PDA

View Full Version : Does your favorite station use ethenol

OUHOMER
7/2/2008, 06:22 PM
I havent checked yet, I am betting the local Murphy station in front of Wal MArt does. They are always the cheapest. I guess I will have to start paying up and start buying from Texaco.

StoopTroup
7/2/2008, 06:25 PM
Just go with premium.

Be a playa.

shaun4411
7/2/2008, 06:40 PM
apparently the conoco station at 15th & broadway in edmond has "up to 10% volume ethanol"

does it get less fuel economy or something?

SoonerInKCMO
7/2/2008, 07:07 PM
does it get less fuel economy or something?

Yes. Ethanol has about 61% of the energy density of gasoline. So, a 10% ethanol/90% gasoline mix will get you about 96% as far as the equal amount of pure gasoline.

Viking Kitten
7/2/2008, 08:23 PM
Ethanol is heavily subsidized by the government, so that's why stations such as 7-11 that sell ethanol blends like E-10 can sell it more cheaply than 100 percent gas. The labeling law in Oklahoma just went into effect yesterday.

Viking Kitten
7/2/2008, 08:26 PM
And don't put it in your lawnmower. It tears up two stroke motors.

tommieharris91
7/2/2008, 08:42 PM
Well since QT and 7-11 both do, I will be filling up somewhere else.

OUHOMER
7/3/2008, 06:49 AM
Just go with premium.

Be a playa.

Umm, does the premium have E-10 or is it just the regular? or are both a blend of ethanol????

I havent left the house to go check yet.

Boomer.....
7/3/2008, 07:26 AM
Well since QT and 7-11 both do, I will be filling up somewhere else.

Not all QT's sell their gas with ethanol. Their website says selected metro areas do though.

SoonerJack
7/3/2008, 07:43 AM
In Kansas City, a place called Casey's General Store sells their 87 and 89 octane for the same price. That always puzzled me. Now I know why.

SoonerInKCMO
7/3/2008, 08:07 AM
In Kansas City, a place called Casey's General Store sells their 87 and 89 octane for the same price. That always puzzled me. Now I know why.

Last Fall, there was one Casey's, I think on the east side of Topeka, that was selling its 89 octane for about $0.10 less than the 87 octane.

C&CDean
7/3/2008, 08:33 AM
And don't put it in your lawnmower. It tears up two stroke motors.

Listen to her talking about 2-stroke motors.

Just a friendly FYI - most lawnmowers don't have 2-stroke motors - unless you've got an older Lawnboy. Weedeaters, edgers, blowers, chainsaws, etc. do have 2-strokes and she is correct that running ethanol in these does **** em' up. In fact, if you run 91 octane you'll get much better results. Especially if you own Stihl equipment.

C&CDean
7/3/2008, 08:34 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot. VK talking about 2-stroke motors = me talking about fancyassed **** me pumps or spike heels.

Harry Beanbag
7/3/2008, 08:48 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot. VK talking about 2-stroke motors = me talking about fancyassed **** me pumps or spike heels.

Yep. And I have to admit, both of those scenarios leave me slightly aroused. :hot: :)

C&CDean
7/3/2008, 08:56 AM
Yep. And I have to admit, both of those scenarios leave me slightly aroused. :hot: :)

Her behind the Lawnboy and me wearing stilletos with skinny little ankle straps? You are one sick puppy...

frankensooner
7/3/2008, 09:42 AM
I have a 4 cycle weedwhacker and will never go back to a two stroke.

C&CDean
7/3/2008, 10:04 AM
I have a 4 cycle weedwhacker and will never go back to a two stroke.

Who makes it?

Bone
7/3/2008, 10:06 AM
Yes. I fill up at 7-11.

frankensooner
7/3/2008, 10:10 AM
Mine is a MTD, but all the majors make them now. No mixing oil, more power. A lot less smoke and smell.

Viking Kitten
7/3/2008, 10:17 AM
Hey, I'm just relaying the info I heard from a repair guy earlier this week. My thrifty midwestern stepdad was still using the same lawnmower he's had forever, and it was a two stroke.

Viking Kitten
7/3/2008, 10:19 AM
Now go back to your talk of whacking and stroking.

C&CDean
7/3/2008, 10:43 AM
Mine is a MTD, but all the majors make them now. No mixing oil, more power. A lot less smoke and smell.

No way in hell the 4-stroke has more power. It ain't possible.

And if you're serious about your outdoor equipment, never by that MTD/Troy Bilt/Lowe's/Home Depot/Sear crapola. Buy Stihl. It's what manly men buy and use.

frankensooner
7/3/2008, 10:58 AM
It was a gift, and it works fine! ;)

tommieharris91
7/3/2008, 01:25 PM
No way in hell the 4-stroke has more power. It ain't possible.

And if you're serious about your outdoor equipment, never by that MTD/Troy Bilt/Lowe's/Home Depot/Sear crapola. Buy Stihl. It's what manly men buy and use.

My dad has a Toro that is over 30 years old, and it still runs. Sometimes I think he treats that thing better than he treats me.

tulsaoilerfan
7/3/2008, 05:10 PM
I havent checked yet, I am betting the local Murphy station in front of Wal MArt does. They are always the cheapest. I guess I will have to start paying up and start buying from Texaco.

Who is this Texaco you speak of?

Harry Beanbag
7/3/2008, 05:38 PM
Her behind the Lawnboy and me wearing stilletos with skinny little ankle straps? You are one sick puppy...

Not the first time I've been told that. :texan:

shaun4411
7/3/2008, 07:31 PM
Yes. Ethanol has about 61% of the energy density of gasoline. So, a 10% ethanol/90% gasoline mix will get you about 96% as far as the equal amount of pure gasoline.

super. so not only are we getting screwed on the price of gas, we're being a** rammed by the quality of the more expensive fuel. what a great time to be alive. next thing we'll hear about how theyre bringing back leaded gasoline.

Jerk
7/3/2008, 07:45 PM
Who is this Texaco you speak of?

They have a yeller shell-like emblem on their sign, and it says, uh, "Shell" and it's yeller with a red outline.

OUHOMER
7/3/2008, 08:46 PM
They have a yeller shell-like emblem on their sign, and it says, uh, "Shell" and it's yeller with a red outline.

LOL, the corner gas station was a texaco for years. I dont know why I keep calling it texaco. When I give direcitions, I always say "turn south at the texaco". maybe thats why nobody can find my place :rolleyes:

bluedogok
7/3/2008, 09:40 PM
We still have a few Texaco's around here but not as many as the Shell stations.

soonerboomer93
7/3/2008, 10:10 PM
actually, the 2 year change over period has expired.

depending on where you live, chevron's will be rebranded to Texaco (occuring in all of Texas), you may also see new texaco's

all former corporately owned texaco's were branded to shell, and I beleive independants had a choice to brand to shell or chevron. The reason for this is that the corporate shells and texacos were owned by Equiva which was a joint venture between the 2 companies.

tulsaoilerfan
7/3/2008, 11:06 PM
All the texaco's around here switched to Shell a couple of years ago; the store my mom runs has a banner out front touting their better gas mileage cause they use real gas. :)

Harry Beanbag
7/4/2008, 05:04 AM
There were three Texacos here that i know of. One is a Shell now and the other two are Circle K's.