PDA

View Full Version : My unofficial Preseason predictions...

OU_Sooners75
7/1/2008, 05:49 AM
The following are 16 of the top 17 in Mark Schlabach's (of espn.com) post spring top 25. I did not include BYU.

1. Ohio State
Ohio State will not finish the regular season #1. Toughest games; @USC, @Wisconsin and Michigan. Predicted record: 10-2

2. Georgia
Fairly easy non conference schedule helps the Bulldogs this year. Toughest games; @Arizona State, @LSU, Tennessee and Florida. Predicted record: 10-2

3. Oklahoma
Oklahoma my have the easiest task this season to getting to the BCS title game. Toughest games; @Washington, Cincy, Texas, Nebraska, and @ Oklahoma State. Predicted record: 11-1

4. Southern Cal
Southern Cal could march straight to the Title game this year. Toughest games; @Virginia, Ohio State, Oregon, Arizona State, and Notre Dame. Predicted record: 11-1

5. Florida
Tough road schedule. Florida may end up third once again in the East. Toughest games; @Tennessee, LSU, @Georgia, and @Florida State. Predicted record: 9-3

6. Missouri
This team will be determined to prove 2007 was no fluke. Toughest games; Illinois, @Nebraska, @Texas, and Kansas. Predicted record: 9-3

7. Clemson
Only four road games helps this team. Toughest games; Alabama, @Boston College, @ Florida State, and South Carolina. Predicted record: 8-4

8. Texas
Can they overcome Oklahoma's dominance? Toughest games; Oklahoma, @ Texas Tech, @ Kansas, and Texas A&M. Predicted record: 10-2

9. West Virgnia
Will their new coach continue to build off the Fiesta Bowl Blow out over OU? Every dog has their day, Stewart's past says the Fiesta Bowl was his. Toughest games; @Colorado, Auburn, @Louisville, and South Florida. Predicted record: 10-2

10. Auburn
Auburn seems to be the team of the SEC West. Toughest games; LSU, Tennessee, @West Virginia, Georgia, and @Alabama. Predicted record: 9-3

11. Texas Tech
Does Texas Tech really deserve to start this high? Toughest games; @Nevada, @Kansas, Texas, and @Oklahoma. Predicted record: 9-3

12. Louisiana State
They are not loaded with Seniors this year. Will they have enough to repeat? Toughest games; @Auburn, @Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Predicted record: 8-4

13. Arizona State
Can Arizona State win the Pac-10? Toughest games; Georgia, @ California, @ USC, Oregon, and @Arizona. Predicted record: 9-3

15. Tennessee
Tennessee is no stranger to a strong schedule. This year is no different. Toughest games; @UCLA, Florida, @Auburn, @Georgia, and Alabama. Predicted record: 8-4

16. Illinois
Will the Illni be better than last year? They have some major holes to fill. Toughest games; @Missouri, @Penn State, @Michigan, @Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Predicted record: 8-4

17. Kansas
No easy schedule this year. Toughest games; @South Florida, Colorado, @Oklahoma, Texas Tech, @Nebraska, Texas, and @Missouri. Predicted record: 7-5

soonerfan28
7/1/2008, 07:45 AM
I like how he has Georgia and OSU ahead of OU, but had them both losing 2 games to OU's 1. Does that make any since to anybody else?

Sooner_09
7/1/2008, 12:25 PM
Are these your rankings or Schlabach's?

1) lsu is wayy overrated
2) SUC has the easiest path to the title game
3) Georgia won't win the SEC East

JohnnyMack
7/1/2008, 12:27 PM
I don't think the Big XII has 5 top 17 teams.

Bone
7/1/2008, 12:29 PM

Probably not feasible because they'll be beating up on each other.

JLEW1818
7/1/2008, 12:42 PM
OU vs usc for the one millionth time.

UberSooner
7/1/2008, 01:53 PM
This will seem crazy but I put K-State where KU is. I think they will surprise this year.

shaun4411
7/1/2008, 02:44 PM
i think an ou v usc rematch would be fitting.

soonerfan28
7/1/2008, 04:38 PM
This will seem crazy but I put K-State where KU is. I think they will surprise this year.
If I'm not mistaken didn't Freeman show up last year out of shape.

OU_Sooners75
7/2/2008, 03:09 AM
I like how he has Georgia and OSU ahead of OU, but had them both losing 2 games to OU's 1. Does that make any since to anybody else?

*SIGHS*

To bad you all just read partial posts.

This will answer your post along with Sooner_09's.

The following are 16 of the top 17 in Mark Schlabach's (of espn.com) post spring top 25. I did not include BYU.

