Soonerus
7/1/2008, 10:23 PM
will be dominant in 2008...

Sooner_09
7/1/2008, 10:37 PM
has apparently lost some weight...

Vegas Sooner
7/1/2008, 10:40 PM
...so we are either the best or the worst...?

Soonerus
7/1/2008, 10:41 PM
...so we are either the best or the worst...?

Just trying to allow for difference of opinions...

Vegas Sooner
7/1/2008, 11:16 PM
Just trying to allow for difference of opinions...

...Nothing in between? I say we are going to be really good, but I don't think we will be better than most NFL teams.

Lott's Bandana
7/1/2008, 11:29 PM
last year's pass blocking was as good as I've evar seen.

run blocking, fail.

maturity will fix the fail this year. I think teh youth relied too much on teh back's ability to find teh holes. This year's "age" will turn it around and make teh dammm holes for 'em.

I say win baby.

Boomer.....
7/2/2008, 07:34 AM
Hopefully this group has matured and gotten quicker. If they fix their mistakes, like false starts and penalties, we will be damn good.

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 09:28 AM
All the preseason mags are raving about our o-line. I am going along for the ride this time.

Boomer.....
7/2/2008, 10:17 AM
They were last year also. Not that they weren't good, but just not as great as hyped.

CatfishSooner
7/2/2008, 12:32 PM
better than most NFL teams...

JLEW1818
7/2/2008, 12:54 PM
Whats better our O-line, or D-line ?

Breadburner
7/2/2008, 12:56 PM
D-Line.....

Bone
7/2/2008, 12:58 PM
I picked best in college football. I really would have chosen something like "One of the top lines in college football", but it wasn't offered.

douxpaysan
7/2/2008, 03:11 PM
Loadholt must have led the league in both false starts and holding calls, his lack of speed is the difference between good and great. The interior is very good at pass blocking but were inconsistent at run blocking. We are still missing JD Runnels. Just hoping we run so hard the hounds couldn't catch us, down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

EstablishedSooner1967
7/2/2008, 04:18 PM
so i put a flop..... this way they can prove me wrong. they are not better than an NFL team and best in college well, lets see how well they do then they can have that title.. They should be real good, if they stay off the booze.

shaun4411
7/2/2008, 06:02 PM
i didnt vote on any of them, cause i dont think they'll be that stout. i think the oline would start 2 or 3 guys on the all big 12 team. maybe even an all american and probably a couple on nfl rosters come draft day. its gonna be fun to see what sam does.

i pity the DC fool who has to plan for the OU offense. do you blitz the line to get to sam and risk seeing #7 run past you for 6? do you put your boys in coverage to hedge the strength of the oline and hope 1on1 assignments against the the ou wrs doesnt burn you? whooewwwww

soonerfan28
7/3/2008, 07:29 AM
I think that have the potential to be great. I remember seeing some huge running lanes and then it seemed like they couldn't create crap on some plays. I think if we are to have any shot at the national championship then this is where we need to show the most improvement.

OU-HSV
7/3/2008, 08:13 AM
I'm buying into the hype and having faith that our coaches have them better disciplined this season.
They're huge, athletic, and if they can played disciplined there's no reason in the world they shouldn't dominate opponents.

soonerfan28
7/3/2008, 06:18 PM
Whats better our O-line, or D-line ?

Right now I'll go with the D-line, but I wouldn't be shocked if by seasons end it's our O-line.

zeke
7/3/2008, 07:24 PM
I'm not buying in on being the best in college or better than a NFL team. Loadholt needs to be able to handle speedy guys better. After the bowl game I'm afraid that opposing defenses will line up speed against Loadholt and use us. Once they got in his head he would have been better watching from the sideline.
I'm sure our coaching staff is aware and will fix it.

SouthFortySooner
7/3/2008, 08:38 PM
The choice I would have chosen wasn't listed either. The best? That line would thump the Georgia Bulldogs in a bowl. Then....

sooneron
7/3/2008, 10:02 PM
They should be extremely good. The best in the country? Meh, tough to tell.

goingoneight
7/4/2008, 12:47 AM
Loadholt must have led the league in both false starts and holding calls, his lack of speed is the difference between good and great. The interior is very good at pass blocking but were inconsistent at run blocking. We are still missing JD Runnels. Just hoping we run so hard the hounds couldn't catch us, down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

Because offensive linemen are known for speed.