PDA

View Full Version : 'Sam Bradford sucks' thread on Hornfans -

OK2LA
7/3/2008, 01:04 PM
It seems to have disappeared. Anyone save that, have link, or have a version saved - so that it is still visible? I'm afraid that might have been permanently deleted from their archives. That was always a great thread to read that kept popping up throughout the year last year. (getting bumped mostly by Sooner fans)

-Bored in the offseason

silverwheels
7/3/2008, 01:12 PM
I'm pretty sure they deleted it out of embarrassment.

auto
7/3/2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah I brought it back to the top later in the year and they banned me, cockmunches.

Outopia
7/3/2008, 08:18 PM
It was a classic foot-in-mouth thread, not unlike many our aggie brethern produce.

goingoneight
7/4/2008, 12:34 AM
I read a whole lot of whorn and aggy posts saying "bookmark this" and "bookmark that" regarding statements made by OU fans last year. I wonder is they still have all those quotes bookmarked? :D

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 02:04 AM
whats the site for the longhorn message boards?

OU_Sooners75
7/4/2008, 02:06 AM
whats the site for the longhorn message boards?

Trust me. If you want to keep your IQ high, don't visit it.

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 03:39 AM
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/sammy-1.jpg

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 03:41 AM
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/sammy1.jpg

NormanPride
7/4/2008, 08:28 AM
Before we all get too excited, let's remember that their studly quarterback had a slumpy season last year, his sophomore year, so the same thing could happen to Sam, after losing a sure-target WR like MK.

However, before we get too non-defensive of Sam, another studly freshman quarterback out there had a wonderful sophomore season last year: Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow.

So, resident whorns (are we down to resident whorn, singular form now?), will Sam be Colt, or will Sam be Tebow?

HEISMAN TROPHY WINNING SOPHOMORE SAM BRADFORD!
:D

(this is badger)

IronHorseSooner
7/4/2008, 08:33 AM
Before we all get too excited, let's remember that their studly quarterback had a slumpy season last year, his sophomore year, so the same thing could happen to Sam, after losing a sure-target WR like MK.

A lot of Colt's problems last year had to do with having a crappy, inexperienced, rebuilt line. Sam won't have that problem.

King Crimson
7/4/2008, 08:44 AM
A lot of Colt's problems last year had to do with having a crappy, inexperienced, rebuilt line. Sam won't have that problem.

that's true. i wouldn't be surprised to see Sam struggle a little but not in the long term.

the greatest events in horn boards history are:

1. the unbelievable smug trash talking all through the summer of 2000 at hornfans (true delusions of world domination) about how Mack's time was here and we were an afterthought to "Mister Football". then we were up 42-0 at halftime in October.

2. the inexplicable saga and disappearance of Bob Wheeler at the longhorn fanzone. which was actually kind of cool board, IMO.

3. the inevitable banning(s) or mysterious "username deleted" message from Katie at hornfans back inna day.

4. anytime hornfans crashes when the horns fail to convert on 3rd and 3 in the second quarter against Rice.

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 10:40 AM
Ya Sam had a really great offensive line, but his accuracy is above and beyond offensive lines. Yes the oline helps, but he did a lot on his own.

Sooner_09
7/4/2008, 02:05 PM
Accuracy doesn't mean squat if you've got guys in your face

SoonerinSouthlake
7/4/2008, 04:13 PM
Accuracy doesn't mean squat if you've got guys in your face

See highlights of Fiesta bowl

JLEW1818
7/4/2008, 04:20 PM
Sam still had a 63.6 passing percentage in the fiesta bowl. The oline sucked and Sam was still accurate. I would worry more about Bob Stoops then Sam Bradford. I'm not saying I'm worried about Stoops, but Sam is at the top. Sam never lost a game last year, the defense and special teams did. 28 and 24 points should be good enough to win any game if your defense is good enough. I'm not dogging our D or special teams I'm just saying Bradford did better in the fiesta bowl the most people think.
JMO

bringit
7/4/2008, 05:31 PM
Bradford seems like he sucks

JLB
7/4/2008, 07:05 PM
Bradfords very good and will only get better.He will put up some excellent numbers this year in route to the National Championship game.
Boomer sooner!

