PDA

View Full Version : Heartland Flyer to Ardmore

Condescending Sooner
7/2/2008, 08:51 AM
Has anyone taken the Flyer to Ardmore? I am playing in a golf tourney at Dornick Hills and wandered if it was feasable to take the train. Is there reliable transportation from the station to points in town?

sooneron
7/2/2008, 08:53 AM
I'm sure there is. Oklahoma is famous for it's reliable public transportation set up. I mean, the state is soooo friendly to those that don't want to drive themselves.

swardboy
7/2/2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry...I don't have answers to your questions. But I did sponsor a youth group on a train ride from OKC to Purcell way back....I was amazed at the smoothness of the ride. It sure won't hurt your game!

King Crimson
7/2/2008, 10:15 AM
there's a thread from last week called "my gas free vacation in OKC" posted by Sooner 24 that discusses heartland flyer.

it's a good deal, but i don't know about local ground transport to Dornick.

Condescending Sooner
7/2/2008, 10:51 AM
I'm sure there is. Oklahoma is famous for it's reliable public transportation set up. I mean, the state is soooo friendly to those that don't want to drive themselves.

Ummm, thanks?

C&CDean
7/2/2008, 11:14 AM
Ummm, thanks?

Don't worry about him. He's evolved into a psuedo city snob who thinks that riding the subway is one step down from nirvana, and owning a pick up means you're a redneck goober. Ignore him.

Condescending Sooner
7/2/2008, 01:00 PM
Well, I guess I'm a redneck goober.

frankensooner
7/2/2008, 01:12 PM
Well, its up against the wall you redneck goober.

SoonerJack
7/2/2008, 01:23 PM
I bet if you ask someone at the train station they would take you to the golf course.

Okla-homey
7/2/2008, 01:44 PM
Ardmore is my home and most of my fam still lives there. You could a) arrange to have a buddy pick you up at the station and drive you to DHCC (about a ten minute drive even in heavy traffic,) or, b) take a cab.

Heck, if I still lived there, I'd pick you up and haul you out there. I think we have some posters who live there. SB1960?

frankensooner
7/2/2008, 01:48 PM
There is a former poster who lives there too. ;)

SeattleOUstudent
7/2/2008, 03:39 PM
Ardmore born and raised....

"reliable transport" is funny. That would get a good chuckle out of my parents. You can take a cab, but youll probably smell like smoke after all is said and done :)

TheUnnamedSooner
7/2/2008, 04:46 PM
My wife rode it from gainsville to norman earlier this year. I was already in Okla and she was meeting me up there. She was supposed to arrive in norman around 8:30. She didn't get there until after midnight.

Curly Bill
7/2/2008, 07:43 PM
My wife rode it from gainsville to norman earlier this year. I was already in Okla and she was meeting me up there. She was supposed to arrive in norman around 8:30. She didn't get there until after midnight.

Did the train get lost?

AlbqSooner
7/2/2008, 08:08 PM
Did the train get lost?

Was Sic Em the conductor?

Chuck Bao
7/2/2008, 08:11 PM
I'll be home in the Ardmore area at the end of July and early August and wouldn't mind taking you to a golf course.

Of course, you'd have to hear me preach about the evils of golf.

sooneron
7/2/2008, 08:20 PM
Don't worry about him. He's evolved into a psuedo city snob who thinks that riding the subway is one step down from nirvana, and owning a pick up means you're a redneck goober. Ignore him.

My previous vehicle was a pick up and I walk whenever possible. The subway is anything but Nirvana.
Solid public trans just can't happen in more rural areas as there is little demand and everything is too spread out.

Detecting facetiousness can be a bitch.

Condescending Sooner
7/3/2008, 08:55 AM

That's what I am afraid of.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/3/2008, 09:49 AM
It was over an hour late to the Gainesville station, then she said they just sat outside of Ardmore for 2 hours. They were waiting on another train to go by and they changed a wheel.