PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Likker Store...

Lott's Bandana
7/3/2008, 10:08 AM
...and why?

I just got a new one. It is in Noble and has these two cute chicas workin there that obviously have spent some time on da Harley's (Harlies?), wear really tight graphic tank tops and play the XM dance music station really loud as so they can dance around the store while they help us happy customers.

Simply a piece of classic small-town Americana (and frankly, awesome marketing!)

royalfan5
7/3/2008, 10:09 AM
The Still in Lincoln can't be beat for price or selection.

C&CDean
7/3/2008, 10:16 AM
...and why?

I just got a new one. It is in Noble and has these two cute chicas workin there that obviously have spent some time on da Harley's (Harlies?), wear really tight graphic tank tops and play the XM dance music station really loud as so they can dance around the store while they help us happy customers.

Simply a piece of classic small-town Americana (and frankly, awesome marketing!)

That's called "Shots" and I buy my booze there all the time. It's on the way home.

The one dark haired chick isn't a Harley chick - she's more of a Goth/Joan Jett/Alice Cooper looking thing. I guess I'd call her cute, but I ain't sure I'd hit it. I'm pretty sure she's been around the block a time or two.

The other girl is pretty cute.

The guy that owns it also owns Penny Hill subs. Big Sooner fan.

Lott's Bandana
7/3/2008, 10:26 AM
DEAN!!

You called it, bro. Didn't want to get into the "hit it" discussion since someone might actually know them on this board...:D

Alice Cooper?!

Sometimes the energy of "idon'tgivea****whatyouthinkhereiam" wimmens is alluring, regardless of their hittability factor.

Spek to the owner for his fandom, employees and really well airconditioned establishment...see ya there Dean, my Stella supply is not sufficient for the weekend.

yermom
7/3/2008, 10:31 AM
i might have to check that place out :D

i usually go to Dirtybird, it's even closer to my house now. of course i've probably only been there 10 times or something

SoonerInKCMO
7/3/2008, 10:35 AM
Target, Hy-Vee, Hen House Market... any of those work for me.

C&CDean
7/3/2008, 10:41 AM
i might have to check that place out :D

i usually go to Dirtybird, it's even closer to my house now. of course i've probably only been there 10 times or something

The black haired chick is right up your alley hippyboy. She's always wearing black shirts with Kiss or AC/DC on them. Of course the shirts have been ripped/cut in all the appropriate places for a headbanger kinda gal.

Lott's Bandana
7/3/2008, 10:42 AM
Target, Hy-Vee, Hen House Market... any of those work for me.

Ah....civilization!!

I was in KCMO last week, learned to buy my booze on the "correct" side of Stateline Road.

yermom
7/3/2008, 11:18 AM
The black haired chick is right up your alley hippyboy. She's always wearing black shirts with Kiss or AC/DC on them. Of course the shirts have been ripped/cut in all the appropriate places for a headbanger kinda gal.

nice.

M
7/3/2008, 11:32 AM
Byron's on 23rd Street in OKC. Every time I go there, it's a trip...

A couple of weeks ago, I was walking from the parking lot to the door. Just before I stepped inside, a scruffy, middle-aged man stopped, turned, put one hand on his hip, looked at me and said, "kill it girl, kill it!" Ummm...yeah...

Odd people watching aside, it's got good prices on its likker.

dolemitesooner
7/3/2008, 11:42 AM
Kill it LMAO.....HIPPIE BOY lol.
I have never been to a likker store I guess

soonerscuba
7/3/2008, 11:42 AM
I'll tell you my least favorite. Hob Nob Rob's. That ****** needs to be taken out and beaten with a shovel. I second Byron's.

King Crimson
7/3/2008, 11:44 AM
Denver/Boulder

best: Liquormart, Boulder. the King of Liquorstores--huge, great selection. but buying there feels a little like giving money to Bill Gates.

fave: Harvest Wine and Liquors, Boulder. not gaugingly expensive like some of the other joints in Boulder (Pettyjohn's, i'm looking at you). nice selection. owner is a nice guy. 10% discount for regulars (who aren't living behind the dumpsters).

most likely place to score crack from a 50 year old tranny in the parking lot and still buy a 6 of Fuller's ESB and a solid Rioja: Argonaut Liquor on E. Colfax in Denver. Still, better than decent selection and overall a fine store.

C&CDean
7/3/2008, 11:44 AM
Kill it LMAO.....HIPPIE BOY lol.
I have never been to a likker store I guess

C'mon now, Joe's on Alameda even has little fairy bicycle racks for you to lock your transporation down. And if you really want exercise, throw a keg up on your shoulder and pedal home.

BillyBall
7/3/2008, 11:47 AM
Sam's Wine and Spirits, place is like a Toys R Us for alcoholics.

http://www.samswine.com

Bone
7/3/2008, 12:01 PM
The Natex in Geilenkirchen, Germany. Talk about selection. Locally I usually go to the little store in Robinson Crossing. It's on the way, but the selection sucks. I've been to the big store on Main St once. It wasn't bad. Byron's in the city has a good selection, but you have to try not to come into contact with the winos.

StoopTroup
7/3/2008, 01:02 PM
In Tulsey there is a place on 15th St. just east of the BA Expy exit ramp. It's by the pizza place called "The Pie Hole".

Anyway...the likker store has a seasoned veteran thateither owns it or manages it and he is the funniest dude I've ever had wait on me. I don't care about the prices...he's worth visiting even if your only gonna buy a 1/2 pint IMHO.

