PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers is going to be angry.

Rhino
7/2/2008, 03:34 PM
because Brett Favre wants to die next season on the football field.

Report: Brett Favre Has Told Packers He Would Like to Play This Year (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/07/02/report-brett-favre-has-told-packers-he-wants-to-play-this-year/)

Maybe Brett Favre isn't retired after all.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Favre has told Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy that he has thought about playing this year. Although Favre's comeback talk is apparently in its preliminary stages, Mortensen also reports that Favre's family is encouraging him to play.

Packers cornerback Al Harris appeared with Mortensen on ESPN's NFL Live this afternoon and said that Favre has told him that he "has the itch" to keep playing.

Favre tearfully announced his retirement this off-season, and almost immediately afterward there were rumors that he'd be back.

Curly Bill
7/2/2008, 03:38 PM
Can't say that I'm too surprised by this...

...but really, he just needs to go away.

Newbomb Turk
7/2/2008, 03:44 PM
Can't say that I'm too surprised by this...

...but really, he just needs to go away.

no doubt. Favre is one of my favorite QB's of all time, but I hate it when guys can't stay retired.

JohnnyMack
7/2/2008, 03:58 PM
D00d still has it. I think he should keep playing. He doesn't need to do minicamps or preseason or even practice for that matter. Just let him go out on Sunday and do it.

BillyBall
7/2/2008, 04:13 PM
Aaron Rodgers is going to eventually put a hit out on him.

Partial Qualifier
7/2/2008, 04:14 PM
How retarded.

GrapevineSooner
7/2/2008, 04:24 PM
I'm not ready to trust Mort.

r5TPsooner
7/2/2008, 05:25 PM
As a Packers fan, I hope that he comes back.

Mixer!
7/2/2008, 05:47 PM
2 words: Madden Curse.

Eielson
7/2/2008, 05:57 PM
I didn't want him to retire, but when he did and had all the retirement stuff for him he just has to stay retired.

yermom
7/2/2008, 06:02 PM
he needs to stop retiring :D

Scott D
7/4/2008, 12:06 PM
he needs to go away.

badger
7/5/2008, 02:54 PM
Don't blame Favre - blame ESPN on this one. They are even bigger Favre whores than I am. Favre this, Favre that, favre Favre FAVRRRRRRRRE!!! We can never stop mentioning FAVRRRRRRRRRRRRRE.

Brett himself has said it's just a rumor and considering how desperate ESPN is to break the big sports story lately (Les Miles to Meatchicken, anyone?), I think we can take this story with a tiny, tiny grain of salt. They really played it up how exclusive the breaking news was to ESPN and featured it on every one of their afternoon shows that day (PTI, Around the Whorn, Jim Rome is Burning, Sportscenter at 5, 6 and so on...)

There is one reason I do not believe this story - it didn't come out of Green Bay for at least an hour after the ESPN BREAKING NEWS, OMG FAVRE RETURNING according to a source. Green Bay news revolves around everything Packers, from Packer-themed weather reports to main anchors reporting live from the city that the Packers play in this weekend. There is no possible way ESPN scoops this story out of Packer-fever media of GB... even from Favre-fever media of ESPN.

So, from this die-hard Packer fan to... um... I guess Dean's a Packer fan too... let me start over...

From this Packer fan to all you hordes of non-Packer fans-but-still-love-football-especially-the-Sooners-in-the-NFL-reminder-here-to-cheer-for-the-Ravens-and-not-the-Vikings-or-Bears-plzkthx, Favre is retired. Don't believe Espen.

stonecoldsoonerfan
7/6/2008, 04:15 AM
brett favre is taking this retirement thing as far as garth brooks did his. i wish he'd just either poop or get off the pot.

olevetonahill
7/6/2008, 05:17 AM
He needs to make up His mind and quit being a girly man .
Retire Or say By damn Im here till I cant play anymore
Just sayin

r5TPsooner
7/6/2008, 11:16 AM
IMO, Favre has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants to with regards to his NFL career.

if he still has fuel in the tank I say go for it.

However, I'd hate to see him play for another team.

Partial Qualifier
7/6/2008, 02:05 PM
Maybe Brett Favre isn't retired after all.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting

I'll always remember Chris Mortensen for a live ESPN News update he did on the subject of Dallas' coach search when JJ was let go, Mort was denouncing the idea that Jerry Jones had any interest in hiring Switzer, literally laughing the notion off as ridiculous about 30 seconds before the start of Jones' press conference to announce the hiring of Switzer. The local hacks were reporting it was "a done deal" hours earlier.

way to uhhh, do your homework there Mort

Mixer!
7/6/2008, 03:24 PM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s168/solace71/Barney1.gif