PDA

View Full Version : "Tough multilateral diplomacy can yield promising results"

JohnnyMack
6/30/2008, 09:41 AM
Says President Bush in regards to North Korea.

I'm curious to some of your opinions regarding our handling of North Korea, a country who's human rights violations make Iraq look like Club Med in comparison. Why exactly is it OK to negotiate with the PDRK again?

SoonerInKCMO
6/30/2008, 10:27 AM
:les: They ain't got no oil!!

AggieTool
6/30/2008, 11:12 AM
'Cuz unlike the south, they'll buy our beef?:(

SoonerDood
6/30/2008, 12:24 PM
unlike Iraq, they have China in their corner?

Condescending Sooner
6/30/2008, 12:51 PM
Are they killing their citizens?

r5TPsooner
6/30/2008, 12:52 PM
Because over throwing there country would be harder than it was in Iraq.

mdklatt
6/30/2008, 01:00 PM

North Korea? Are you kidding??

Okieflyer
6/30/2008, 01:43 PM
Says President Bush in regards to North Korea.

I'm curious to some of your opinions regarding our handling of North Korea, a country who's human rights violations make Iraq look like Club Med in comparison. Why exactly is it OK to negotiate with the PDRK again?

It isn't. That's what's terrible about our leaders. Money is more important than doing the right thing.

Animal Mother
6/30/2008, 03:42 PM

Open a window and let oxygen in immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonerscuba
6/30/2008, 04:22 PM
Someone has realized his legacy is synonymous with "worst ever" and is clutching at straws to make some sort of impact beyond WMDs and thousands dead. Too little too late.

Like everything else he has ever attempted, it was provided for him and he walked away a failure.

I hope that N. Korea disarms itself and maybe, just maybe gets a little less wacky and more on board with the 1st world, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have found that I just don't care about Bush anymore, I want him to go back to Crawford clear brush, and be happy far away from any sort of responsibilty that might impact anybody beyond himself or family.

okieslp
6/30/2008, 04:26 PM
Someone has realized his legacy is synonymous with "worst ever" and is clutching at straws to make some sort of impact beyond WMDs and thousands dead. Too little too late.

Like everything else he has ever attempted, it was provided for him and he walked away a failure.

I hope that N. Korea disarms itself and maybe, just maybe gets a little less wacky and more on board with the 1st world, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have found that I just don't care about Bush anymore, I want him to go back to Crawford clear brush, and be happy far away from any sort of responsibilty that might impact anybody beyond himself or family.

Preaching to the choir!

The closer the end comes for old W, the more he'll be grasping for something to help alter his failed image in the view of the American public. Here's hoping he doesn't drag us all down with him :(

Chuck Bao
6/30/2008, 05:32 PM
Besides all that, the whole idea of multilateral diplomacy involving China and yielding promising results must be some typo or misprint somehow.

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2008, 05:36 PM
Here's a question. What does it matter if N. Korea is killing its citizens or not? Why is that our business?

For that matter, why is it really any of our business if they invade S. Korea? Let the South Koreans take care of themselves.

mdklatt
6/30/2008, 05:38 PM
Here's a question. What does it matter if N. Korea is killing its citizens or not? Why is that our business?

It's our business if they're assploding nuclear weapons.

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2008, 05:42 PM
It's our business if they're assploding nuclear weapons.

Only if they're unloading on our ***.

mdklatt
6/30/2008, 05:53 PM
Only if they're unloading on our ***.

It's best to be proactive when it comes to nuclear weapons.

Chuck Bao
6/30/2008, 06:08 PM

For that matter, why is it really any of our business if they invade S. Korea? Let the South Koreans take care of themselves.

To take the other extreme position, what if nobody cared? If we were to say let's just forget about democracy and freedom elsewhere, what would that say about us?

What would that say about us, meaning me and you, in a new global economy?

I don't think the US should shoulder all of the burden of being the world's policeman. We can't afford to anymore, anyway.

I'm also shocked at some of the Bush administration's tendency towards unilateral diplomacy when it suits us.

Hello? Zimbabwe and Robert Mugabe?

Like it or not, we have a global economy. Child sweat shops? Dumping chemical wastes into river tributaries used as drinking water? Freedom from intimidation and imprisonment for political views?

We would all like to think that the US is pulling the world up to our standard of living and respect. It would be really a sad thing if the developing world is dragging down the US to their level of rich get richer and debasement of the poor and unfortunate, through employment of illegals or outsourcing.