Lott's Bandana
7/3/2008, 01:11 PM

A couple of weeks ago, I was walking from the parking lot to the door. Just before I stepped inside, a scruffy, middle-aged man stopped, turned, put one hand on his hip, looked at me and said, "kill it girl, kill it!" Ummm...yeah...

I like the smell of the parking lot there, when there is a southerly breeze.

Oh, and thanks for remembering me M. Flattering.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/3/2008, 03:08 PM
Moore Liquor. Their marquee signs are always really witty. Sometimes I go in and the owners are singing karaoke. Plus they are super helpful.

soonerbrat
7/3/2008, 03:33 PM

plus I think Elvis is a bouncer there.

Czar Soonerov
7/3/2008, 03:58 PM
Stevie's BARGAIN LIQUOR.
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7052/jelloshotwildberry1a624qp2.png (http://imageshack.us)

soonerbrat
7/3/2008, 04:00 PM
Stevie's BARGAIN LIQUOR.
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7052/jelloshotwildberry1a624qp2.png (http://imageshack.us)

those are NOT a bargain.

tulsaoilerfan
7/3/2008, 05:06 PM
...and why?

Methinks u need to post pics for us out of towners and dirty old men:D

Veritas
7/3/2008, 05:09 PM
The Still in Lincoln can't be beat for price or selection.
HyVees are cheaper on liquor. You're right about the selection though.

Lott's Bandana
7/3/2008, 05:18 PM

I'll work on that Oiler...somehow I think they would probably pose.

Jerk
7/3/2008, 06:51 PM
Tammy's Wine and Spirits on 33rd between Broadway and Boulevard in Edmond.

There is a brunette who works there, and she has a great set of ta tas. Even better, she likes to show them off. So I go in there wearing sunglasses and stare at them while she rings me up.

AlbqSooner
7/3/2008, 07:42 PM

I qualify on both counts. Post away!:D

SicEmBaylor
7/3/2008, 07:44 PM
Bad Bear Liquor. Their logo and name is hysterical (in the context of being near Baylor's campus), and it's a pretty nice place. I don't feel like I'm going to be stabbed to death when I walk in there.

Also, they have a small but decent premium cigar selection.

tulsaoilerfan
7/3/2008, 11:07 PM
I'll work on that Oiler...somehow I think they would probably pose.

I will be waiting patiently in the corner; don't ask what i'm doing though:D

Whet
7/3/2008, 11:48 PM
It is a tossup between Jewel and Meijers, both grocery stores have a great selection of spirits....

GottaHavePride
7/3/2008, 11:54 PM
Joe's on Alameda is my favorite in Norman except for scotch. Scotch I prefer to buy from Sooner Spirits. I don't know why.

In Wichita there's a place called Anton's that rocks. Not real big, but I went in one day looking for a bottle of cachasa - no place else nearby had any. I asked the owner if he had any and he said "yeah, four different brands."

King Crimson
7/4/2008, 12:38 AM
Tammy's Wine and Spirits on 33rd between Broadway and Boulevard in Edmond.

There is a brunette who works there, and she has a great set of ta tas. Even better, she likes to show them off. So I go in there wearing sunglasses and stare at them while she rings me up.

at Harvest Wine and Spirits I mention above, that girl's name is Becky.

swardboy
7/4/2008, 06:44 AM
There used to be a store called "Beaver Liquor" in Cassville, MO. They sold t-shirts out the wazzoo, or so I'm told. It was unnerving to ring the place up and hear the girl answer "Beaver Liquor."

Don't know if it moved or went out of business, I just drive through there occasionally.

Jerk
7/4/2008, 06:46 AM
There used to be a store called "Beaver Liquor" in Cassville, MO. They sold t-shirts out the wazzoo, or so I'm told. It was unnerving to ring the place up and hear the girl answer "Beaver Liquor."

Don't know if it moved or went out of business, I just drive through there occasionally.

"Liquor Beaver"! :D

olevetonahill
7/4/2008, 06:51 AM
My Fav is My Kitchen LOL
:D

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2008, 04:38 PM
My Fav is My Bathtub LOL
:D

Fixed.

Flagstaffsooner
7/5/2008, 04:42 PM
Safeway

colleyvillesooner
7/5/2008, 05:22 PM

Who's scruffy looking?

Zbird
7/5/2008, 05:39 PM
In Tulsey there is a place on 15th St. just east of the BA Expy exit ramp. It's by the pizza place called "The Pie Hole".

Anyway...the likker store has a seasoned veteran thateither owns it or manages it and he is the funniest dude I've ever had wait on me. I don't care about the prices...he's worth visiting even if your only gonna buy a 1/2 pint IMHO.

Who would only buy a half-pint?

StoopTroup
7/5/2008, 05:43 PM
I went to my favorite again Friday night...

Columbia Package Store
2702 E 15th Street, Tulsa, OK 74104

Lots of TU Chicas there making their purchases.

Us Dirty Old Men love that place. :D

StoopTroup
7/5/2008, 05:44 PM
Who would only buy a half-pint?

Chicas who don't want anyone to know they're hammered or what's in their purse.

Don't think like a man when it comes to why there is even 1/2 pints on the shelf. :D

Zbird
7/5/2008, 05:49 PM
51st and Lewis in Tulsa (Parkhills?)

1. Byrons (You know where) or 2. Pancho's (Just S of NW Hiway on Meridian) in OKC

Selection & Price

StoopTroup
7/5/2008, 06:01 PM
I was a longtime customer of Fikes and if I was in need of restocking my personal bar...I'd be there everytime.

I just think Columbia might be one of Tulsa's little gems when it comes to grabbing something for the evening.