PDA

View Full Version : Rush L..$400 mm man...

swardboy
7/2/2008, 10:02 AM
Peashooters coming out in 3, 2, 1,.......

LIMBAUGH SIGNS THROUGH 2016; $400 MILLION DEAL SHATTERS BROADCAST RECORDS

Wed Jul 02 2008 09:02:18 ET
**Exclusive**

The American broadcast industry is rocked, realigned and blasted into a new orbit, yet again, by Rush Limbaugh, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

In what is being described as an unprecedented radio contract, Limbaugh will keep his syndicated show on-the-air and e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e through 2016 with CLEAR CHANNEL and PREMIERE RADIO.

Already host of the most lucrative hours since radio's inception, Limbaugh's total package is valued north of $400 million, according to media insiders.

The NEW YORK TIMES will claim this weekend that Limbaugh, marking 20 years this summer as a national host, has secured a 9-figure signing bonus for the new deal, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE.

MORE

In its controversial profile, the TIMES reports that Limbaugh is buying a new G550 jet and is making an estimated $38 million a year.

http://drudgereport.com/rln.jpg

[The cover photo of the TIMES Sunday magazine depicts Limbaugh 'dark and sinister' in a theme of THE GODFATHER.]

While newspapers and traditional broadcast media are experiencing declining revenues, Limbaugh's golden microphone has turned diamond-laced:

Earnings now pace him ahead of the annual salaries for network news anchors: Katie Couric, Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer — combined!

MORE

The deal represents a stunning triumph over the establishment by an outsider who connected with and captured the spirit of the nation's heartland.

SoonerStormchaser
7/2/2008, 10:41 AM
RLIMC magically appears in 3...2...1...

Lott's Bandana
7/2/2008, 10:44 AM
Dude gets more for his mouth than my buddies down on Lincoln...<------(Tulsa posters insert "Admiral".) combined!

r5TPsooner
7/2/2008, 10:54 AM
Just goes to show you that people do love *******s that also just happen to be the biggest hypocrite on the planet. I love how he slams drug addicts and criminals and is one himself but he is above everyone else in his eyes.

This comes from a proud conservative Republican.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/2/2008, 11:08 AM
. I love how he slams drug addicts and criminals and is one himself but he is above everyone else in his eyes.
1)He does criticize those with addictions who don't do anything about them. 2) WTF? haha. He would be in the slammer or maybe even death row so fast if he ever was convicted of any criminal behavior. You've been watching too much MSM, guy.

SoonerProphet
7/2/2008, 11:22 AM
I'M NOT YOUR GUY FRIEND!!

JohnnyMack
7/2/2008, 11:25 AM
Rush has mastered his domain. He's the pinnacle of the talking head sound byte generation.

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2008, 11:49 AM
Heh. Speaking of bias in media, that's truly a facts-only account of the deal if I ever saw one. Good jorb, Drudge.

King Crimson
7/2/2008, 12:03 PM
the reason that traditional broadcast media and newspapers have declining revenues has very little to do with political slant, as the Drudge section may somewhat imply.

it has everything to with information technology and advertisers waking up to the fact that they aren't held hostage by traditional models of advertising. Tivo and even the now archaic "remote control" make traditional ads (the 30 seconds commerical) only mildly profitable.

C&CDean
7/2/2008, 01:52 PM
As long as we're paying dumbass gangstas who couldn't even spell "ebonics" millions of dollars to - ahem - rap - or we're paying toothless goons millions of dollars to skate around and slam each other into the boards I really don't have a problem with Rush making his millions.

swardboy
7/2/2008, 02:50 PM
Of course it'll net out to $3.27 after Obama gets through with us......

Curly Bill
7/2/2008, 03:00 PM
Of course it'll net out to $3.27 after Obama gets through with us......

LOL...:D

soonerinabilene
7/2/2008, 03:16 PM
I'M NOT YOUR GUY FRIEND!!

IM NOT YOUR FRIEND, BUDDY!

def_lazer_fc
7/2/2008, 06:17 PM
im not your pal friend!

StoopTroup
7/2/2008, 06:22 PM
Even though I'm tired of listening to his repetitive rants....he's an amazing success story.