PDA

View Full Version : The Monsoon is in Arizona

Flagstaffsooner
7/1/2008, 02:44 PM
Just had a wild thunderstorm hit. Lightning hit a house down the street and it caught on fire. A scared coyote ran into the neighbors yard and hid under their VW.:gary:

olevetonahill
7/1/2008, 02:47 PM
Lighting your Farts early huh ?

Flagstaffsooner
7/1/2008, 02:49 PM
Lighting your Farts early huh ?
Do dat 24-7

C&CDean
7/1/2008, 02:52 PM
A little early for the summer monsoons ain't it?

Growing up in Tucson, I used to love it when the monsoons would come in. After months and months of nothing but hot, blue sky that first thunderstorm was the allsome.

Only problem was that the POS swamp cooler quit working after the humidity went up. All us kids fought for the couch to sleep on right under the vent so at least there was some air movement.

Speaking of lightning in Flag, I was up there visiting my cousins back inna day when one of their neighbor kids got hit right in front of the house riding steel roller skates on the sidewalk. Fried to a crisp. Probably 1967 or 68. Another time I saw 2 kids get killed playing soccer when I was in Jr. High. Lightning hit a sprinkler head right by them and it jumped up and zapped them both. Burnt the hell out of another kid too who was about 10 feet away.

Do you know how much higher your odds are of getting hit by lightning that winning the lottery?

Flagstaffsooner
7/1/2008, 02:59 PM
Yes, Dean it is early but welcomed. Aint really developed yet, just scattered stuff. The storm devolped over the Mountain and swept down.

I turned off my swamp cooler and have the window fan blowing in.

Animal Mother
7/1/2008, 04:18 PM
I thought Gorilla Monsoon had died????

Howzit
7/1/2008, 04:32 PM
A little early for the summer monsoons ain't it?

Growing up in Tucson, I used to love it when the monsoons would come in. After months and months of nothing but hot, blue sky that first thunderstorm was the allsome.

Only problem was that the POS swamp cooler quit working after the humidity went up. All us kids fought for the couch to sleep on right under the vent so at least there was some air movement.

Speaking of lightning in Flag, I was up there visiting my cousins back inna day when one of their neighbor kids got hit right in front of the house riding steel roller skates on the sidewalk. Fried to a crisp. Probably 1967 or 68. Another time I saw 2 kids get killed playing soccer when I was in Jr. High. Lightning hit a sprinkler head right by them and it jumped up and zapped them both. Burnt the hell out of another kid too who was about 10 feet away.

Do you know how much higher your odds are of getting hit by lightning that winning the lottery?

How much?

Chuck Bao
7/1/2008, 06:39 PM
At first, I got excited that Monsoon had returned to the board. Didn't we have a poster that went by the nic Monsoon? What happened to her?

And, how can you have a monsoon season in Arizona?

Thailand goes into its monsoon season in August and it rains heavy almost every day.

Blue
7/1/2008, 08:06 PM
One of the coolest drives I've ever had was from Las Cruces to Tuscon during some strong storms in July. I got stuck in Benson for an extra night due to all the rain. No power. Good times.

swardboy
7/1/2008, 08:24 PM
At first, I got excited that Monsoon had returned to the board. Didn't we have a poster that went by the nic Monsoon? What happened to her?

And, how can you have a monsoon season in Arizona?

Thailand goes into its monsoon season in August and it rains heavy almost every day.

I think that was mosoon....and maybe my sarcasm radar is off right now.

AlbqSooner
7/1/2008, 08:51 PM
Early monsoon here in Albq as well. We had a three inch rain yesterday. Of course, in Albq that means a raindrop every three inches on your windshield.

Howzit
7/2/2008, 08:18 AM

How much?

31.25, that's how much.

C&CDean
7/2/2008, 08:27 AM
31.25, that's how much.

At least.

I've personally seen/been around 3 people who've died from lightning strikes, have been on several airplanes that have been struck, have had lightning hit trees within 20 feet of me on a couple of occasions, and just drove a golf cart out from under a big tree on the OU golf course - just to have lightning hit said tree about 3 seconds later.

I don't know anybody who's won the lottery.