PDA

View Full Version : Owens vs Jarboe

soonerfan28
7/3/2008, 11:05 PM
Owens vs Jarboe. I think one of these guys is going to see the field next year, but was just curious who everyone thought the guy would be. Any opinions?
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5923/owensdg3.jpg vs http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/76/jarboezd2.jpg

Crimson Kid
7/3/2008, 11:20 PM
I think jarboe.

goingoneight
7/4/2008, 12:33 AM
Personally, I think every damn one of the young guys needs to see the field so that if Gresham and Murray leave, Sam isn't going to be THE only person with experience in a little place called Miami early 2009.

They'll at least get to know the stadium well, being in the MNC and all. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
7/4/2008, 12:42 AM
Personally, I think every damn one of the young guys needs to see the field so that if Gresham and Murray leave, Sam isn't going to be THE only person with experience in a little place called Miami early 2009.

They'll at least get to know the stadium well, being in the MNC and all. :D

I m with you..I think both see the field

OU_Sooners75
7/4/2008, 01:58 AM
Personally, if any of the new kids deserve to play, then I say let them play.

If they need to work on their routes, speed, hands, etc, then redshirt them and let the experience we have continue to blow past the opponents.

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 02:02 AM
Owens has the edge right now just because he has not been a jackass this year, but I really hope Jarboe makes a mark this fall to let everybody know he is for real.

OU_Sooners75
7/4/2008, 02:05 AM
Owens has the edge right now just because he has not been a jackass this year, but I really hope Jarboe makes a mark this fall to let everybody know he is for real.

Owens has the edge because he hasn't been a jackass?

LOL

We know Jarboe did something foolish but come on. There is a reason he was the higher ranked WR coming out of HS.

I have seen Owens play, he is very talented. I think both have got great futures.

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 02:12 AM
I'm just saying I could see Stoops RS Jarboe to see what the boy can handle.

OU_Sooners75
7/4/2008, 02:24 AM
I'm just saying I could see Stoops RS Jarboe to see what the boy can handle.

Why would Stoops redshirt someone that will be 3 and gone? Might as well get all the play out of the kid that you can.

OU-HSV
7/4/2008, 02:25 AM
I'm gonna say Jarboe.

I watched B.A. and muskogee play last season and I wasn't too impressed by Owens. I'm not trying to dog on the guy, just saying he had a slow start and maybe he just had an off game or something.

But truthfully I hope they both are so talented we don't have to pick between the 2!

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 02:33 AM
Sam wasn't really that impressive in high school, and look at him now. There's been lots of 5 star players to come through schools and end up not producing. Don't get me wrong I hope both of these guys are great this year. I don't think DM will enter the draft, but then again if we win the national championship this year, he probably will. Just because that would mean he would have had one hell of a year.

soonerfan28
7/4/2008, 08:00 AM
I'm gonna say Jarboe.

I watched B.A. and muskogee play last season and I wasn't too impressed by Owens. I'm not trying to dog on the guy, just saying he had a slow start and maybe he just had an off game or something.

But truthfully I hope they both are so talented we don't have to pick between the 2!

I understand what you are saying, but then again he didn't have a D-1 QB throwing to him. Rivals and ESPN had Jarboe ahead of Owens, but scout had Owens and Miller ahead of Jarboe.

sitzpinkler
7/4/2008, 08:40 AM
I don't think either of them will be seeing the field that much this season. Remember, Ryan Broyles was slated to be a starter as a freshman before he screwed up and he's back on the team this year. If he is still up to par I see him starting. Also, Quentin Chaney looked really good towards the end of last season. If he carries that momentum into this season, he'll be one hell of a target for Sam. Adron Tennell also looks really good.

soonerfan28
7/4/2008, 08:47 AM
Isn't Tennell still injured and Chaney seems to have all of the skill, but can't seem to put it together consistently when it counts. I could see Broyles starting in the slot with Johnson and Iglesias. I think we still have Caleb in there somewhere, but not sure of where he is on the depth chart. I think talent wise one of these two will get out there.

sitzpinkler
7/4/2008, 09:19 AM
Chaney was pretty consistent towards the end of the season. I'm not sure about Tennell's injuries.

Man, we are stacked at reciever. Whoever starts, Sam should have plenty of nice targets.

MojoRisen
7/4/2008, 09:25 AM
I looked at the highlights, Owens is college ready now - he looks like a linebacker with 4-4 speed. I think he plays a lot this year

soonerfan28
7/4/2008, 10:17 AM
I just wanted to let anybody who cared know that you can look at all the articles on oklahoma.scout.com until the 6th without having to have a membership and they had a nice article about Jarboe.

OU-HSV
7/4/2008, 10:57 AM
I understand what you are saying, but then again he didn't have a D-1 QB throwing to him. Rivals and ESPN had Jarboe ahead of Owens, but scout had Owens and Miller ahead of Jarboe.

That's a good point.

