri coaches have already figured that out; hence; the large number of rollouts, bootlegs and QB run/draws they run.

Using his size as a knock is a specious argument -- at this level, at least. I don't understand why people have to bedowngrade our opponents. We play some really good players, and Chase is one of them. It just makes it all sweeter when we beat their arses.

oudivesherpa
7/4/2008, 02:51 PM
Mizzo, will lose their first game to Illinois. The Big XII South however, will be very strong--except for Baylor all of the Big XII south should make it to a bowl game and I predict, two teams from the South will be in BCS games.

silverwheels
7/4/2008, 02:56 PM
Mizzou's not losing to Illinois after what the Illini lost this past offseason.

soonerfan28
7/4/2008, 03:15 PM
They almost lost to Illinois last year without the Juice and they are going down this year. What makes me sick is people jumping on the ****ing Mizzou bandwagon after they had one great year. When they put 2 good seasons together let me know and I'll believe until then they suck *** and I'll still believe Chase is only good at eating his boogers. Last year at this time nobody was talking about how great Mizzou was. They surprised people last year, but it won't happen this year. The only reason they might win the North is because Kansas is the only competition.

Flagstaffsooner
7/4/2008, 03:30 PM
Why are you even discussing what Dildo Bowden says?

silverwheels
7/4/2008, 03:46 PM
They almost lost to Illinois last year without the Juice and they are going down this year. What makes me sick is people jumping on the ****ing Mizzou bandwagon after they had one great year. When they put 2 good seasons together let me know and I'll believe until then they suck *** and I'll still believe Chase is only good at eating his boogers. Last year at this time nobody was talking about how great Mizzou was. They surprised people last year, but it won't happen this year. The only reason they might win the North is because Kansas is the only competition.

Exactly. You're just picking Illinois because you hate Mizzou. The Tigers will win again this year. Lest we forget that they had a 3 TD lead in the game last year. Illinois lost Lymon and Mendenhall. They won't win.

sooner94
7/4/2008, 05:36 PM
One thing I remember about our games against Mizzou the last couple of years is how our D seems to figure out Mizzou's O as the game goes on. Mizzou started strong in the 2006 regular season game and the 2007 Big 12 Champ game, and then we really locked them down as the game went on.

They always seem to run a no huddle series against us that works, then we lock it down.

Last year's regular season game was a little odd. We would have won it going away in the second half, but stupid turnovers let them back into it.

And their D can't stop our O.

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 06:27 PM
One thing I remember about our games against Mizzou the last couple of years is how our D seems to figure out Mizzou's O as the game goes on. Mizzou started strong in the 2006 regular season game and the 2007 Big 12 Champ game, and then we really locked them down as the game went on.

They always seem to run a no huddle series against us that works, then we lock it down.

Last year's regular season game was a little odd. We would have won it going away in the second half, but stupid turnovers let them back into it.

And their D can't stop our O.

Yes our D figured them out. And so will most of the big 12 teams this year.

illinisooner
7/4/2008, 08:55 PM
Exactly. You're just picking Illinois because you hate Mizzou. The Tigers will win again this year. Lest we forget that they had a 3 TD lead in the game last year. Illinois lost Lymon and Mendenhall. They won't win.

They lost Leman and Mendenhall, and Mizzou had a 3 TD lead for most of the game because Juice was out for the majority of the game. Obviously I'm an Illini fan, but I think they've got a decent shot at pulling the upset. I wouldn't pick it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mizzou lost. Illinois shot themselves in the foot a few times, fumbling on the Mizzou goal line, and throwing a pick in the end zone late in the game.

soonerfan28
7/4/2008, 10:40 PM
I don't hate Mizzou. I hate the people who have jumped on the bandwagon after 1 year. I hope every program in the Big 12 is successful just not against us because it's better for the conference but so many people have come out of nowhere to praise a Missouri program that hasn't proven anything other then the fact that they are consistently mediocre. They had good players in 2006 and they were average. They had 1 good year, so let's pat them on the back and send them back to where they belong. They have Maclin and that is it. THEY DON'T HAVE A RUNNING GAME SO THEY ARE 1 DEMENSIONAL! Tell me how they are going to be great when teams only have to stop Maclin and they beat Missouri. Coffman hasn't had any pressure on him beacause he had Rucker there, but now it is all him, so I don't think teams will have to worry about him much.

silverwheels
7/4/2008, 11:53 PM
Whether you hate Mizzou or the bandwagon, it doesn't matter. Missouri was better than Illinois last year, and from the looks of things, it will be the same this year.