I did this predicition thing about a month ago on another board. I was using Mark Schlabach's top 20 as the basis, and giving my prediction of each team (aside from BYU) that he had ranked in his top 17.

If I had to give a top 5 right now it would be....

1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Missouri
5. Ohio State

IronHorseSooner
7/2/2008, 07:52 AM
I have seen predictions that have as many as six different teams ranked number 1 (between tOSU, us, Mizzou, FLA, UGA, and SUC). Right now, I would agree with these rankings. When the polls come out, I don't think we will be higher than #3, with tOSU and UGA in some combination ahead of us. Most polls have it flipped between us and SUC for 3 and 4, and Mizzou and FLA for 5 and 6.

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 08:28 AM

Yes, it does seem crazy. Now I am going to look at the KSU schedule and check back later.

bstuff1979
7/2/2008, 08:31 AM
I would say SUC is a good call for 1, but they don't have the dominant offense that has been there in the past. The D, on the other hand, is almost as good as the '01 OU D. Almost. The other reason I wouldn't put them at #1 is for the simple fact that I hate them and want them to die in a fire. That being said, here's how my top 10 would look:

1. Georgia
2. USpoiledChildren
3. Florida
4. OU
5. Mizzou
6. Ohio State
7. TTech
8. WV
9. USF
10. BYU (yeah, they're not top ten in terms of talent...but this is where they'll end up come January.)

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 08:36 AM
Sat, Aug 30 North Texas Manhattan, Kan. 6:05 p.m.
Sat, Sep 06 Montana State Manhattan, Kan. 6:05 p.m.
Wed, Sep 17 Louisville at Louisville, Ky. 7 p.m. Sat, Sep 27 Louisiana-Lafayette Manhattan, Kan. 2:35 p.m.
Sat, Oct 04 Texas Tech * Manhattan, Kan. TBA
Sat, Oct 11 Texas A&M * at College Station, Texas TBA
Sat, Oct 18 Colorado * at Boulder, Colo. TBA
Sat, Oct 25 Oklahoma * Manhattan, Kan. TBA
Sat, Nov 01 Kansas * at Lawrence, Kan. TBA
Sat, Nov 08 Missouri * at Columbia, Mo. TBA
Sat, Nov 15 Nebraska * Manhattan, Kan. TBA
Sat, Nov 22 Iowa State * Manhattan, Kan.

Bad news for KSU...nasty road schedule + OU and TX Tech at Manhattan. They will be lucky to be .500.

Wins will be NT, Mont St, LL Ragin Cajuns, and Iowa St.

The 50-50 games appear to be Louisville(road), A&M(road), and Nebraska(home).

All my opinion of course.

Speaking of Louisville, now I need to go take a look at their schedule. Wow, preseason can get interesting at times!

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 08:39 AM
I would say SUC is a good call for 1, but they don't have the dominant offense that has been there in the past. The D, on the other hand, is almost as good as the '01 OU D. Almost. The other reason I wouldn't put them at #1 is for the simple fact that I hate them and want them to die in a fire. That being said, here's how my top 10 would look:

1. Georgia
2. USpoiledChildren
3. Florida
4. OU
5. Mizzou
6. Ohio State
7. TTech
8. WV
9. USF
10. BYU (yeah, they're not top ten in terms of talent...but this is where they'll end up come January.)

I can't believe you said you wanted USC to die in a fire...that is way too quick and painless for those more than deserving turds of the earth.

bstuff1979
7/2/2008, 08:48 AM
I can't believe you said you wanted USC to die in a fire...that is way too quick and painless for those more than deserving turds of the earth.

Doesn't have to be a raging inferno. Think more along the lines of a BBQ. Slow cook them. Smoke them. Whatever your preference may be. My personal preference would be the raging inferno. I really don't want to have to see them any longer than I need to.

OUmillenium
7/2/2008, 08:52 AM
I am starting to get the picture now. Ahh, the slow cooking condoms sizzling and crackling over a hot flame. How relaxing. Need to get some marshmallows.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/2/2008, 09:59 AM
I don't think Nebraska is going to be a tough game this year.

illinisooner
7/2/2008, 10:02 AM
FWIW, Phil Steele has us at #3 and has us playing in the Fiesta Bowl against...USF! Kind of a weird pick, but Steele is usually pretty good at his predictions. He has Tech finishing 2nd in the Big 12 South, and in his write up, makes Mizzou sound pretty darn good.

josh09
7/2/2008, 05:25 PM

hes saying preseason, they should be ranked like this by the way they look BEFORE the season, but upsets happen, and they play tougher teams than us maybe.

r5TPsooner
7/2/2008, 05:28 PM

Three tops.