One thing I liked about watching Owens play in that B.A. game is that it seemed like he was on the field the whole game..other than on Defense. I mean I think he punted for them, returned punts, returned kicks, and obviously played WR. So he's hella athletic. Plus Muskogee isn't a slouch of a Program, so to be a standout player at multiple positions is great stuff.

soonerfan28
7/4/2008, 12:22 PM
That's a good point.

One thing I liked about watching Owens play in that B.A. game is that it seemed like he was on the field the whole game..other than on Defense. I mean I think he punted for them, returned punts, returned kicks, and obviously played WR. So he's hella athletic. Plus Muskogee isn't a slouch of a Program, so to be a standout player at multiple positions is great stuff.

Didn't he play some QB his senior year or was that his junior year when Rell Lewis went down? I think Bradford is going to make a lot of people look good this year. I'm not saying that Greshman or any of the other receivers need his help, but he is going to be an improved QB with a season and another spring under his belt.

OU-HSV
7/4/2008, 01:06 PM
Didn't he play some QB his senior year or was that his junior year when Rell Lewis went down? I think Bradford is going to make a lot of people look good this year. I'm not saying that Greshman or any of the other receivers need his help, but he is going to be an improved QB with a season and another spring under his belt.

Owens playing QB seems kinda familiar to me.
I was talking to my uncle who's a big Texas Tech fan last night and he was telling me that he thought Tech landed a QB from Muskogee that they plan to convert to a WR.
Does anyone know who that player is? Is that the "Rell" guy you mentioned?

bstuff1979
7/4/2008, 01:12 PM
Of course this doesn't have anything to do with reality, but Owens is tearing it up in year 2 of my NCAA dynasty. Jermie Calhoun has bypassed Brown on the depth chart and notre dame is 1-1 with a top 25 ranking after getting demolished by Penn State. All in all, fairly realistic.

Sooner_09
7/4/2008, 02:00 PM
Pete Richardson is a RB turned CB from Muskogee

OU-HSV
7/4/2008, 02:08 PM
Of course this doesn't have anything to do with reality, but Owens is tearing it up in year 2 of my NCAA dynasty. Jermie Calhoun has bypassed Brown on the depth chart and notre dame is 1-1 with a top 25 ranking after getting demolished by Penn State. All in all, fairly realistic.

How do you have the new game already???

bstuff1979
7/4/2008, 02:18 PM
How do you have the new game already???

Not the new game, it's 2008. I downloaded the rosters from last season and then plugged in OU's higher profile recruits w/ correct height/weight/number last Sunday. Yeah, there wasn't much going on last Sunday.

OU-HSV
7/4/2008, 02:35 PM
Not the new game, it's 2008. I downloaded the rosters from last season and then plugged in OU's higher profile recruits w/ correct height/weight/number last Sunday. Yeah, there wasn't much going on last Sunday.

Oh okay. So you're not actually using the legit true freshman that are current true freshman this coming season.
We won't really know what ratings they'll each have and how good our true freshman are until this new game hits stores July 15th. I'm looking forward to that.

soonerfan28
7/4/2008, 03:09 PM
Owens playing QB seems kinda familiar to me.
I was talking to my uncle who's a big Texas Tech fan last night and he was telling me that he thought Tech landed a QB from Muskogee that they plan to convert to a WR.
Does anyone know who that player is? Is that the "Rell" guy you mentioned?

Rell Lewis a QB turned WR for Kansas. 2007 class.

OU-HSV
7/4/2008, 03:40 PM
Rell Lewis a QB turned WR for Kansas. 2007 class.

Hmm. Well I wonder who my uncle is talking about. I'll look at tech's website and see if I can figure it out.

adoniijahsooner
7/5/2008, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=goingoneight;2330126]Personally, I think every damn one of the young guys needs to see the field so that if Gresham and Murray leave, Sam isn't going to be THE only person with experience in a little place called Miami early 2009.

I think Dejaun Miller will see the field before Owens. I am not sure about Jarboe because of what happened, and stoops may have let him prove himself as a upstanding citizen before he puts him on the field. I think experience is overrated in college as far as reciever is concerned. Michael Crabtree didnt play a down prior to breaking all those records, and I believe that is due to him having an experienced QB that could get him the ball.

OU_Sooners75
7/6/2008, 04:34 AM

And if you look at things, you will know that Scout/Fox/CFB news.com is a joke of a recruiting service.

olevetonahill
7/6/2008, 06:40 AM
Yall get a Life !

soonerfan28
7/6/2008, 08:18 AM
And if you look at things, you will know that Scout/Fox/CFB news.com is a joke of a recruiting service.

That was my point. Just look at how they ranked the top signing classes.

OU-HSV
7/6/2008, 08:54 AM
Yall get a Life !

Says the man who posted this early this morning:

Mark it down . at 5:22 in the am On 7-6- 08
Olevet was the OnlY reg Memeber On line

:D ;)