PDA

View Full Version : Hey VK!

Okla-homey
7/1/2008, 07:44 AM
remember this guy? :eek:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=12&articleID=20080701_14_A12_Tesaeb935653

doesn't seem like the type for this sort of thing, but I only chatted with him once for about five minutes.

Viking Kitten
7/1/2008, 08:06 AM
He's actually a very good friend of mine and this whole thing is very sad. Dan is a truly fantastic human being and he would never intentionally hurt anyone. He just wouldn't. I honestly believe whatever happened had to be a misunderstanding.

Viking Kitten
7/1/2008, 08:15 AM
It sounds like there was some ridiculously bad judgment going on that night. There might be some alcohol abuse issues too. I understand it might be time for Dan to hang it up as far as his OBA career is concerned. This does not make it any less sad, because he's a really good guy. He always treated me and every other woman he's worked with with a lot of respect.

OU4LIFE
7/1/2008, 08:22 AM
I'm not saying you are wrong VK, but past my past experience tells me that you might be a little bit shocked.

The guy that was arrested and convicted as the Stillwater rapist several years ago was a good friend of mine and others I know. He had a lovely wife, child, good job and all the upside in the world. Nice guy, good looking, outgoing, church, our softball league, dinners, the whole nine yards. Turns out he had a side no one knew about.

While I hope you are correct in your assessment, I'd just ask that you temper it a little until the facts come out, IF they ever do.

In other news, I hear the new Lawyer gangs are really getting out of hand in downtown, biyotch. Watch out.

BigRedJed
7/1/2008, 09:28 AM
Police also reported, meanwhile, that a man who was walking the woman to a car Saturday night after the party got into a physical confrontation with a female friend of the woman's.

Robert Mark Abraham, 52, was accused of grabbing the friend around the neck and taking her to the ground.

He told officers that he was in fear for his life because he thought he was going to be stabbed.
Man, that sounds like it was one hell of a party.

Oldnslo
7/1/2008, 09:30 AM
I was surprised to hear this about Dan. On the other hand, I was also surprised to hear the allegations about Jack Kastner.

yermom
7/1/2008, 09:31 AM
Man, that sounds like it was one hell of a party.

yeah, i'm so not going to party with VK's friends

OU4LIFE
7/1/2008, 09:32 AM
yeah, i'm so not going to party with VK's friends

take a shiv if you do holmes....

BigRedJed
7/1/2008, 09:34 AM
Hey, BTK's fellow parishoners (he was a loved and respected church deacon) were surprised to find out that he was a serial killer who had been committing grisly murders for decades. Some people seem to have a knack at hiding their dark side from people they know.

That said, I'm a firm believer in "innocent until proven guilty," and hope your friend's trouble proves to be a misunderstanding or something.

soonerboomer93
7/1/2008, 11:32 AM
he hides the oreo's in the other suite and just wanted some fresh milk to go with them?

OKLA21FAN
7/1/2008, 11:55 AM
these kind of things would nevar happen in Tulsa.

(unless one is a Judge)
:gary:

Bone
7/1/2008, 12:20 PM
It sounds like there was some ridiculously bad judgment going on that night. There might be some alcohol abuse issues too. I understand it might be time for Dan to hang it up as far as his OBA career is concerned. This does not make it any less sad, because he's a really good guy. He always treated me and every other woman he's worked with with a lot of respect.

All of the women he had prior dealings with were "just teases". He was so nice and you didn't put out. You all drove him to do this.

Viking Kitten
7/1/2008, 12:50 PM
Let me perfectly clear about this. I've read the allegations against Dan and I am not disputing a word the lady says. Dan was not hiding anything from anybody. He loves pretty women and he loves booze and everybody knew that.

What I am suggesting is that Dan had been drinking and his judgment was seriously muddled. He was mutually flirting with this woman all night, and then with her consent took her to a "private suite." I'm saying he blundered and completely misread this woman's signals. Bad move, probably a career-ending move. But to suggest this makes him some kind of secret serial rapist is absurd.

The nature of my last job required me (as well as several other women) to be alone with Dan on a regular basis. He has never been anything but a completely trustworthy gentleman to any of us. Dan is in a position of authority that gives him power that would be very easy to abuse. Yet that never happened. What did happen is that Dan promoted women to leadership positions in a previously all-male office. He fought for flextime for his female employees who wanted to be home when their kids got home from school. None of this was in exchange for anything other than the goodwill of his employees.

Again, I am well aware that given this position of power and authority, he can't afford to make a mistake as bad as he apparently made. He screwed up, and he will get raked over the coals for it. All I am saying is that he is a good man with a good heart, and that this is a very sad situation for a lot whole lot of people.

Okla-homey
7/1/2008, 01:35 PM
Some wag once said, "nowadays, its not the weight of the evidence that destroys a public figure, its the seriousness of the allegations."

That said, I don't think it matters much if he did it or not, I reckon he's pretty near done. Prayers for the family who will have a hard time answering the phone for a while.

BigRedJed
7/1/2008, 03:12 PM
I hope nobody read my mention of BTK as a comparison between the two individuals. It was only pointing out that, while we are often right about our family and friends, sometimes we are misled more easily than we think. VK, I hope you're right about your friend, and chances are, you are. Especially in light of the last post.

StoopTroup
7/1/2008, 03:46 PM
I loved that movie Black Snake Moan.

Always use chain and never bite the girl.

Don't let her bite you either.

Things will settle down in a few days once the Wedding pics are developed. ;)

OU4LIFE
7/29/2008, 12:54 PM
well?