PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: win or lose in the trial the Sonics...

Soonerus
6/30/2008, 09:12 PM
...will be known as the Oklahoma City Sonics as of Thursday...hopefully we win and it is academic but reports have the change occurring regardless...< a SF exclusive>...

OU Adonis
6/30/2008, 10:12 PM
Where you hearing this?

Soonerus
6/30/2008, 10:22 PM
sources...

JohnnyMack
7/1/2008, 02:32 PM
...wake me up when something interesting happens...

poke4christ
7/1/2008, 04:04 PM
I hope you're right. We'll know tomorrow what the verdict is.

BudSooner
7/1/2008, 05:33 PM
Actually I heard the same thing but, one source was quoted as saying "The Ford Center is a fine place no doubt, and i've spoken with the mayor of Tulsa about perhaps moving the team to Tulsa. Nothing is set in stone, we are only listening to offers from mayor Taylor, thats all I have to say......."

"The BOK arena would offer us better incentives when it comes to marketing the team, lower rent but we refuse to jump into a plan without hearing from both cities ideas"

"Obviously during the trial, there are limited things I can speak about except to say that if you believe any of this then perhaps the author should place a smiley at the end of this quote"

Soonerus
7/1/2008, 07:15 PM
OKC Sonics even if they play in Seattle next year...get it ???

Eielson
7/1/2008, 07:32 PM
It doesn't really bother me if they move this year or in a couple years. They should be a really good team in a couple years but right now they are pretty bad.

OU Adonis
7/2/2008, 08:44 AM
I personally think it would be awesome to see the OKC (insert name) in Seattle for two years. Of course I rather see them in OKC next year. But it would be fitting payback to see their team change in front of their eyes.

poke4christ
7/2/2008, 09:11 AM
Actually I heard the same thing but, one source was quoted as saying "The Ford Center is a fine place no doubt, and i've spoken with the mayor of Tulsa about perhaps moving the team to Tulsa. Nothing is set in stone, we are only listening to offers from mayor Taylor, thats all I have to say......."

"The BOK arena would offer us better incentives when it comes to marketing the team, lower rent but we refuse to jump into a plan without hearing from both cities ideas"

"Obviously during the trial, there are limited things I can speak about except to say that if you believe any of this then perhaps the author should place a smiley at the end of this quote"

I'm pretty sure that any talks with Tulsa are purely for bargaining purposes. I don't think Bennett in any way wants the team in Tulsa. That just wouldn't be as favorable a situation. I have to admit I'm a little worried about the city getting screwed becuase of our eagerness to get our first pro sports team. We're paid for all of the arena, we're paying for all of the renovations, and we'll probably still give the sonics a heck of a deal on the rent. Now on top of that, we're going to have to get into a bidding war with Tulsa? That's just crap.