7/1/2008, 10:59 PM
...is in OKC!

Is it open yet?

Has anyone beens?

Looks kinda tiny.

:pop:

tommieharris91
7/1/2008, 11:00 PM
If they don't have like 100 beers on tap like the one in Tulsa, it ain't worth goin to.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/1/2008, 11:16 PM
M and I went last week. It isn't as tiny as it looks. It has 3 floors. They have quite the selection of beers.

Lott's Bandana
7/1/2008, 11:23 PM
M and I went last week. It isn't as tiny as it looks. It has 3 floors. They have quite the selection of beers.

I'm there.

I'll tell 'em SBSB sent me. I'm doin my drinkin on teh first floor.

PrideTrombone
7/2/2008, 12:03 AM
.... is teh win.

Boomer.....
7/2/2008, 07:33 AM
I heard that it didn't have as many beers as the Tulsa location.

bri
7/2/2008, 08:43 AM
That wouldn't surprise me, since the copy is never as good as the original. And, of course, since Tulsa > OKC. :D

PrideTrombone
7/2/2008, 09:02 AM
I heard that it didn't have as many beers as the Tulsa location.

It's got 350 altogether, I think it does have a little less available on tap than the original.

M
7/2/2008, 09:13 AM
The first time I went, they were out of the first three beers I tried to order. It may be three stories, but you can't beat the original in Tulsa. Just not the same vibe.

On the bright side, there are hot bartenders at both locations.

JohnnyMack
7/2/2008, 09:28 AM
Make sure you try the McNellie's Pub Ale, the Atlas IPA and the Sundown Wheat, all by Tulsa's own Marshall Brewing.

Lott's Bandana
7/2/2008, 09:31 AM
Love McNellie's in T-town, but I actually prefer Kilkenny's...more authentic 'rish.

It's got 350 altogether, I think it does have a little less available on tap than the original.

The first time I went, they were out of the first three beers I tried to order.

bri
7/2/2008, 10:13 AM
I prefer Kilkenny's for eating, McNeller's for drinking.

Of course, it peeves me that they still haven't replaced my missing mug, but really what can you do about it?

colleyvillesooner
7/2/2008, 10:36 AM
Burn the ****er down?

BillyBall
7/2/2008, 10:43 AM
Do they do a good job of cleaning their lines? Going to beer bars with 100+ beers is great if they actually keep it fresh.

JohnnyMack
7/2/2008, 10:50 AM
Do they do a good job of cleaning their lines? Going to beer bars with 100+ beers is great if they actually keep it fresh.

Not always. I tend to steer towards their local stuff or things that you know will turn over faster as you get better results.

C&CDean
7/2/2008, 11:18 AM

This is why I drink whisky. It's always fresh right out of the bottle. If I have to have a beer to chase my whisky with then give me one that doesn't make me a fatass. I love good beer, but it's like eating your booze. If I drink a half-dozen Guinness's I feel like I've just ate a 12 course meal.

JohnnyMack
7/2/2008, 11:24 AM
This is why I drink whisky. It's always fresh right out of the bottle. If I have to have a beer to chase my whisky with then give me one that doesn't make me a fatass. I love good beer, but it's like eating your booze. If I drink a half-dozen Guinness's I feel like I've just ate a 12 course meal.

This stuff should be right up your alley.

http://www.michelobultra.com/Images/Product.Info/FruitLeft.jpg

BigRedJed
7/2/2008, 12:04 PM
The McNellie's in OKC is actually huge. Just looks small from the outside. They have the downstairs bar area (cozy, probably seats 75-100 -- packed), a mezzanine level with tables (above the kitchen) which probably seats the same, an outlying events-type room that they open when they are busy (second floor, running along Walker, halfway down the building), and a third floor with one huge room, where smoking is allowed. That room probably seats a couple hundred, easy.

Also, they haven't had their official grand opening yet, or done any advertising, and yet the first Saturday they were "soft open" (two days after the VIP preview), was actually bigger (more sales) than the same Saturday in the Tulsa location. Elliott, the owner, was pretty wide-eyed over that. They have a tiger by the tail here and are just now starting to figure it out. As soon as they "officially" open, there will be a line out the door. Count on it.

Not sure how many beers they have, but I know they have 60 just on tap downstairs. I think with the bottles, they are around that 300+ number. There are four very crammed pages on the beer menu.

FYI, the place sucks. I would recommend staying away.

so i can have it all to myself

Bone
7/2/2008, 12:16 PM
A good beer house? Sweet!

BigRedJed
7/2/2008, 12:18 PM
Dammit.

Lott's Bandana
7/2/2008, 12:27 PM
Didn't work Jed.

And Dean, would you consider something 12 years old, "fresh"? (I mean the whisky) I actually prefer Jameson over beer generally as well...'specially in a poob.

BillyBall
7/2/2008, 01:41 PM
If you are ever in Chicago, check this place out.

http://www.maproom.com

silverwheels
7/2/2008, 02:05 PM
350 beers? I am so there.

BigRedJed
7/2/2008, 05:13 PM
DAMMIT!