PDA

View Full Version : Homey, what are the odds of the NFA opening up?

Jerk
7/3/2008, 07:54 PM
I don't expect that full-autos will become legal for any joe blow who fills out a brady form, but I think that newly registered machine guns right off the assembly-line (providing you can afford the CLEO sign-off and $200 tax) are imminent. I expect something like this based off of Heller: "No squad automatics like M-60's (anything belt-fed), but M-16's and the like are constitutionally protected." God bless GWB and the Catholics. Based on the opinion by Scalia, these toys will still be regulated under the NFA, subjected to registration and taxes, but they won't be able to refuse a form if the applicant is a non-felon. FYI, the ATF stopped accepting these forms in 1986 per congressional law.

Okla-homey
7/3/2008, 08:09 PM
I don't expect that full-autos will become legal for any joe blow who fills out a brady form, but I think that newly registered machine guns right off the assembly-line (providing you can afford the CLEO sign-off and $200 tax) are imminent. I expect something like this based off of Heller: "No squad automatics like M-60's (anything belt-fed), but M-16's and the like are constitutionally protected." God bless GWB and the Catholics. Based on the opinion by Scalia, these toys will still be regulated under the NFA, subjected to registration and taxes, but they won't be able to refuse a form if the applicant is a non-felon. FYI, the ATF stopped accepting these forms in 1986 per congressional law.

I don't see full-auto's commonly approved for non-collectors in our lifetime.

Jerk
7/3/2008, 08:10 PM
That's a bunch of crap! :mad:

You know how cool a 10/22 would be with a fun switch :cool:

Okla-homey
7/3/2008, 08:12 PM
That's a bunch of crap! :mad:

Just be happy semi's appear safe. After all, even the M-4's carried by our kids in combat are only capable of three-round burst.

Jerk
7/3/2008, 08:14 PM
Just be happy semi's appear safe. After all, even the M-4's carried by our kids in combat are only capable of three-round burst.

Yeah, aimed rifle fire wins every time. I edited my last post after you read it, so I'll say it again:

Do you know how friggin cool it would be to have a full-auto 10/22?

Okla-homey
7/3/2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, aimed rifle fire wins every time. I edited my last post after you read it, so I'll say it again:

Do you know how friggin cool it would be to have a full-auto 10/22?

Yep, But you know, let's be clear. The right to have fun is reasonably trumped. Even under a very strict interpretation of the literal meaning of the Constitution. In a nutshell, that's why it won't happen. IMHO.

Jerk
7/3/2008, 08:32 PM
Yep, But you know, let's be clear. The right to have fun is reasonably trumped. Even under a very strict interpretation of the literal meaning of the Constitution. In a nutshell, that's why it won't happen. IMHO.

Oh well, I guess aimed fire is better than spray and pray.

It sure would be fun to have a "SHTF" switch on my AR-15, though.