SoonerinSouthlake
7/5/2008, 09:39 AM
Sam still had a 63.6 passing percentage in the fiesta bowl. The oline sucked and Sam was still accurate. I would worry more about Bob Stoops then Sam Bradford. I'm not saying I'm worried about Stoops, but Sam is at the top. Sam never lost a game last year, the defense and special teams did. 28 and 24 points should be good enough to win any game if your defense is good enough. I'm not dogging our D or special teams I'm just saying Bradford did better in the fiesta bowl the most people think.
JMO

Didn’t realize that his stats were that good in the game. It just seemed like the pressure got to him a bit that night. Maybe I was just so sick about the butt whipping that I was perceiving something different

SoonerInLubbock
7/5/2008, 11:16 AM
Bradford seems like he sucks

Wow!!! I don't even know how to respond to this.

Salt City Sooner
7/5/2008, 11:55 AM
Wow!!! I don't even know how to respond to this.
It's a quote from the hornfans thread. Don't let it bug ya too much. ;)

silverwheels
7/5/2008, 01:45 PM
That's the title of the thread, actually.

JLEW1818
7/5/2008, 02:01 PM
I only live a couple hours from A&M. I want to try and get tickets to the game but sit with the sooner fan section. How can I make this possible ? Thanks.

goingoneight
7/6/2008, 01:13 AM
Reasons for a sophomore slump are always the same...

1. It's never the same team, top-to-bottom, never the same schedule and dance, either.
2. Guys who come out guns blazing like Colt and Sam did always are expected to take on a lot more playbook in year two. It's a tough part, but a vital part of their development.
3. Even the brightest, most gifted and classy athlete experiences a sense of entitlement from time to time.
4. People know who you are now. You literally HAVE to take your game to a higher level to repeat your n00b stats. They WANT to beat you, and sell out to do so. You won't hear a single person next year talk about how Sam Bradford was this weak high school QB who can't cut it in D-1. They know now. Granted, some folks in orange will always be stupid enough to doubt... but they really don't matter in the great scheme of things.
5. Expectations cause more butterflies than any rookie will ever have. Remember all the people worshipping Paul Thompson in 2003? Those same people who thought he was better than White booed him off the field in 2005, and proceeded to do so when he had to take over for a single snap against aTm later in the year. Fans are fans, and they're great to have, but you can't deny they can be harsh, especially on a quarterback.
6. Coaches can be harsh as well. They don't praise you for every "baby step" or positive outcome. They rip you for throwing that pass across your body, they scream at you for that fumble and they look down on you in the heat of a competitive matchup for not making that play they felt you should have made. If you don't think bad coach-to-player mojo can hurt a team, you don't know the game.
7. You're no longer a pleasant surprise... anything less than perfect is grounds for constant media and "fan" torture.

Tim Tebow lucked into the situation that he had great coaches and mentors on a National Championship team with a fanbase eager to see him succeed. UF fans were just as aprehensive about Tebow the starter as we were BradforNicHalzle the starter. They were just eager to tee up and kickoff and their quarterback was their guy. He wasn't like a Chris Leak or a Chad Henne, where the fans could respect his effort and results... anything less than perfect for those guys was unacceptable.

Colt... and unfortunately Sam for that matter are different than Tebow. Their fans have tasted what they had to offer, and will be more demanding as they are/were sophomores. Tebow's expectations will be much the same now that he has that trophy and that loaded team to work with. We'll see if Sam becomes a playmaker, or just continues stride... both of which are majorly positive. Sometimes the better quarterback isn't necessarily the guy with better stats in year two. See: Josh Heupel.

OU_Sooners75
7/6/2008, 04:22 AM

However, before we get too non-defensive of Sam, another studly freshman quarterback out there had a wonderful sophomore season last year: Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow.

So, resident whorns (are we down to resident whorn, singular form now?), will Sam be Colt, or will Sam be Tebow?

HEISMAN TROPHY WINNING SOPHOMORE SAM BRADFORD!
:D

(this is badger)

Yes he could have a "slumpy" season.

However, the difference between what Bradford has to deal with and what McCoy had to deal with was the OL.

McCoy's OL going into his sophomore season had to replace 3 OL. And it showed.

Bradford will have one of, if not, the best OL's blocking for him this year.

OU_Sooners75
7/6/2008, 04:29 AM
6. Coaches can be harsh as well. They don't praise you for every "baby step" or positive outcome. They rip you for throwing that pass across your body, they scream at you for that fumble and they look down on you in the heat of a competitive matchup for not making that play they felt you should have made. If you don't think bad coach-to-player mojo can hurt a team, you don't know the game.

They praise the players more than you think.

They do not rip a player because of a mistake, but they do teach them and show them what they did wrong. The more you do it though, they do start to rip you. If you do something right, they tell them about it. Not really a praise everytime, but they do give that-a-boy's. At least any good coaching staff will. It keeps the players minds in a positive prespective.

You seem pretty bright, but I honestly doubt you played this sport past High School, or you would know this.

