PDA

View Full Version : So 311 came on the radio on my way...

royalfan5
7/1/2008, 01:15 PM
back from lunch. This got me thinking about whether or not songs from a group made more sense when you listen to them in the same place the band is from. i.e. driving in West Omaha where 311 spawned from. I thought the songs were a little better this context. Does Hinder suck less if you listen them in Edmund? Is the GAP Band even more awesome if you listen to "Burn Rubber on Me" while driving around Tulsa?

mdklatt
7/1/2008, 01:16 PM
Does Hinder suck less if you listen them in Edmund?

They suck pretty hard only 20 miles away in Norman, so I'm going to guess "no".

7/1/2008, 01:25 PM
I know what your saying. I get Garth wood driving past Yukon on I-40.

OK, maybe not so much.

OUDoc
7/1/2008, 01:30 PM
I know what your saying. I get Garth wood driving past Yukon on I-40.

OK, maybe not so much.

Some say size isn't that important. Hang in there.

silverwheels
7/1/2008, 01:36 PM
It's impossible for Hinder to suck less, no matter where you are.

OKLA21FAN
7/1/2008, 01:37 PM
Is the GAP Band even more awesome if you listen to "Burn Rubber on Me" while driving around Tulsa?
only if you are driving somewhere north of Admiral Street. :pop:

dolemitesooner
7/1/2008, 01:38 PM
back from lunch. This got me thinking about whether or not songs from a group made more sense when you listen to them in the same place the band is from. i.e. driving in West Omaha where 311 spawned from. I thought the songs were a little better this context. Does Hinder suck less if you listen them in Edmund? Is the GAP Band even more awesome if you listen to "Burn Rubber on Me" while driving around Tulsa?

Yeah I here they sound the best just off of North Danforth:D

OU4LIFE
7/1/2008, 01:42 PM
Why is it so popular to hate on Hinder so much? They've had a little mainstream success, and that makes all the locals hate them?

Just curious, I'd think any mainstream success in the rock industry from Oklahoma is a good thing. I'm sick and ****ing tired of all the country that comes out of here.

silverwheels
7/1/2008, 01:45 PM
I don't care who likes or who hates Hinder; they just suck so I hate them.

LilSooner
7/1/2008, 02:03 PM
No.

Hinder will always suck.

mdklatt
7/1/2008, 02:03 PM
Just curious, I'd think any mainstream success in the rock industry from Oklahoma is a good thing.

This is the only reason why people from around here don't hate them even more. I'm not sure what people from other places see in them. I guess there's a significant number of people sitting around saying, "You got anybody that sounds kinda like Nickelback but without the Canadian-ness?"

Blue
7/1/2008, 02:07 PM
I like 311.

Viking Kitten
7/1/2008, 02:15 PM
Hey, let an actual Edmond resident chime in on Hinder.

They blow. It's not because they've had commercial success. They just plain blow. Hard. That "Lips of an Angel" song makes me wanna rip somebody's thoat out.

Jimminy Crimson
7/1/2008, 02:25 PM
Since when did Hinder get this supposed Edmond connection? They're OKC and I think a dude is from Jones, too.

Mike & Chris from AAR live in Edmond.

Viking Kitten
7/1/2008, 02:29 PM
They are all alumni of UCO, as I understand it that's where they met and began playing together.

Effing Broncho High.

silverwheels
7/1/2008, 02:31 PM
Hey, let an actual Edmond resident chime in on Hinder.

They blow. It's not because they've had commercial success. They just plain blow. Hard. That "Lips of an Angel" song makes me wanna rip somebody's thoat out.

And shove it down their throat.

Wait...

C&CDean
7/1/2008, 02:32 PM
311? Hinder? Never heard a song from either one. I've heard of Hinder, but not 311. Guess I ain't missing much either way.