illinisooner
7/5/2008, 01:38 AM
I saw the new Mizzou football commercial while watching the Cards game on FSN-Midwest tonight...it's funny. There are some kids standing around saying "Remember when Coffman jumped over (someone I can't remember)" and recollecting other similar moments (that don't include getting pwned by us). Then some football players, Maclin and Coffman, I think, come in and say something like "wait till this year!" and the kids go crazy. It's so cute how they're trying to make their football program big time!

goingoneight
7/5/2008, 01:41 AM
The only thing that gets me is when I watch Missouri, I think of Hawaii, Texas Tech and the like. Sure they can beat you... but elite-level talented teams (no... coachless one-man-team Arkansas doesn't count) can line up and run it up on them. Their offense has been good, but can anyoen honestly say that they're wowed by what they do? My god, Chase Daniel has the worst so-called "play-fake" in the conference. Why do you think we dominated them so much? Because OUr guys simply watched what he was doing and read it like a book. Dude's got arm-strength and accuracy, but he's not some force to be reckoned with who blows you away with his superb ability to trick out defenses.

OU_Sooners75
7/6/2008, 04:49 AM
I believe they will have a GOOD year....just not a top 5-10 year. The will ring up some nice wins....maybe even pull an upset. But if/when they play a big time team....its over.

The system they run is one kinda like TTech. They can keep plugging guys into it and yield the same GOOD results.

Missouri will finish with 3-4 losses this season.

And after the first weekend of the season. The media will forget about them.

That's right. Illinois will pull that "upset."

They will lose to KU and Nebraska as well.

There is one and only one reason the media is sucking the balls of Missouri right now.

They won a bowl game and was ranked #1 for less than a week.

I seriously hope all media will conitnue to underestimate OU this year.

I have a feeling Sooner Magic and the determination to finish will be with this team in 2008.

OU_Sooners75
7/6/2008, 04:51 AM
Mizzou's not losing to Illinois after what the Illini lost this past offseason.

And that is exactly what?

One good RB?

silverwheels
7/6/2008, 01:36 PM
And that is exactly what?

One good RB?

And the leader of their defense. Seriously, you guys are acting like Illinois "gave the game away" last season (snicker), when the only time they led was early in the first quarter.

oudivesherpa
7/6/2008, 03:46 PM
Mizzo, plays three Big XII South teams in 08, OSU, Texas and Baylor. It's not a hard to envision Mizzo losing two of those three games and Baylor (yes, Baylor) will cover. They may still win the Big XII north, but it will be a real stretch. Mizzo, will not be number one in the country or in the Big XII.

starrca23
7/6/2008, 04:21 PM
Bottom Line: Until they prove it on the field (beat OU), we will continue to doubt Mizzou.

Salt City Sooner
7/6/2008, 04:23 PM
OSU goes to Columbia & unless the pokes get that D shored up in a big, BIG way, it's going to be hard to not envision MU hanging 50-60 points on them. Texas & possibly NU are their only difficult road games, & they get NU early enough in the year (1st conference game for both teams, 5th overall) that it's a good possibility that Bo hasn't got their D quite turned around just yet. Their other roadies are Baylor & ISU (two teams they absolutely should beat) & the KU game @ Arrowhead. Considering the fact that KU draws UT, TTU, & a trip to Norman as their South games, I find it difficult NOT seeing the Tigers making a return trip to the CCG.

goingoneight
7/6/2008, 06:12 PM
I saw the new Mizzou football commercial while watching the Cards game on FSN-Midwest tonight...it's funny. There are some kids standing around saying "Remember when Coffman jumped over (someone I can't remember)" and recollecting other similar moments (that don't include getting pwned by us). Then some football players, Maclin and Coffman, I think, come in and say something like "wait till this year!" and the kids go crazy. It's so cute how they're trying to make their football program big time!

Remember when Coffman tried to jump over Lofton? He got picked up and thrown back on the ground. Symbolic of what happened to them last year. Slapped back down to reality.

goingoneight
7/6/2008, 06:15 PM
And the leader of their defense. Seriously, you guys are acting like Illinois "gave the game away" last season (snicker), when the only time they led was early in the first quarter.

Easy to beat someone when your QB sits out 3/4 of the game... see: OU vs. Texas Tech 2007.

soonerfan28
7/6/2008, 10:18 PM
Nobody expected anything out of Missouri last year and they had a good year. The pressure is on this year and they will fold. Chase couldn't lead that team even if he was hyped up on booger burgers. The last time they had double digit wins was 1960. They have always been mediocre and will continue to be.

silverwheels
7/7/2008, 02:45 AM
Easy to beat someone when your QB sits out 3/4 of the game... see: OU vs. Texas Tech 2007.

Yeah, because Juice was so good last year...