PDA

View Full Version : Meet America's first female to achieve four star rank in any service

Okla-homey
6/29/2008, 06:32 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9436/13qabj6.jpg

Currently, Ann E. Dunwoody is a Lieutenant General in the United States Army.

On June 23, 2008, the President nominated her to serve as the commander of the United States Army Materiel Command. If confirmed by the Senate, Dunwoody would be the first woman in the U.S. military to hold the rank of four-star General.

By law women are excluded from combat jobs, the typical path to four-star rank in the military. However, in 2005 she became the Army's top-ranking female when she received the promotion to Lieutenant General and became the Army's Deputy Chief of Staff, G-4 (logistics).

In 2008, she was named the Deputy Commanding General of Army Materiel Command and was nominated by President Bush shortly after assuming that duty. During her career, Dunwoody has been assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division, 10th Mountain Division and the Defense Logistics Agency. From May 1989 to May 1991, Dunwoody served as executive officer and later division parachute officer for the 407th Supply and Transportation Battalion, 82d Airborne Division, in Fort Bragg and deployed to Saudia Arabia for Operations Desert Shield/Storm.

She entered the Army in 1975.

SoonerStormchaser
6/29/2008, 08:15 AM
Air Force may not be too far behind...

Flagstaffsooner
6/29/2008, 08:17 AM
Air Force may not be too far behind...Didnt we have the first African-American general?

SoonerStormchaser
6/29/2008, 08:25 AM
I think so...

Okla-homey
6/29/2008, 06:32 PM
Didnt we have the first African-American general?

yessir. Chappie James. Interestingly, his Pop was one of the first black Army generals.

Curly Bill
6/29/2008, 08:10 PM
It's kinda funny that the woman's name is Dunwoody....:D

...or is it just me? :O

SouthFortySooner
6/29/2008, 09:13 PM
I'm just bettin she's a no nonscense kind a gal.

Curly Bill
6/29/2008, 09:16 PM

I bet she'd whip your *** if you called her gal. :D

C&CDean
6/30/2008, 11:25 AM
She's got senior jump wings and rigger's wings. I've never had a chick as a jumpmaster, but this one looks like she could hang. Of course this chick also looks like she's got a bigger dick than me too. I wonder if there's a Mr. Dunwoody out there...

stoopified
6/30/2008, 11:35 AM
It's kinda funny that the woman's name is Dunwoody....:D

...or is it just me? :O
All I knoe is she ain't about to do my WOODY.I insist all my women be less masculine in appaerence than me.This woman is scary .

Okla-homey
6/30/2008, 12:29 PM

I bet she wears comfortable shoes too. Made by a company named "Corcoran."
Polished to a glistening sheen like black diamonds. ALL THE WAY!

Okla-homey
6/30/2008, 12:29 PM
She's got MASTER jump wings and rigger's wings. I've never had a chick as a jumpmaster, but this one looks like she could hang. Of course this chick also looks like she's got a bigger dick than me too. I wonder if there's a Mr. Dunwoody out there...

fixed it.

C&CDean
6/30/2008, 02:26 PM
fixed it.

I didn't see the wreath around the star. One of these days I'm gonna actually break down and buy some of those $9 reading glasses up at the walmarts...