Theskipster
7/9/2008, 10:09 AM
We really should be prepared for Sam to do somewhat worse this year. For quarterbacks who start as a freshman, almost all of them regress towards the mean in the next season. Worse than average quarterbacks improve and better than average quarterbacks regress.

The trends predict that Sam will drop about 40 points in qb rating this year.

While I see his rating drop this year, I really don't believe the drop will be as much as the stats suggest because OU has an even better running game than last year with Demarco as the featured back and Chris Brown for power running which will help the passing game. The best pass blocking line also returns with better depth. And OU still has a solid set of receivers. I'm guessing a 20 point drop in the qb rating especially with the loss of Malcolm Kelly.

JLEW1818
7/9/2008, 12:54 PM
I don't care if he does worse. Just as long as we win every game!! hehe.

TexasLidig8r
7/9/2008, 03:27 PM

(this is badger)

Badge, as pointed out by some on here, the offensive line play will in great part, determine Bradford's results this year. He is more experienced of course which should result in ever improving decision making.

From what I saw of him last year, Bradford had the freshman's tendency to not progress all the way through his reads and lock on to receivers. With a year and spring training under his belt, he is much more likely to know your offense significantly better and will be better at calling audibles. Your experienced offensive line should give him the time to progress a bit more through his reads.

A lot of Colt's issues can be traced to the offensive line... it was a triage unit. Added to this is the fact that Colt made some poor decisions in the passing game as well.

Bradford will not approach Tebow status, but his numbers should exceed Colt's from his sophomore year.

badger
7/9/2008, 03:42 PM
Badge, as pointed out by some on here, the offensive line play will in great part, determine Bradford's results this year. He is more experienced of course which should result in ever improving decision making.

From what I saw of him last year, Bradford had the freshman's tendency to not progress all the way through his reads and lock on to receivers. With a year and spring training under his belt, he is much more likely to know your offense significantly better and will be better at calling audibles. Your experienced offensive line should give him the time to progress a bit more through his reads.

A lot of Colt's issues can be traced to the offensive line... it was a triage unit. Added to this is the fact that Colt made some poor decisions in the passing game as well.

Bradford will not approach Tebow status, but his numbers should exceed Colt's from his sophomore year.

Well whowdy, resident whorn :D

(singular form, no longer plural)

Do you miss Jevan Sneed? Think he could have done better than Colt by now? I really hope that Sam stays healthy.

TexasLidig8r
7/9/2008, 05:25 PM
Well whowdy, resident whorn :D

(singular form, no longer plural)

Do you miss Jevan Sneed? Think he could have done better than Colt by now? I really hope that Sam stays healthy.

Howdy Little Badgerette. Can't wait to see what our bet on the game will be this year!

As for Sneed... a million dollar arm and could be a ten cent head. I didn't like the fact that he originally committed to Florida and backed out when Tebow committed. Then, when he didn't think he'd get playing time at Texas (which was probably the truth), he goes to a school he can start. Showed a certain amount of lack of substance.

Colt is a very good transitional quarterback. Ironically, if he continues to play as he has, he will set most of the UT passing records. This Gilbert kid, a QB going into his senior year of high school, who is a strong UT commit, is the second ranked high school QB in the nation... and could be something special. On the other hand, he could end up like Brandon Stewart (who went to Tennessee and then transferred to aggy when this kid named.. oh.. Manning started over him) whose career was simply.. meh.

And,.. here's hoping that all of our young athletes stay healthy.

badger
7/9/2008, 05:31 PM
Colt is a very good transitional quarterback. Ironically, if he continues to play as he has, he will set most of the UT passing records. This Gilbert kid, a QB going into his senior year of high school, who is a strong UT commit, is the second ranked high school QB in the nation... and could be something special. On the other hand, he could end up like Brandon Stewart (who went to Tennessee and then transferred to aggy when this kid named.. oh.. Manning started over him) whose career was simply.. meh.

And,.. here's hoping that all of our young athletes stay healthy.

That is, of course, assuming he doesn't do the NFL thaaaang like VY did a year early. After a certain Texas-state QB with the initials BR... Brett something, I wouldn't take recruiting rankings too seriously, especially for QB's. I mean, when's the last time a highly touted Big 12 QB made waves in the NFL? Before you mention VY, remember that he had ONE good year... in college. So please don't mention him. Most Big 12 highly touted QB's end up transferring and/or getting benched. It's the less-starred ones that work hard and go on to start and star, right?

Oh... and the bet will have to be more fun than last year. We have several months to decide how to publicly humiliate you. I will entertain ideas between now and then :D