PDA

View Full Version : OU's 2008 roster has been updated.

soonerfan28
6/30/2008, 09:30 PM
I don't know that anybody cares, but they've updated the roster on soonersports.com and her are some of the notable players and the numbers they'll be wearing.
Jarboe #3, Owens #4 , Calhoun #23, Washinton#91, McGee #92.
Here's the link.
http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/okla-m-footbl-mtt.html

soonerfan28
6/30/2008, 09:59 PM
Does anybody know if Breathett is a walk-on?

setem
6/30/2008, 10:49 PM
# 5 John Nimmo!

He will give Sam a run for his money as the starting QB!

Rhino
6/30/2008, 11:05 PM
Done anybody know if Breathett is a walk-on? Yep. He's a recruited walk-on.

sooners123
7/1/2008, 12:06 AM
Anyone else notice that we have two wide recievers with the number four? Owens and Wilson, I'm thinking there has got to be some conflict with that. I remember that Owens said OU promised him number four, and well Wilson has seniority.....not to mention that was his bro's number.

OU_Sooners75
7/1/2008, 05:12 AM
# 5 John Nimmo!

He will give Sam a run for his money as the starting QB!

Sarcasm is a b*tch!

I watched John Nimmo play for Ponca City. Heck, his father was my nephew's youth football coach. The only reason he is on the roster is because he is a walk on.

I heard he does well running the scout team though.

soonerfan28
7/1/2008, 07:43 AM
I also like how John Williams has gained an inch. He's now 6'6. I guess that achilles surgery will make you taller.

JLEW1818
7/1/2008, 01:46 PM
Jarboe he looks like a number 3. Owens taking over Kelly's number.

KingDavid
7/1/2008, 10:38 PM
Anyone else notice that we have two wide recievers with the number four? Owens and Wilson, I'm thinking there has got to be some conflict with that. I remember that Owens said OU promised him number four, and well Wilson has seniority.....not to mention that was his bro's number.

I noticed the same thing. Methinks one of two things is true, possibly both.

1) Likely planning to redshirt Owens, so conflict won't matter.
2) Possibly moving Wilson to the other side of the ball? Does anyone know where he played on the defensive side of the ball in high school? I thought he was a safety.

Curly Bill
7/1/2008, 11:09 PM
I heard he does well running the scout team though.

...and the importance of this can't be overstated...

Really!

sooners123
7/1/2008, 11:46 PM
I noticed the same thing. Methinks one of two things is true, possibly both.

1) Likely planning to redshirt Owens, so conflict won't matter.
2) Possibly moving Wilson to the other side of the ball? Does anyone know where he played on the defensive side of the ball in high school? I thought he was a safety.

That is a possibility, but even if they redshirted owens and wilson doesn't change positions, they will still have the conflict next season. I bet there is some story behind this, I thought about Wilson being #4 when Owens said he was promised his number. Hopefully it isn't an issue.